Photo

What if we don't see good graphics this E3?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

I was playing MH3 and the fruit in the barrels were just painted on (even if it was just a 3DS port), but it was still fun nonetheless. I found it pretty funny though that everyone raved about its graphics (that weren't even that great) when the real killer was the gameplay.

I agree with you though I think when most people are talking about it's graphics (MH3) they are really speaking of the art style. As some mentioned, many times art style/direction goes hand and hand with graphics.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#22 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

This is 2013. Despite the year being a myth, it's expected that there is a graphical standard that's upheld in games made today accordingly to the art style.

I was at City Hunter (internet cafe) the other week and while we were all trying to figure out what game to play and Steam constantly being a wanker about it, my friend started a game called Ballistic. A rather simple concept that could work on 8-bit for all I care. But it didn't. It had stunning visualisation for something so basic.

So when something so basic in presentation look absolutely fabulous, it's a new standard. People on this forum need to stop hating on the people who expect a strong graphical display, because it's a standard now. This is why companies go out of their way for it. It's more than just art style, it's about how much effort you put into making that art style stand out. If it looks good, it sells, and that's good enough for the company behind the games.

So stop hating on such a relevant factor. To the people who keep saying you can play a game without graphics, you're blind. Literally. I've never come across so many people who can play games on audio alone.

Edited by Eren Jaegermeister, 30 May 2013 - 06:06 PM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#23 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

I would be really disappointed, because Super Mario U, Mario Kart U, and Super Smash Bros. 4 are a good majority of the games I'd ever buy the console for. I'd especially be disappointed if SSB4 didn't look good.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#24 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

I'm sorry I couldn't give a flying f**k abot graphics anymore, it's expected to be not that much of a jump anyway, games are going to be about inovation, great ideas and fun factor. So you might as well hand Activision and EA thier own shovles to bury themselves if they keep going the way they are going.

#25 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

I am going to come on here and make all sorts of complaints about it;). 

No, actually, I will be too busy trying to figure out how I will make time for all of the new games. I don't expect to be too concerned anyway. I was playing Crysis 3 maxed on 1080p the other day, and switched back to the Wii U and Sniper V2. Either I am blind or I am just not seeing a huge discrepancy. 

#26 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

I wouldn't say graphics make a game but it does make it better. So i am expecting Nintendo to showcase some nice looking games like Pikman and 101. I for one really want more of a mature game from Nintendo or really a game with a good story like xeno or last story. Cause to me its never really been graphics vs gameplay rather than gameplay vs story.

#27 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

I think people downplay graphics because of the losers who only care about "dem grafix." Honestly, it does actually enhance the experience you have with a game. Is it necessary to have great graphics? No. But they are a nice bonus.

Posted Image

#28 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Edited by Socalmuscle, 30 May 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#29 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

I think people downplay graphics because of the losers who only care about "dem grafix." Honestly, it does actually enhance the experience you have with a game. Is it necessary to have great graphics? No. But they are a nice bonus.

I agree. I have a theory as to why this matters so much to Nintendo fans. This is based solely on empirical  observation:

We want Nintendo's software and innovation, but we do not want to miss out on the innovation being brought forth on other machines. However, we only want to buy the one system. The lack of power and the userbase restricted this last gen, and Nintendo's stubbornness restricted this with the N64 and GCN (lack of online limited sales potential). So, everyone presumes we must see comparable titles or all is lost, and we will need to buy a PS4 or, God forbid, an Xbone. We could always save a gajillion dollars (joke implied) and build a PC that makes consoles irrelevant real soon after launch as well, but we do not want that either.

I will make a 'Pachter' (speaking the blatantly obvious) prediction-if Nintendo can increase their sales and third party attachment rate, they will receive optimized software. If not, the Wii U could be a Haswell CPU with a future 8990 AMD dual GPU (the 8 series does not exist yet), and developers would not bother. 

#30 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

I really don't expect to see anything that we have not seen already, iv'e seen some pretty good stuff on WiiU and it's only at the start of it's life, just wait for the devs to get to grips with it and things will look a bit better.

As above with regards to Crysis 3 or Tomb raider on pc, i have the settings maxed on those games and although they look nice it's not until you really look that they are a bit nicer then any other modern game on any console. I also don't expect ground breaking stuff from the PS4, so don't worry about E3 and the lack of whatever is shown or not shown.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#31 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:56 AM

I agree. I have a theory as to why this matters so much to Nintendo fans. This is based solely on empirical  observation:

We want Nintendo's software and innovation, but we do not want to miss out on the innovation being brought forth on other machines. However, we only want to buy the one system. The lack of power and the userbase restricted this last gen, and Nintendo's stubbornness restricted this with the N64 and GCN (lack of online limited sales potential). So, everyone presumes we must see comparable titles or all is lost, and we will need to buy a PS4 or, God forbid, an Xbone. We could always save a gajillion dollars (joke implied) and build a PC that makes consoles irrelevant real soon after launch as well, but we do not want that either.

I will make a 'Pachter' (speaking the blatantly obvious) prediction-if Nintendo can increase their sales and third party attachment rate, they will receive optimized software. If not, the Wii U could be a Haswell CPU with a future 8990 AMD dual GPU (the 8 series does not exist yet), and developers would not bother. 

As much as I wish I had a gaming PC I will never have the cash. I really want to get a PS4 but the DRM rumor scares me.

Signature_DK.png

#32 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

As much as I wish I had a gaming PC I will never have the cash. I really want to get a PS4 but the DRM rumor scares me.

Considering you could you buy a decent Gaming PC made for you for roughly one-hundred dollars more the cost of the PS4, this is futile excuse. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#33 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

Considering you could you buy a decent Gaming PC made for you for roughly one-hundred dollars more the cost of the PS4, this is futile excuse. 

I'm not getting a PS4 on launch most likely due to high price.

Signature_DK.png

#34 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

I'm not getting a PS4 on launch most likely due to high price.

The PS4 isn't going to be a high price, it's going to be 450 at the most, 100 more than the Wii U. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#35 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:28 AM

The PS4 isn't going to be a high price, it's going to be 450 at the most, 100 more than the Wii U. 

I will get a PS4 if the DRM rumors are fake.

Signature_DK.png

#36 Mara

Mara

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    DC Comics, One Piece, Monster Hunter

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:39 AM

My PC is pretty decent for gaming and it cost me less than the Wii U.

tumblr_mnhpywxuMx1ryr1z3o1_250.gif

#37 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:53 AM

You would make it up in Steam sales. The wild card is the next gen, and what those requirements will be.

For example, a core 2 duo and Radeon 2900xt should run everything thing the 360 has better than it does. However, it does not work out like that. My and 8350 and 2x 7970s should crush next gen, but it will be minimum requirements at gens end if I am lucky. The consoles do have some advantages, too.

#38 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:01 AM

Graphics doesn't make the game, Fun + good Story & Gameplay  does

#39 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

Graphics doesn't make the game, Fun + good Story & Gameplay  does

And I (personally, at least) really didn't see a lot of that with the Wii, either. So Nintendo has a lot to prove to me with the Wii U.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#40 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

And I (personally, at least) really didn't see a lot of that with the Wii, either. So Nintendo has a lot to prove to me with the Wii U.

ur missing out then, alot of great games on the wii, the wii u is still new just wait after E3 but again if u just want good graphics then i don't see a point of playing the games 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!