Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

Shadow of the Eternals 'unlikely' if crowdfunding falls short, studio believes in Dyack, COO says

If successfully funded, the first episode of Shadow of the Eternals is scheduled to be released on Windows PC and Wii U in 2014. As of this writing, he Kickstarter campaign has raised $113,848 of its $1.35 million goal with 19 days remaining. Its total crowdfunding efforts have raised $271,283.

Thats really sad :( That game looked brutal

It was just the shot Nintendo gamers needed to say "Look we get hardcore exclusives too" and silence the haters

...Its time for one last push

Everyone needs to reach deep into their pockets

Filp your couch cushions for change

Donate all the money you have to this!!! Evene if that means spending your grocery or rent money!! We need this people

http://www.polygon.c...ls-short-studio

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 30 May 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

Nintendo should give em the money, publish the game exclusive for Wii U. Would be pretty good for Nintendo, could do very well as a retail game and attract more "hardcore" to the console. 

2lvmghw.png

#3 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

Nintendo should give em the money, publish the game exclusive for Wii U. Would be pretty good for Nintendo, could do very well as a retail game and attract more "hardcore" to the console. 

I doubt Nintendo would actually do that though. If only...

#4 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

If one doesn't have the money, there's not really a whole lot they can do...

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

POPULAR

People have been asking for an Eternal Darkness sequel for years, they get a spiritual successor, and nobody wants to cough up any dough.

Sad really.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

sad_face.gif
I seriously hope Nintendo revives this like they did Bayonetta 2, Not only would this game attract a few hardcore gamers but it would also help prove the Wii U isn't underpowered.

Edited by VGCrasher, 30 May 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#7 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

That sucks, I was really looking forward to this, I put down some money myself.

FmEkJ2.gif

#8 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

sad_face.gif
I seriously hope Nintendo revives this like they did Bayonetta 2, Not only would this game attract a few hardcore gamers but it would also help prove the Wii U isn't underpowered.

LOL. No.

It looks fun.

but it would in NO way prove the Wii U's power.  

Most Wanted using PC assets already proves it's not underpowered and that's just the beginning.

But SOTE uses OLD art for crying out loud.

It's NOT a next gen game.  It's just a fun one.

#9 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

Nintendo should pay for it.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#10 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Signature_DK.png

#11 Rapth

Rapth

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • NNID:BlueBerryShadow

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

I think there is another thread about this somewhere, but as I said in the other one, I knew it was unlikely the moment the kickstarter started. They got a lot of crap for having two crowdfunding campaigns at the sametime. I think this may have been the cause. People viewed them as greedy. IGN has posted an article about it.

I would have bought this game for sure, it truely is a sad day for gamers everywhere.

~I am but a Shadow Of Corruption.~

elfen_lied_signature_by_kev3136-d3e0ybo.

#12 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Nintendo should just fund it goddammit!
No sig.

#13 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

The thing is, the only people who know about this game are people who are often up to date with gaming news, Thats all! Thats what? a few 100 thousand people, probably 95% of people who played and enjoyed eternal darkness and wanted a sequal don't even know it exists. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#14 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

The thing is, the only people who know about this game are people who are often up to date with gaming news, Thats all! Thats what? a few 100 thousand people, probably 95% of people who played and enjoyed eternal darkness and wanted a sequal don't even know it exists.

A few hundred thousand sales of a Wii U title would be a highly successful game generally. But the number of people is probably less than that.

Edited by Amnesia, 30 May 2013 - 02:01 PM.

#15 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

I think there is another thread about this somewhere, but as I said in the other one, I knew it was unlikely the moment the kickstarter started. They got a lot of crap for having two crowdfunding campaigns at the sametime. I think this may have been the cause. People viewed them as greedy. IGN has posted an article about it.

I would have bought this game for sure, it truely is a sad day for gamers everywhere.

I find it ironic that a site that sells out like IGN would call someone else out on that.

Signature_DK.png

#16 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

Not seeing them gathering 1 million in such a short time.
Since this is episodic, Nintendo could just pick this up and take it as far as possible.

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

Would be sweet if Nintendo was in talks already and just waiting for the kickstarter to end to sign a deal. Then announce at E3.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#18 Rapth

Rapth

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • NNID:BlueBerryShadow

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

I find it ironic that a site that sells out like IGN would call someone else out on that.

Yes IGN is a rather sad news website, but in reality, they are the biggest, and most popular. I would argue the best though. They are biased, among other things. I typically frequent Destructoid for my multi platform news personally.

~I am but a Shadow Of Corruption.~

elfen_lied_signature_by_kev3136-d3e0ybo.

#19 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Yes IGN is a rather sad news website, but in reality, they are the biggest, and most popular. I would argue the best though. They are biased, among other things. I typically frequent Destructoid for my multi platform news personally.

IGN is way to powerful. I prefer GameFAQs(not their stupid forums though but their reviews)

Signature_DK.png

#20 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'm sorry but this game looked amazing and was a sequel many fans of Eternal Darkness wanted, Nintendo need to get this as an exclusive, they are utter stupid if they let this go.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!