#1 Ayumi Yamada

Ayumi Yamada

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, SEGA, Capcom, XSeed, ATLUS

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

Hi guys! Since I'm new and all that jazz, I figured I should make my first post on here.

So to start out, I'm an exclusive Nintendo gamer, which means I only play whatever Nintendo throws at me.

That's to say that I dislike Sony or Microsoft, and I will say that I did try out both the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, and honestly, I felt extremely out of place when playing on those consoles; hence why I prefer to stick solely with Nintendo.

So, I'll go ahead and get this out of the way, I do not own the Nintendo Wii U just yet, nor do I own the Nintendo 3DS. Currently, I own the Wii and DSi; and the backstory on that is I've been on a video game hiatus for a good, long while during my high school years to work on other life stuff, like learning the Japanese language, improving my grades, spending time with friends (which I did play video games with them here and there, which sort of broke my hiatus), but now that I've graduated high school and seem to have a lot more control in my life, I decided to go back into gaming and start getting more into what Nintendo has been doing.

By that, since I have not played much on the Wii or DSi, I've decided something which will probably be like, "Why on earth is this person doing this?" for you. Next week, I'll pre-order the Animal Crossing 3DS bundle and about four weeks after that, I'll buy the Wii U Deluxe set. However, I will not play on either system. Why? Since I missed out a great deal on the Wii/DS, I'm going to basically play "catch-up" and play some of the games that made both those systems awesome - and if I am playing on the 3DS/Wii U, I'll be too tempted to play 3DS/Wii U games besides Wii/DS games. And yes, I know that they're backwards compatible. And yes, I'll probably be tempted to unbox both the 3DS and Wii U once I buy them, but I'll lock 'em away somewhere until I feel as though I got the most out of my Wii and DS.

Not only that, but I probably won't be too much into both systems at this point until Super Smash Bros. comes out.

So as far as anyone wanting to play some kind of multiplayer game with me, if you have games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, or anything; I'd be happy to play. Think of it as going old-school for a bit.

But anyway, besides all that stuff, I'll be going to college around July to start on my journey as a Pre-Med student. I'll attend a junior college for the next two years, move on to a big university (upon which I will take a year out to study abroad in Japan), and then finish out my bachelor's in... Whatever I decide to major in. Then it's medical school, etc. So my life's pretty much laid out.

So all in all, I have two years to enjoy myself on. Hopefully Super Smash Bros. will be out by then, but if not, I'll probably manage up a way to play it during my university years.

So yeah! That's everything I guess there is about me. This post is pretty long, so I wouldn't WOULD be surprised if you read this far. If there's anything else you'd like to know or anything, I'd be more 'n happy to talk.

Edited by Ayumi Yamada, 23 May 2013 - 11:51 AM.

xtxlt.jpg

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

Welcome to the forums!

#3 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

Be Surprised, i read the entire thing and so will others! 
Welcome to the Forum, where we talk about the obvious, Nintendo Wii U!

I would recommend playing the Wii U when all the big games come out (like 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Retro, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin etc) because my guess is that smash bros won't be coming out this year or early next year, it's a pretty big game after all and we haven't even got a screenshot or leaks yet.

Also if you're not going to play the Wii U, i would wait until the price goes down a bit more, no point paying $400 for it now and not use it but then start to use it when the price is $350 or even $300, just a suggestion! :D

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#4 8BitDisaster

8BitDisaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Inu-Yasha, DaH, LSOH, Mega Man, Mario

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

Welcome.

scanty_and_kneesocks_transform_by_tdi_gw

Steam - 8BitDisaster

Tumblr - 8BitDisaster

#5 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

I like this guy, Has a profile and icon before his first post and even has a long lengthy story about his life goals. Welcome to the forums my friend! and yes, i am indeed imaginary.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#6 Ayumi Yamada

Ayumi Yamada

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, SEGA, Capcom, XSeed, ATLUS

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

Be Surprised, i read the entire thing and so will others! 
Welcome to the Forum, where we talk about the obvious, Nintendo Wii U!

I would recommend playing the Wii U when all the big games come out (like 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Retro, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin etc) because my guess is that smash bros won't be coming out this year or early next year, it's a pretty big game after all and we haven't even got a screenshot or leaks yet.

Also if you're not going to play the Wii U, i would wait until the price goes down a bit more, no point paying $400 for it now and not use it but then start to use it when the price is $350 or even $300, just a suggestion! :D

Haha! I totally just caught that typo I made, I meant that I would be surprised, not wouldn't! Sheesh, that made me sound so over-confident at first!

But yeah, I see what you mean! I guess I'm just OCD about having the console. I work at this retail store that I'll soon be terminating from by the next month, so that's why I want to go ahead and get the 3DS and Wii U because my parents don't really spend that much on me compared to my younger siblings, haha.

Welcome to the forums!

Thank you!

Welcome.

Thanks.

@BlooregardQ.Kazoo:

Haha! Thank you very much!

Edited by Ayumi Yamada, 23 May 2013 - 11:56 AM.

xtxlt.jpg

#7 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your time here. If you need any help just ask! :D

#8 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Well, that was the longest introduction i have seen here! :D

Hope everything goes as planned and enjoy your stay here!

#9 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

Awwww, welcome there, you seem like just the person to fit in the cast.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#10 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Welcome to the forums! Some of us here (such as I) didn't get as much greetings as you so nice one! Enjoy your stay at the Wii U Forums and sell your soul to me be friends with everyone here (except the forum trolls that come here to bash) . Lengthy post but either way I just read it anyway. I'm still in the 8th grade though so I can't necessarily fully understand High School life :P 

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

Welcome to our family!

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#12 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Hello and welcome to our forums, I hope you enjoy your stay here :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Introduction, Ayumi, Yamada, Wii, DS, Wii U, 3DS, New, Newbie, Hi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!