Photo

WTF is the Sega Spectrum? Sega teasing something?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

http://vr-zone.com/a...trum/32249.html

I haven't seen a discussion on here yet, so I thought I'd share it. People are interpreting it to be their new console, but uh...yeah, Sega will prob never do a console again. Either this is BS, or a new IP...I'm kinda hoping onIP cuz just the name sound cool ;)
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

I think the discussion was like 2 months ago...

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Spectrum of Colors. Sonic Colors with Blast Processing. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

I think the discussion was like 2 months ago...

I searched and couldn't find anything, plus this picture was found a day or two ago so...
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

Honestly sounds like it could be something on the mobile side, some sort of service/ subscription, app etc to bring more classic games back to life. Maybe a Sega Virtual Console.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

Topic already exists.

Signature_DK.png

#7 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

Yes, Sega will be revealing their new console after their partnership with Nintendo.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#8 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

I love SEGA :D

#9 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

I searched and couldn't find anything, plus this picture was found a day or two ago so...

I linked to this picture a week or two ago, about a month after I heard about it. It's not newwwww.

#10 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

it cant be a new console, sega doesnt have enough money for the research, and the construction of a console, it would make them go bankrupt

wa3Nq7j.png

#11 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

Sega could possibly do a physical virtual console with all downloadable SEGA titles??

#12 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

SEGA Spectrum = SEGA Origin

#13 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Not a new console. Sega talking to hardware partners would raise flags. It's probably game related, maybe some sort of online thing.

A wild possibility... Maybe Sega is helping Nintendo with their online, and its called Sega Spectrum?

Probably not BUT one can dream.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#14 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

Not a new console. Sega talking to hardware partners would raise flags. It's probably game related, maybe some sort of online thing.

A wild possibility... Maybe Sega is helping Nintendo with their online, and its called Sega Spectrum?

That would be awesome, some sort of Wii U tie in.  I think its more related to the arcade market, though.  Sega still talk to hardware partners regularly as it is, they just don't do home consoles.  They still have an arcade business.

#15 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:44 AM

That would be awesome, some sort of Wii U tie in. I think its more related to the arcade market, though. Sega still talk to hardware partners regularly as it is, they just don't do home consoles. They still have an arcade business.

I forgot about that. They do. However, I still think a leak would cone out if they were planning on coming back into the console business. But we'll see I guess!

#16 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

Maybe it's their take on the Steam Box?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#17 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

It could be a small cheapish Android console to rival Ouya, not that the Ouya needs a rival, that thing arrived belly up.

#18 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:53 AM

Call me an insane fool but this is probably either a system or a merger and heres why.

-If it was a game it wouldn't have got a weird looking logo and codename probably. Plus it has way too much suspense and mystery

-It probably ain't a social network because you have to remember what would it be for? No one can compete with Steam and a social app wouldn't make sense because what would they talk about that is so special? And why would they make something if there already is PSN or Xbox Live?

-A groundbreaking accessory wouldn't make sense because of the fact the current console giants already have theirs.

-A merger with Nintendo would seem plausible since they are making three new Sonic games for them alone. Plus their relations are pretty good.

-As for a new system perhaps they see MS and Sony shooting themselves in their feet(And yes it is likely Sony will have used game DRM) giving Sega a good chance to jump in. 

-A system is also possible due to the hip new trend of kickstarters. Plus remember how little money Nintendo had when they entered.

Let the tongue lashing of Rose begin :P

***Edit***

As for the derpy IOS rumors let me start off by saying Sega is a video game company. They would not drop their gaming priories to work on silly mobile OS based games exclusivley 

That would be awesome, some sort of Wii U tie in.  I think its more related to the arcade market, though.  Sega still talk to hardware partners regularly as it is, they just don't do home consoles.  They still have an arcade business.

Arcades died ages ago in the States.

Maybe it's their take on the Steam Box?

Read the edit I posted.

That goes in hand with my merger theory.

Why would a game be so shrouded in mystery with such an odd title. And what would the fuss be about if it was just another game?

Edited by Rose Red, 31 May 2013 - 01:48 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#19 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

Really, it took me literally 20 seconds to find it

http://thewiiu.com/t...-12th-thoughts/

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#20 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:31 AM

Call me an insane fool but this is probably either a system or a merger and heres why.
-If it was a game it wouldn't have got a weird looking logo and codename probably. Plus it has way too much suspense and mystery
-It probably ain't a social network because you have to remember what would it be for? No one can compete with Steam and a social app wouldn't make sense because what would they talk about that is so special? And why would they make something if there already is PSN or Xbox Live?
-A groundbreaking accessory wouldn't make sense because of the fact the current console giants already have theirs.
-A merger with Nintendo would seem plausible since they are making three new Sonic games for them alone. Plus their relations are pretty good.
-As for a new system perhaps they see MS and Sony shooting themselves in their feet(And yes it is likely Sony will have used game DRM) giving Sega a good chance to jump in.
-A system is also possible due to the hip new trend of kickstarters. Plus remember how little money Nintendo had when they entered.

Let the tongue lashing of Rose begin :P

***Edit***
As for the derpy IOS rumors let me start off by saying Sega is a video game company. They would not drop their gaming priories to work on silly mobile OS based games exclusivley

Arcades died ages ago in the States.

Read the edit I posted.

That goes in hand with my merger theory.

Why would a game be so shrouded in mystery with such an odd title. And what would the fuss be about if it was just another game?

Maybe the game is another Nintendo exclusive, and they want it to be a big surprise? It's hard to answer until the game is announced.

But Spectrum maybe the games name. Who knows?

I am still hoping my wild guess is correct.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!