Photo

How will you feel if the PS4 and NEXTBOX launch price is similar to the WII U?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

the price is alien... U can buy a top in the line PC with that money...  http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=468294

If we add 2 games and 200 euro on top of that... 600 pounds is 701euro +2 games for about 140 euro (70 each) u can get the following

haswell 4770k (320 euro)  (this cpu is INTEL and will be released near september. Is the top mainstream cpu for the next 2 years)
mother board for about 170 euro
GTX 770 (340 euro)  (This gpu will be released near September, with 2 or 4gb of GDDR5 and 20% FASTER than GTX680)
corsair psu 650watt (60 or 70 euro)
8 or 16 gigs of ram (50-80 euro)
1 hdd 500gb (maybe 1tb) (40-60 euro)
a mid case (40-50 euro)
mouse + keyboard. (10-20 euro)

The amazon price is original, its not placeholders... And the PC setup I did, is a top pc DOZEN times better than any xbox and any ps4.  U can play all games ALL MAXXED 16AA x 8AA with more than 60 fps, for many years. Also you can built ur own games with the PC or do more stuff...

Edit :  after a big advertisement of that price, amazon added the information about the price may change, blablabla...

Edited by Plutonas, 01 June 2013 - 05:36 AM.

#42 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:50 AM

i will feel dissapointed because i want to pay more

#43 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

i will feel dissapointed because i want to pay more

I read this earlier, and I am still laughing at it. I love posts like this. 

After going through the cycle with GPU's and consoles, I have a formula-wait a little while after launch to buy. Maybe not years, but give it some time. Do not fall for the hysteria. In the case of consoles, you will clean up on launch software at a better price for some titles, and others will be patched. PC titles will almost always be better months after launch, and possibly cheaper because you miss out on the bugs. 

My plan for this launch? Enjoy the Wii U. Let the PS4 earn my business, and make sure I buy it when I can walk into the store and easily buy one. There is nothing worse than having two launch consoles (I did this with Wii and PS3) and not being able to really fully enjoy either one. 

I don't see why anyone is disappointed in the Wii U given the above. If your an early adopter, you knew that the probability of first party delays was great, and you also knew you could get third party titles elsewhere. You also paid the price of entry. So, I do not see what there is to be upset about.   

I should disclose that I am not really interested in the PS4 now, but when Uncharted comes out, the wife will make me buy one and play through it so she can watch it. Of course, she was like this with the Wii U and Metroid/Mario. Could be much worse, lol. 

• Xef likes this

#44 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

No...? I still wouldn't buy it, with all that "always online" nonsense and microsoft having to install/download a game just to play it. Also, I hate team sports...

But then again, I've played nintendo all my life. To me nintendo is the perfect gaming company.

In fact, it's my birthday and I'm hoping to open up a 3ds XL today :)

I'm probably getting mine on the 9th.

Signature_DK.png

#45 gronik

gronik

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Simon the SorcererTekkenQuintetZelda

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

Right I must say this pretty much sums up how I feel about this myself:

[1] My plan for this launch? Enjoy the Wii U. Let the PS4 earn my business, and make sure I buy it when I can walk into the store and easily buy one. There is nothing worse than having two launch consoles (I did this with Wii and PS3) and not being able to really fully enjoy either one. 

[2] If your an early adopter, you knew that the probability of first party delays was great, and you also knew you could get third party titles elsewhere. You also paid the price of entry. So, I do not see what there is to be upset about.   

[3] I should disclose that I am not really interested in the PS4 now, but when Uncharted comes out, the wife will make me buy one and play through it so she can watch it. Of course, she was like this with the Wii U and Metroid/Mario. Could be much worse, lol. 

[1] I think this is an important thing to really factor in when buying any console at launch. It is always a rocky road through the first year to some level, you need to be able to enjoy what the system offers in the long run, in the wii u’s case it is a truck load of potentially legendary games!

[2] Exactly!
The only reason I really brought a Wii U at launch, what really sold me was that Tekken tag tournament 2 was a launch title. I am a complete Tekken fan and this has been the one title which has sold me on getting any system other than obvious gaming curiosity.
  But I know I’m one of a few people who really appreciates the effort Nintendo has taken to get support from Namco.
It is the first full Tekken on a Nintendo home console and quite frankly it is the definitive version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
  Even if you take away all of the “bonus” content, the fact that you can now play Tekken with Nintendo's legendary D-Pad makes the game feel silky smooth!

[3] Alas this is true. It would be silly to close your self off into one corner of the gaming sphere for the next ten years because you’d miss out on soo many interesting experiences.
  Which you wouldn’t even really be able to comment on because you’d lack any experience with them to have an opinion good or bad.
For me it would be Tekken 7. I’d like to think Namco may stay good to Nintendo and continue to support them with the next big Tekken game, however this is an ever changing industry and only time will tell.

And now I think it’s time to check the weather on Miiverse…

Edited by gronik, 01 June 2013 - 04:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!