Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

http://kotaku.com/ru...-game-504266729

Nintendo patched a bug in Tomodachi Collection 3DS that allowed same-sex couples.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

It says Males are allowed to marry males... are females allowed to marry females? Hmm might play this game ;)

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

POPULAR

Easy-Beef-Enchiladas.jpg

Stop the hate, Nintendo.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

I don't see why people are moaning. It's a bug, it needs to be fixed because it's a bug. Also, Japan might have a different view on gay marriage.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#5 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

Omfg i need that game.

#6 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

I didn't know Nintendo had such a negative stance towards Mexican food.

Edited by Tom, 20 May 2013 - 12:29 PM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

I don't see why people are moaning. It's a bug, it needs to be fixed because it's a bug. Also, Japan might have a different view on gay marriage.

And it's ok for Japan to have a different view on gay marriage? No, it's not.

The fact Nintendo described it as "human relations that become strange" is extremely ignorant and incorrect. This is the 21st century, being homosexual is normal. If they had simply released a statement saying "fixes all in-game bugs and glitches" then I could understand your point.

Like someone said in the comments section of the article: the best Nintendo could do is nothing that way they will not be showing support for gay marriage nor will they be opposing it as it is an unintentional bug.

#8 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Awesome, now they can relate to fans.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#9 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

Goddamn Enchiladas.

Scumm of the plate.

#10 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

I don't see why they should patch to prevent it. If anything they should patch it to allow females to do the same too!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#11 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

The fact Nintendo described it as "human relations that become strange" is extremely ignorant and incorrect. This is the 21st century, being homosexual is normal. If they had simply released a statement saying "fixes all in-game bugs and glitches" then I could understand your point.

Like someone said in the comments section of the article: the best Nintendo could do is nothing that way they will not be showing support for gay marriage nor will they be opposing it as it is an unintentional bug.

Yes it is the 21st century, but there are still a lot of countries that look down on homosexuals. By Western standards it isn't right, but in Japan it could be offensive to some. Nintendo might have needed to fix the bug to keep their family friendly image in Japan and other eastern nations. I do agree that they could have use more appropriate wording though, that was a bit Unnecessary.

Edited by BanjoKazooie, 20 May 2013 - 01:24 PM.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

It says Males are allowed to marry males... are females allowed to marry females? Hmm might play this game ;)

Actually, no. The glitch didn't work with female-female marriages.

More ontopic: BURN THE EVIL NINTENDO FOR FIXING SOMETHING THAT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE. HOW DARE THEY FIX THEIR GAMES

Edited by GameCollector, 20 May 2013 - 01:41 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

I can understand why Nintendo hates enchiladas. Iwata, Reggie, and Miyamoto probably brought some to a party and ate them. Later they all had stomach pains and diarrhea.

I can completely back Nintendo on this decision.

#14 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

The fact Nintendo described it as "human relations that become strange" is extremely ignorant and incorrect. This is the 21st century, being homosexual is normal. If they had simply released a statement saying "fixes all in-game bugs and glitches" then I could understand your point.

I have a different view on gay marriage. Problem?

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#15 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

And then you find out "human relations that become strange" has nothing to do with homosexuality.

It's something much worse.

MUCH worse.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#16 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

And then you find out "human relations that become strange" has nothing to do with homosexuality.

It's something much worse.

MUCH worse.

You mean that thing that starts with a "p" that only happens to girls?

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#17 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

A company that wants to maintain a family image in a conservative country with a negative stance towards homosexuality gets rid of a bug that wasn't supposed to be there in the first place.

As a pro-gay rights person, I don't understand the issue with this.

#18 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

I have a different view on gay marriage. Problem?

You mean do I have a problem with people who are against equality? Obviously.

#19 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

You mean do I have a problem with people who are against equality? Obviously.

Equality is a naïve myth.

#20 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

Equality is a naïve myth.

.... Maybe when you get down to it, but not in this context.

Why do you have a different stance on gay marriage?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!