• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

I saw in the archives that this was once pitched on this board and would like to bring this up again myself. I think there should be a board where people can buy, sell or exchange video games with each other. Most websites that implement such a board put a disclaimer that they are not responsible for bad deals, but they still tend to have moderators to warn or ban bad eggs. So if such a board was done, yeah you would probably need to have another moderator, but I think a board like this would overall add to the forum. I'm also for making a 100 post minimum before you can deal, to keep people from signing up just to use it for good or bad purposes.

#2 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

Ehhh... I don't really think that would be a good idea. Because if someone was to scam you, there is nothing you can do about it.

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Ehhh... I don't really think that would be a good idea. Because if someone was to scam you, there is nothing you can do about it.

True, but an individual can minimize their risk by dealing with people they trust on here.

#4 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Or from people who have a minimum amount of posts or rep.

Eh, I don't think it'd fit very well, I normally only see them on forums about particular products or services.

FmEkJ2.gif

#5 8BitDisaster

8BitDisaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Inu-Yasha, DaH, LSOH, Mega Man, Mario

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

I kind of like it. Just need a Rep system / thread and middleman.

scanty_and_kneesocks_transform_by_tdi_gw

Steam - 8BitDisaster

Tumblr - 8BitDisaster

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

I don't like this idea at all, you would probably get a lot of shady deals and that would just create more unnessassery work for the Admins, Mods.

#7 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

I don't like this idea at all, you would probably get a lot of shady deals and that would just create more unnessassery work for the Admins, Mods.

^

Besides, there's no real way for me to regulate such things.  You guys can contact each other through Ebay and the such, but I really don't want to be responsible for transactions on this site.

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

Hey guys, can I buy Mig?

I wanna buy Mig, and I have all the Aussie dollars you could crave for in exchange?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:19 AM

Just pm each other and put stuff on craigslist or ebay or somewhere like that when you agree on details.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:49 AM

^

Besides, there's no real way for me to regulate such things.  You guys can contact each other through Ebay and the such, but I really don't want to be responsible for transactions on this site.

Well, the thing is, as of right now, advertising of any kind is forbidden, so if anybody even says they have something on eBay, they run the risk of being warned/banned. I still have no idea how I got my own game sales thread approved by Feld0 way back when.

Now, I think it would be a novel idea to have an eBay/Craigslist subsection in the forums where users are allowed to have one thread in the buying and selling subsections to advertise what they were offering on Craigslist/eBay. As for trading...I suppose that could be done through Craigslist, but I'm not sure how well that could be managed in the long term.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#11 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

Well, the thing is, as of right now, advertising of any kind is forbidden *without admin or mod approval*

But I think it may be possible for an Ebay listing thread (as opposed to a section), but I'm not experienced with looking over sales and the such.  I mean I've bought from ebay sevearl times, I just don't know if I would feel comfortable being held responsible for any transactions made because of the site...

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

But I think it may be possible for an Ebay listing thread (as opposed to a section), but I'm not experienced with looking over sales and the such.  I mean I've bought from ebay sevearl times, I just don't know if I would feel comfortable being held responsible for any transactions made because of the site...

Well, the site wouldn't be able to take any blame, that would be between the eBay seller/buyer/eBay's terms of service, etc.

But whatever you think we should do. Personally, I'm for it, but if you think it'd cause less drama in the long term, let's just say "Nah." and move on.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • NNID:McMurphy
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

I have had the same request a few times on my board, and we opted not to do it. Regardless of how many times people promise that you won't be expected to regulate or even take action, they most certainly will upon a money transaction going sour. You must ask yourself if you want to be in a position of banning/removing a member, who has otherwise contributed positively, because a sale/trade mismanagement that was either linked or outright conducted on site.

gunslinger_nintendowiiu_banner2.png

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Well, the thing is, as of right now, advertising of any kind is forbidden, so if anybody even says they have something on eBay, they run the risk of being warned/banned. I still have no idea how I got my own game sales thread approved by Feld0 way back when.

Now, I think it would be a novel idea to have an eBay/Craigslist subsection in the forums where users are allowed to have one thread in the buying and selling subsections to advertise what they were offering on Craigslist/eBay. As for trading...I suppose that could be done through Craigslist, but I'm not sure how well that could be managed in the long term.

Don't advertise your website on this site outside of your signature and the designated URL field on your profile. Status updates, posts, and topics made to promote your site will be removed unless you have received express permission from the administration to advertise your site here.

It specifically says site. Why would your ebay sales be a problem, as it doesn't take people away from the forum?

I think the rule is more designed to stop people joining and saying HEY MY YOUTUBE IS SUPER COOL AND IS WII U AND LOOK MY NEW FORUM I MADE JOIN YOU DO NOW.

Though I don't think posting your youtube url is advertising, and plenty of people have done it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!