Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

I wasn't able to catch the whole event, so hopefully it's up on YouTube soon. :3

Not sure about the name, "Xbox One", but we'll see. :P

Please allow me to recap it for you

First they show off the Xbox one as a glorified TV remote control

Then they show its ground breaking new next gen features like "Skype" (which I guess is like a video chat thing with cameras and other High tech things Nintendo fans wouldnt know anything about)

Then EA came out and showed off sports games for about 48 minutes

Then they showed off the super system seller Forza o_e

And followed it up by letting Activision take the stage and show off **drum roll ** Call of Duty (which will most definitely Game of the Year 2013)

#82 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

@ Nollog
Naw, no gameplay. But none of these consoles ever show gameplay footage when they are first revealed. It's always CGI.

#83 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hopefully at the next e3 they'll show off a lot of games

Edited by AdmiralClassy, 21 May 2013 - 10:22 AM.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#84 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

Please allow me to recap it for you

First they show off the Xbox one as a glorified TV remote control

Then they show its ground breaking new next gen features like "Skype" (which I guess is like a video chat thing with cameras and other High tech things Nintendo fans wouldnt know anything about)

Then EA came out and showed off sports games for about 48 minutes

Then they showed off the super system seller Forza o_e

And followed it up by letting Activision take the stage and show off **drum roll ** Call of Duty (which will most definitely Game of the Year 2013)

Lol. I did catch the COD reveal. From the pictures I've seen, the console looks huge!

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#85 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

XBOX 1 WILL NOT BE BACKWARDS COMPATABLE!
http://mobile.thever...ds-compatibilty

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#86 caryrae73

caryrae73

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

From Engadget:

Processor and graphics: as rumored, a heavily customized AMD chip that combines an eight-core CPU, a GPU tailored for DirectX 11.1 graphics and 32MB of high bandwidth embedded ESRAM memory. The 28nm chip will consume around 100 watts, which is slightly higher than current Xbox Slim and PS3, but Microsoft promises noise from the cooling fans will be "four times quieter."

System memory: a Sony-rivaling 8GB of RAM, although it'll be DDR3 instead of the PlayStation 4's GDDR5.

Audio and video: 1080p and 4K both supported; 7.1 surround sound.

Kinect: This will be bundled with the console and contain 250,000-pixel infrared depth sensor as well as a regular 720p web cam.

Storage and media: a 500GB hard drive of unknown speed plus a Blu-ray / DVD combo drive that will be used as little as possible. We're told disc-based games will be ripped to the HDD automatically.

Connectivity: HDMI 1.4 output and passthrough; a "few" USB 3.0 ports; gigabit Ethernet; plus, three separate 802.11n radios to allow the console to communicate with its controller (over a form of WiFi Direct) as well as other devices (such as perhaps other Windows-based phones and tablets) without losing its connection to the internet. At other times, two radios could be used to maintain a stronger WiFi signal.

If the spec you're looking for isn't on this list, that's likely because Microsoft hasn't revealed it yet. We've requested further details and will update as and when we hear more.

#87 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

http://www.computera...e-for-xbox-one/

:cough: Yeah...

>Pay for used games

>Pay for online

>No backwards compatibility

Sounds like a winner to me!

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#88 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

@ Nollog
Naw, no gameplay. But none of these consoles ever show gameplay footage when they are first revealed. It's always CGI.

Nintendo showed gameplay.
So did Sony when they showed the PS4, granted it was running on PC...

http://d.pr/i/V03d

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#89 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

@ Nollog

So you just proved the point that they don't show gameplay. Also, I don't recall the Wii U showing actual ingame footage when it was revealed either.

#90 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

From Engadget:

Processor and graphics: as rumored, a heavily customized AMD chip that combines an eight-core CPU, a GPU tailored for DirectX 11.1 graphics and 32MB of high bandwidth embedded ESRAM memory. The 28nm chip will consume around 100 watts, which is slightly higher than current Xbox Slim and PS3, but Microsoft promises noise from the cooling fans will be "four times quieter."

System memory: a Sony-rivaling 8GB of RAM, although it'll be DDR3 instead of the PlayStation 4's GDDR5.

Audio and video: 1080p and 4K both supported; 7.1 surround sound.

Kinect: This will be bundled with the console and contain 250,000-pixel infrared depth sensor as well as a regular 720p web cam.

Storage and media: a 500GB hard drive of unknown speed plus a Blu-ray / DVD combo drive that will be used as little as possible. We're told disc-based games will be ripped to the HDD automatically.

Connectivity: HDMI 1.4 output and passthrough; a "few" USB 3.0 ports; gigabit Ethernet; plus, three separate 802.11n radios to allow the console to communicate with its controller (over a form of WiFi Direct) as well as other devices (such as perhaps other Windows-based phones and tablets) without losing its connection to the internet. At other times, two radios could be used to maintain a stronger WiFi signal.

If the spec you're looking for isn't on this list, that's likely because Microsoft hasn't revealed it yet. We've requested further details and will update as and when we hear more.

Engadget are slouching

They didn't reveal anything about the architecture, aside from the number of transistors

They did not mention 4k at all

Kinect 2.0 will have a 1080p camera

#91 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

@ Nollog

So you just proved the point that they don't show gameplay. Also, I don't recall the Wii U showing actual ingame footage when it was revealed either.

They called them "experiences" at e3.
NSMB Mii == NSMBU

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#92 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

I dont buy used games usually so it doesnt bother me. I like the Xbox One and E3 will decide it for me. Sony burnt me bad on my Vita so thats why im leaning

towards Xbox

#93 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

I'm getting a PS4 or 720. Question is which one. The answer is coming tomorrow ^_^.

PS4 :) at least for me

#94 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

Engadget are slouching

They didn't reveal anything about the architecture, aside from the number of transistors

They did not mention 4k at all

Kinect 2.0 will have a 1080p camera

they probably got a fact sheet, being press.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#95 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

I dont buy used games usually so it doesnt bother me. I like the Xbox One and E3 will decide it for me. Sony burnt me bad on my Vita so thats why im leaning

towards Xbox

I have 2 vitas so i know where your coming from, i plan to keep at least one of them for the PS4 in hopes it really is a big part of the PS4 and not another bluff like they said it would be part of ps3. so we will see

#96 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

Well, Xbox 1 will always hold a special spot in my collection.... 360 was dissapointing.... hell almost ALL of last gen was disapointing so whatever....

But Xbox one.... I think this is where we part ways microsoft. wii u and ps4 for me. Didnt see that coming a few months ago. MS had it practically in the bag with me back when i knew nothing. Oh well.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#97 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

http://www.computera...e-for-xbox-one/

:cough: Yeah...

>Pay for used games

>Pay for online

>No backwards compatibility

Sounds like a winner to me!

This kinda sucks. Most of my 360 games are used.

The console does look really good. The controller is sexy as hell, the console design looks fresh and up-to-date. The specs are nice too.

But honestly, I wanna buy a GAMING console, not a home entertainment system. I wanna buy an Xbox 90% for the games, not for a Nintendo TVii spin-off and stuff I can do on my PC. Sure all that stuff is cool, but no real reason to buy it. I really don't care much about Kinect either. So far, I prefer the Wii U over anything we've seen for 'next-gen'. I only hope in the end it will show of some graphics comparable to what we have seen on the other two consoles, then I'm fine.

No sig.

#98 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

it's strange to me that people seem to decide what they are buying before they even know anything about it.

#99 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

it's strange to me that people seem to decide what they are buying before they even know anything about it.

I have to agree. It doesn't make much sense.

#100 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

Never had a Microsoft console and this reveal didn't tempt me over even with some of the cool stuff such as the speed of switching programs. No real opinion on it besides the console looking very ugly. Half of it seems to be grated, perhaps for airflow, so I can't really fault it for the aesthetics if it's for function. Eh, it'll probably sell well if it's priced low. I've always assumed the 360 did well because the PS3 was expensive, so I really don't know what to expect if it's priced to make a profit. Neither look like "budget hardcore shooter" consoles.

Edited by Ixchel, 21 May 2013 - 11:07 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!