umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

I hate these kind of threads because they usually go round about with uninformed responses, but i can't help it, this Sonic on Wii-u deal and how people are upset is so mind boggling to me...when i heard the news i thought "YES! New sonic games, and Nintendo has a hand in it! SWEET!"

But it seems only thing people are upset about is that it's ONLY on wii-u, despite making it seem like they just don't want to buy a new system for sonic.

But no matter how you look at it, you would HAVE to buy a next gen system (wii-u, nextbox or ps4) in order to play the next GEN of sonic. they cant make sonic games for ever on ps3, 360 and wii.

#2 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

people are upset because they need to buy a wiiU, and public opinion is poor for that consul. its nintys main system is through good exclusives. with a deal with sega i wouldnt be surprised if more sega games come exclusivly to nintendo. there will be more love when the exclusive games come over and people actualy know the system better than assuming its crap. 

#3 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'd rather have Sonic games released multiplatform.

That's just how I feel. I don't want to shovel money for a console I don't even want to play X amount of Sonic Ggames.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#4 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

Trite, on 17 May 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:I'd rather have Sonic games released multiplatform.
That's just how I feel. I don't want to shovel money for a console I don't even want to play X amount of Sonic Ggames.

Your profile picture represents most Sonic fans right about now.

#5 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

I didn't even know most Sonic fans were Sony/Microsoft until today.

#6 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

I'd rather have Sonic games released multiplatform.

That's my point.

What systems do you own currently? all the games you want cant be on the same system. Do you dislike exclusives altogether?

#7 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

I can understand it but... so? There's been plenty of Sonic Games that have been exclusive, and if dreamcast was successful, all the sonic games would've been on that or their next console, but alas, we don't live in such a world.
We get what we're given, it's up to them what they do and if the game turns out awesome then no shame on them.

Also, other consoles are getting TONS of games we'll never get to play unless we buy their consoles, so give us a break, jeez.

Edited by Half, 17 May 2013 - 06:15 PM.

FmEkJ2.gif

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

You buy xbox for halo, playstation for naughty dog, and nintendo for platformers.

It's been this way for a pretty long time.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

That's how it is in gaming, you live and you boycott the hell out of it until they respond.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#10 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

That's my point.

What systems do you own currently? all the games you want cant be on the same system. Do you dislike exclusives altogether?

Really, the only console that I have that's still receiving games is the PS3, but I'll possibly get a PS4 if the price isn't too steep.

ecmB6v9.gif

#11 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

Really, the only console that I have that's still receiving games is the PS3, but I'll possibly get a PS4 if the price isn't too steep.

and why will you buy a ps4?

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

I didn't even know most Sonic fans were Sony/Microsoft until today.

They aren't, if you trust sales figures of Sonic games.  The loud ones that don't actually buy the games but like to whine on message boards are 360/PS3

#13 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

and why will you buy a ps4?

Because I'm a PlayStation fan by heart, and nothing on the Wii U (Yes, even the exclusives) really hold my attention.

Although, I do want to get a 3DS, if only for Pokemon X/Y, Kingdom Hearts DDD, Animal Crossing, and Ace Attorney 5.

ecmB6v9.gif

#14 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

They aren't, if you trust sales figures of Sonic games. The loud ones that don't actually buy the games but like to whine on message boards are 360/PS3

That's what I was thinking. Sonic has always done well on Nintendo platforms.

Of course, some of that is probably because a lot of Mario fans are secret Sonic lovers. :-o
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#15 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

That's what I was thinking. Sonic has always done well on Nintendo platforms.
Of course, some of that is probably because a lot of Mario fans are secret Sonic lovers. :-o

Mario and Sonic compliment each other. One is a slow, fat plumber who can own and the other is a super fast hedgehog who tends to have fewer abilities. It's a shame that when the two are together in a game, they are often given rather equal attributes, Smash Bros. Wii being an exception.

#16 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

Sonic Colours, Sonic and the secret rings, Sonic and the black knight were all Wii Exclusive, i never heard anyone whine about those games back then, why is it such a big deal now? because its *Cool* to hate the Wii U now days. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#17 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

Sonic Colours, Sonic and the secret rings, Sonic and the black knight were all Wii Exclusive, i never heard anyone whine about those games back then, why is it such a big deal now? because its *Cool* to hate the Wii U now days.

The 360/PS3 had its own Sonic games and Wii had its own. Also, many of these people probably owned a Wii because by the time these games came out, the Wii was old news. My prediction is that once the price on the Wii U drops, many haters will buy one.

#18 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

I hate these kind of threads because they usually go round about with uninformed responses, but i can't help it, this Sonic on Wii-u deal and how people are upset is so mind boggling to me...when i heard the news i thought "YES! New sonic games, and Nintendo has a hand in it! SWEET!"

But it seems only thing people are upset about is that it's ONLY on wii-u, despite making it seem like they just don't want to buy a new system for sonic.

But no matter how you look at it, you would HAVE to buy a next gen system (wii-u, nextbox or ps4) in order to play the next GEN of sonic. they cant make sonic games for ever on ps3, 360 and wii.[/size]

At what was the point of starting yet another thread and as a result further fragmenting the discussion.

#19 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

The 360/PS3 had its own Sonic games and Wii had its own. Also, many of these people probably owned a Wii because by the time these games came out, the Wii was old news. My prediction is that once the price on the Wii U drops, many haters will buy one.

The only game they had exclusive was Sonic the Hedgehog 2006... yaa...

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#20 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

They aren't, if you trust sales figures of Sonic games.  The loud ones that don't actually buy the games but like to whine on message boards are 360/PS3

True but there also Nintendo fans who are vocal and like to whine on message boards a out games that are not coming to their console which they probably wouldn't buy any way just because they aren't getting them. All consoles have exclusives whether they be first, second or third party and people just need to deal with it. If you want the option of playing any game that is released then you need to own all the consoles otherwise you have to accept there are some games you just won't get to play. This is the only reason I am a multi platform gamer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!