Photo

Should Nintendo stop making Mario games?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Nintendo stop making Mario games? (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Mario be retired? or put in the chest of memories?

1. Keep him (34 votes [85.00%])

Percentage of vote: 85.00%

2. make him retire atleast 2 or 3 years. (6 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

3. I'm tired of seeing him, no more Mario games. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Since everyone is taking shots at every Mario game being announced (Even the character) everyone in the internet is showing their attitude that they are growing tired of seeing Mario and comparing it to Call of Duty.................Let me repeat that again. THEY ARE COMPARING MARIO, TO CALL OF DUTY. A game character that has been in the business for over 30 years with different gameplays and made millions of childhood memories, being compared to the most laziest game series of all time which has NEVER stopped for 10 years and its only difference is the name of guns and locations.

I think Nintendo should at least give Mario a break for a year, I mean they seriously didn't need to make 2 2D games in the same year which that sparked gamers the though of Mario games being called milked. I played them and I seriously though I would stop playing Mario games, I though Super Mario 3D Land would be my last Mario game. I still stand by my statement that they should have delayed that new 3D Mario to the NES's 30th anniversary, (2015) remember in 2010 they celebrated Mario with Galaxy 2 and Super Mario All Stars Limited Edition? Like that.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

They should keep him, but just change the type of game every so often. Almost like the jump from Super Mario World  to Mario 64. Same guy but completely new game. 

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

I say keep him. I'm having fun with New Super Mario Bros. U, and would look forward to a new Mario 64 type game. Mario games make a great time-passer between Zeldas.

#4 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

lol keep him.. u can never get enough of the guy.. different types of maro games appeal to different people it doesnt mean that every mario game you have to buy

2lvmghw.png

#5 NicMDS

NicMDS

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

Appears to be frequently launched new Mario Titles because they launched Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros 2 and New Super Mario Bros U in a very short period of time. But this don't happens very often. After the Mario WiiU launch, we will not see adventure Mario games for some time, just Sports and other types of games.

So, they should keep him.

#6 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

I want them to take a 3-4 year break... That would be nice :)

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#7 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

Don't get rid of him. Simply use less of him. Just put him in a new 3D Mario game every couple of years.

Posted Image

#8 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

Every Mario platformer(save SMG2 and the NSMB series) and spin-off have each done something completely different in gameplay and have been released only once in the lifespan of each Nintendo console and handheld apparently nobody understands the definition of rehash these days.

and to answer of Should Nintendo stop making Mario games...

Spoiler

Edited by Jade Sceptile, 24 May 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#9 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

POPULAR

Let me think.

>Mario is Nintendo's mascot

>Mario is Nintendo's #1 best selling franchise

>Each new Mario title is usually quality and makes a crapton of money

No, they shouldn't stop making them, if only so the revenue for the Mario games funds other, less profitable titles.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#10 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

NO!
Mario is a very flexible franchise it can be turned into so many game genres. We've got a Mario racing, Mario party, Mario sports, Mario adventure, Mario RPG, and so much more. Mario will never get old.

Edited by GameCube, 24 May 2013 - 06:28 PM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#11 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

I feel they should cut down on the mario games but not take him out completely. I would prefer they focus on more mario galaxy/64 type games instead of a mario side-scroller/sports game. Also with the subtraction of mario games they could focus more on new ips.

or keep making mario rpgs. I just do feel that the side-scroller has gotten a bit long winded.

#12 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

gotta keep him.

But they need to update his stuff.

The mario world is old and tired to me. i do like the luigi dark moon and the paper mario is cool also.

And these things are different from the normal mario and thats what i believe they need is more stuff for him.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#13 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

They should keep him, I can't believe people are thinking it is turning into CoD, it's a pity...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#14 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

Should Disney throw away Micky Mouse?

Should BBC cancel Doctor Who?

Should residents of the diskworld move to a round blob?

Should Call of Duty throw away Master Chief and his holographic girlfriend?

If Nintendo threw away Mario, well then there goes any attachment to their games. It's be like buying cheesy third-party games with weird and forgettable characters.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#15 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

Should Disney throw away Micky Mouse?

Should BBC cancel Doctor Who?

Should residents of the diskworld move to a round blob?

Should Call of Duty throw away Master Chief and his holographic girlfriend?

If Nintendo threw away Mario, well then there goes any attachment to their games. It's be like buying cheesy third-party games with weird and forgettable characters.

Yes to all of the above..... Even if Master Chief is Halo, not CoD

#16 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

Yes to all of the above..... Even if Master Chief is Halo, not CoD

You probably never even heard of Pratchett, let alone saw the blue box.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#17 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

Hmmm should Nintendo get rid of the most recognizable character in video game history?

tumblr_inline_mn77m8b6js1qz4rgp.gif

#18 nintendoplayer1985

nintendoplayer1985

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Party, Dr.Mario, Paper Mario, Mario Baseball, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Hoops, Mario Picross etc..etc. Yeah he should take a break and only be used in his main games; side scrolling 2D, side scrolling 2 1/2 D & open world 3D. It is after all Super Mario BROTHERS.

I'm glad there will be a Super Luigi U available.

Playing M rated games doesn't make you an adult or hardcore gamer.

#19 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

Aside from the NSMB series, not a single game feels "the same". I don't see a big deal. It's not like they release a new Brosevery year (it's 3 years)
No sig.

#20 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

I honestly think Nintendo should retire a few of thier IP's for a while, bring back old IP's that havn't been used in ages and make new ones, that is a perfect way to get even more people interested in Wii U and 3DS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!