• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:02 PM

Hulk Hogan put WWE on the map and so did Wrestlemania in the 80's. Attitude Era for WWF using younger Talent rather than stars from the 80's is what made WWF win the Monday Night Wars over WCW. Nitro was awesome but WCW relied to heavily on past stars and had some bad hiring with Vince Russo. That era of Wrestling ECW,WCW & WWF made it cool to like wrestling. Now WWE is kinda back in the corner of guilty pleasure for anyone over the age of 14.

#22 elvisbeck

elvisbeck

Blooper

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • NNID:elvisdavebeck
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

True. And Hulk was still in the business for a long time after that! Didn't Eric Bishoff have a hand in the Monday Night Wars?
Hi, I'm Dave. If you wish to add me to your Wii U Friend List, my NNID is elvisdavebeck. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/user/elvisbeck., where I play Nintendo games and more.

#23 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

True. And Hulk was still in the business for a long time after that! Didn't Eric Bishoff have a hand in the Monday Night Wars?

He pretty much lead them in the wars and since WCW was live and Raw was taped he would always announce the results and that propelled WCW Nitro ratings well ahead of WWF for a couple years. many don't know but WWF was close to consider going bankrupt. Thankfully Foley,taker,Kane,Austin and Rock and DX got them over.

Random fact Undertaker not the character but the man is deathly and I mean deathly afraid of cucumbers. He has some wierd Phobia of them where many people teased him for it. Taker and Kane are really nice classy guys but man I lost my gourd finding that out today watching Jim Cornette and Paul Bearer doing a shoot

Edited by Ryudo, 10 February 2014 - 03:37 PM.

#24 elvisbeck

elvisbeck

Blooper

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • NNID:elvisdavebeck
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

I did not know that.
Hi, I'm Dave. If you wish to add me to your Wii U Friend List, my NNID is elvisdavebeck. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/user/elvisbeck., where I play Nintendo games and more.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WWE, 2K Sports

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!