Photo

What happens if we see nextgen graphics from Wii U at E3?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

I was going to post this on Neogaf but the negativity towards Wii U is too strong. My question is this as the title says. If 3D mario, mario kart, Smash4, Bayo2, X, and others all show leaps and graphics comparable to PS4, and 720 what happens. Many here tend to believe that once the big name games are shown... They will be graphical showcases and all 3rd parties are gonna come running. I have no idea what Wii U will be able to do graphically. We have histroy of Nintendo making strong console (gamecube) or some a little better than the previous gen(3ds Wii) so what exactly is the Wii U no doubt the games shown at E3 will answer that question. And if they show than can walk toe to toe with launch games from ps4 and 720 what do you guys think will be the result from the industry( competition sony and microsoft, the media, journalist, and core gamers)?

#2 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Mariokart will not look that next-gen. The only ones that will is probably Retro's game or Bayonetta

#3 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

POPULAR

Shouldn't post that on Neogaf. Unless if you wanna see a person eating food as a response. 

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

3D mario won't have much of a difference in graphics, but am expecting smash 4, retros game, Bayonnetta 2 to show the capability of the Wii U.

so my answer to your question is... nothing, like ofc i will be happy but it won't surprise me at all.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

POPULAR

They will say that it took them almost a year to get gfx as good as launch games for the other two and say that Nintendo is behind yet again. You know they will.

#6 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

People will claim that all of the footage was from the games running off high end PCs. I guarantee you that will be the response, at least from people who enjoy hating on the system and Nintendo in general.

Realistically speaking though, there IS going to be a gap between what these three systems can do and the WiiU is going to be on the lower end of that rope. It just goes hand in hand with releasing a system earlier, most of the time. The thing nobody knows and yet everyone is speculating and talking about however is how big of a gap there is and what it will mean for the systems. There's honestly no telling one way or another.

pNgecl.gif

#7 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

I think that is their goal, but I don't know what will happen. 

There really isn't a point in speculating, we should just wait and see.

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

Then people will scream that Nintendo is even more doomed for raising development costs and that the graphics look nowhere near as good as the PS4/720 will.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#9 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

Then people will scream that Nintendo is even more doomed for raising development costs and that the graphics look nowhere near as good as the PS4/720 will.

This too. People will still say it's 'weaker than the 360'. I swear if someone came out and said it was weaker than the original Wii that haters would run with it. 

pNgecl.gif

#10 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

POPULAR

The Wii U is weaker than the Gamecube. 

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

Killzone 4's high lod models are 40k (about 2x kz3's models). This is from the expose itself.

Ayanes model from ninja gaiden 3 razors edge is 106k (only 1 lod)

Bayonetta 2's high lod model is 191k

It doesnt matter what happens, certain loud people have already invested in a certain narrative, and will spin anything to fit it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 02:53 AM.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

It'll never happen.

Nintendo don't focus on brown and grey.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

Why graphics? Doesn't gameplay matter the most? Who cares about graphics, that is why Crysis was garbage.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#15 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Killzone 4's high lod models are 40k (about 2x kz3's models). This is from the expose itself.

It doesnt matter what happens, certain loud people have already invested in a certain narrative, and will spin anything to fit it.

Where are you getting your info from?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

TheUltimateWaddleDee, on 18 May 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:Where are you getting your info from?

Killzone 4 doc. video, bayonetta 2 making of video, ng3 razors edge model rips.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

there will probly be some graphical showcases, mario kart wont be one. 3D mario do to artstyle wont need it and probly end up like nintyland, a hidden showcase.  retros game and bayonetta will likly be a showcase.

i do expect wiiU to top the killzone 4 demo, but i also expect the 720/PS4 to drive well ahead of the demo. i expect the gap in the gameplay feel itself to be next to none, almost purly a graphics difference. 

#18 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

People will claim that all of the footage was from the games running off high end PCs. I guarantee you that will be the response, at least from people who enjoy hating on the system and Nintendo in general.

Realistically speaking though, there IS going to be a gap between what these three systems can do and the WiiU is going to be on the lower end of that rope. It just goes hand in hand with releasing a system earlier, most of the time. The thing nobody knows and yet everyone is speculating and talking about however is how big of a gap there is and what it will mean for the systems. There's honestly no telling one way or another.

All three consoles will have the exact same featureset, XBOX will likely be around the same cpability level as WiiU after cycles are used on Kinect.  PS4 will do the exact same things, but slightly better, which will mean pretty much nothing visually.

#19 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

so so true ^^

All three consoles will have the exact same featureset, XBOX will likely be around the same cpability level as WiiU after cycles are used on Kinect.  PS4 will do the exact same things, but slightly better, which will mean pretty much nothing visually.

you keep saying the same feature set as if that means anything at all. The games that come out and the people that choose to buy Nintendo or Sony/Microsoft will determine if the Wii U is a success. Just because things do the "same" thing doesn't make them equal.

#20 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

Well the  Killzone Shadow Fall footage we have seen only used 3 GB of the 8GB that the PS4 has so yeah, it's gonna be hard to top that. Wii U games will still look alright, but I expect in 2-3 years for the gap between Wii U and PS4-Nextbox to be pretty damn noticeable.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!