39 replies to this topic

#1 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

As we know, EA is a massive company with major franchises like Battlefield, Mass Effect, future Star Wars and NFL games, etc.. We also know that none of these are rolling out of the Wii U. This means that the likes of Activision and Ubisoft as well as many other publishers and developers won't have to compete with such big names, and feel less threatened on U releases. On Microsony's machines competition will be fierce for consumers' money simply between publishers. Nintendo and EA stay away from each other, and there is much more breathing room.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

They still have to compete on the other consoles.

If anything it'll probably make them have super-stupid expectations of sales rather than the normal stupidity level they have for mediocre games.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

The loss I see here is sports games and the Star Wars games. While having Mass Effect ect. is nice and all, I'm not crying over not getting them.

2lvmghw.png

#4 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

Yeah I don't think that the developers are going to think of it that way. Ubisoft loves the Wii U already, so EA dropping support isn't going to impact them at all. Activision is a mystery at this point, I'm not really sure how they feel about the Wii U.  Black Ops 2 seemed to do decent on it, and Amazing Spider Man seemed ok, but as far as I know Call of Duty Ghosts isn't confirmed for the system yet (although if anyone can prove me wrong I would be quite happy). BUT there's also that new rumor saying the new Deadpool game is going to be coming to Wii U due to a listing on Amazon. So I don't know about them.

But regardless, I don't think many developers will care about EA's association (or lack thereof) with the Wii U. Developers are already doing what they want with it at this point.

#5 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

EA might care that others make more money then they do.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#6 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

The loss I see here is sports games and the Star Wars games. While having Mass Effect ect. is nice and all, I'm not crying over not getting them.

I'll be crying over the lack of Rogue squadron 4 for WiiU

#7 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

Oh man you sir have given me hope.....

I never thought of it like that, maybe now 2K will reboot their NHL series

EA makes a horrible hockey game....unless you like unrealistic arcade style play

The NHL 2K series on Wii was such a wonderfully made set of games, It was the closest thing to a hockey simulator on the market

Screw EA

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 19 May 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#8 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

Showing no support to a console and calling it crap will draw in 3rd party.....How in the world does that even make sense.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#9 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

We will probably get Star Wars games since Disney is in charge. They will want to see it on all consoles and have already shown their support for wii u with Disney infinity.

#10 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

Ubisoft are supporting the wii u despite minimal sales of their software because I guess they believe Nintendo will bounce back and are prepared to make a loss on wii u games in the short term. EA games seem to be intent on doing the maximum damage to Nintendo at every opportunity and they are damaging Nintendo.

It's clear EA made no effort with their wii u games previously with the exception of Criterion and are now trying to kill it off best they can.

I guess they want to a 2 horse race for the next generation.

The trouble is it's not in Nintendo's interest to work against EA. All they can really do is improve their market share and hope EA starts supporting wii u but emotionally I'm sure that is not what they want to do.

EA is a hard company to like.

#11 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

All it means is that the only Football game available on the Wii U is (hopefully) Pro Evolution Soccer, and the only shooting game is Call of Duty, Konami and Activision will have no serious competition for their games on the Wii U.

I really hope EA come back though, despite how much I hate them at the moment, I like FIFA (well, the World Cup games).

Bring the noise.

#12 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

Ubisoft are supporting the wii u despite minimal sales of their software because I guess they believe Nintendo will bounce back and are prepared to make a loss on wii u games in the short term. EA games seem to be intent on doing the maximum damage to Nintendo at every opportunity and they are damaging Nintendo.

It's clear EA made no effort with their wii u games previously with the exception of Criterion and are now trying to kill it off best they can.

The trouble is it's not in Nintendo's interest to work against EA. All they can really do is improve their market share and hope EA starts supporting wii u but emotionally I'm sure that is not what they want to do.

Even though it is a small negative (never good to see EA not supporting you), it's not a huge problem. I've all ready in a previous post on this forum laid out the sales numbers, and frankly EA hasn't ever sold more then 3 million units of a single game on a Nintendo platform. Their best selling game was EA Active Sporta, which I think was close to the 3 million mark. But that was it.

EA is hurting. They can't afford to spend resources on a game platform that they have no chance on. It's purely a business decision, that unfortunately they are turning personal. Maybe because they expected revenue from Nintendo with the Origin deal and when that went south they didn't know what to do.

Ubisoft on the other hand has no problem making money. Activision even admitted the same problem could happen with the newer consoles. So, like Ubisoft, they can afford losses and expect some growing pains.

However, Watch Dogs better do well (on Wii U). I have all ready preordered it. Ubisoft wouldn't like their new game not selling well. But I don't see a reason for it not doing well. It's a natural fit for the Wii U.

EDIT: EA has never on a NINTENDO platform sold more than 3 million units. There maybe one exception, however, one game out of all is nit good.

EDIT 2: I didn't mean Watch Dogs = Wii U exclusive. I meant the Wii U version. I officially recognized Ubisoft as a THIRD PARTY developer and not only making games for Wii U.

Edited by MorbidGod, 20 May 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#13 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

Even though it is a small negative (never good to see EA not supporting you), it's not a huge problem. I've all ready in a previous post on this forum laid out the sales numbers, and frankly EA hasn't ever sold more then 3 million units of a single game. Their best selling game was EA Active Sporta, which I think was close to the 3 million mark. But that was it.

EA is hurting. They can't afford to spend resources on a game platform that they have no chance on. It's purely a business decision, that unfortunately they are turning personal. Maybe because they expected revenue from Nintendo with the Origin deal and when that went south they didn't know what to do.

Ubisoft on the other hand has no problem making money. Activision even admitted the same problem could happen with the newer consoles. So, like Ubisoft, they can afford losses and expect some growing pains.

However, Watch Dogs better do well. I have all ready preordered it. Ubisoft wouldn't like their new game not selling well. But I don't see a reason for it not doing well. It's a natural fit for the Wii U.

Honestly, I plan on supporting most of Ubisofts games. I bought ZombiU, and depending on the improvements, will get ZombiU 2 (if it actually exists). I have the Rayman Challenge App, and definitely plan on getting Legends, as well as WatchDogs when it comes out. They put a lot of time and effort in their games, all of them are a labor of love and it shows. So far the only game from EA that seemed to get the same treatment was Need For Speed, and I plan on getting that as well. 

But I like how you actually realized that it honestly is the best business move for EA. Thank you for not immediately jumping to the 'Everyone hates Nintendo' conclusion. Yes that one guy did end up making it personal, and yes, EA isn't a company known for positive things, but regardless, there is no financially positive reason for them to be on the Wii U right now

#14 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

Honestly, I plan on supporting most of Ubisofts games. I bought ZombiU, and depending on the improvements, will get ZombiU 2 (if it actually exists). I have the Rayman Challenge App, and definitely plan on getting Legends, as well as WatchDogs when it comes out. They put a lot of time and effort in their games, all of them are a labor of love and it shows. So far the only game from EA that seemed to get the same treatment was Need For Speed, and I plan on getting that as well.

But I like how you actually realized that it honestly is the best business move for EA. Thank you for not immediately jumping to the 'Everyone hates Nintendo' conclusion. Yes that one guy did end up making it personal, and yes, EA isn't a company known for positive things, but regardless, there is no financially positive reason for them to be on the Wii U right now

Yep, it's sad but true.

#15 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Yep, it's sad but true.

Maybe that will change if Nintendo pulls a 3DS style recovery. We'll see what happens!

#16 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

I think this is temporary thing, considering the wii u ain't doin so hot right now, it's a money issue. They don't want to develop because they don't wanna face losses, but when the momentum pick up again, they'll return to it. It all about the money, which other third parties can now capitalize on
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#17 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

Julio93, on 19 May 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:Showing no support to a console and calling it crap will draw in 3rd party.....How in the world does that even make sense.

EA already has a really bad reputation with the SimCity fiasco and day 1 DLC, not to mention is a massive bully. I seriously doubt that developers not connected to them would listen to a single word the spew. Ubisoft and others have said very good things about the console as well.

Desert Punk, on 20 May 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:Ubisoft are supporting the wii u despite minimal sales of their software because I guess they believe Nintendo will bounce back and are prepared to make a loss on wii u games in the short term. EA games seem to be intent on doing the maximum damage to Nintendo at every opportunity and they are damaging Nintendo.

Trust me, when the big AAA games roll out and sales pick up, suddenly EA will say the Wii U has/had "untapped potential".

#18 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

It's weird. Everyone acts like Ubisoft is ONLY making games for the Wii U. Where is that coming from?

#19 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

They still have to compete on the other consoles.

If anything it'll probably make them have super-stupid expectations of sales rather than the normal stupidity level they have for mediocre games.

Right, it's a no-win situation for EA as far as I'm concerned. But what do you expect from the team that had to cancel its NBA game 3 YEARS STRAIGHT! 

I also think however, this may be an chance for nintendo to fill a lawsuit. EA is running a monopoly on NFL and FIFA games, yet they are keeping the product from nintendo. however, nintendo CANT compete back even if they wanted to, because of the license agreement. THIS IS MONOPOLY to the definition. 

I'm sure someone at ninty has to be looking into this, there's no way this can be allowed.I't be on thing if they couldn't make the game, but they flat out are saying they're not trying, with possible grounds for bias reasons.

#20 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

Maybe that will change if Nintendo pulls a 3DS style recovery. We'll see what happens!

It's coming soon, but not soon enough for some!

It's weird. Everyone acts like Ubisoft is ONLY making games for the Wii U. Where is that coming from?

I assume I am apart of everyone, so this question is directed towards me.

Where did I state that, exactly? I never said Ubisoft IS ONLY making games for Wii U. I did state about the exclusive deal Sega has, but that isn't called Ubisoft by any means.

So where did I state that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!