Photo

Cosplayers: A way to dress as a fan favorite or a way to sexually attract?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

Cosplays are fun to dress up as your favorite character, but 70% of the time, you always see female cosplayers half naked and every geek around her wants to take pictures and want to touch her, this is why i really don't go to conventions because I'm a really sensitive guy when it comes to women exposing too much skin, i get shy, blushy and nervous. And.....Can really make guys have their 'growing area' rise.

You know the common thousand Yoko cosplayers, Rikku from FFX-2, that famous Cammy cosplayer that every female wants to cosplay after seeing her, bikini top Nami, DOA girls, Poison from SF, (Mostly girls instead of the guy joke) Tifas from FF7, Inori cosplays which is slowly growing more popular just because of her sexual red outfit, even bikini cosplays make it into conventions. I mean I really think that these girls are just in for the sexual attraction instead of cosplaying their favorites. Even guys do that.......Rarely though. I remember this huge Yoko fangirl, she cosplays every outfit she wears in that modeling episode of Gurren Laggan, even the black star lingerie yoko wears for 5 seconds. I guess its okay but then I found one when she cosplays her with her bra and panties in public.....with a small fur coat.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

It depends on the cosplayer. Different ones have different motives.

Signature_DK.png

#3 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

I think you need to show a few examples.... Just kidding I'n not that guy. But it is the girls who choose to dress like that, it's not like anyone is forcing them to. 

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

B)

Edited by Eren Jaegermeister, 30 May 2013 - 03:45 PM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 Viridi

Viridi

Goddess of Nature

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

I don't think that's the intention most of the time...it just so happens that a good number of anime/video game females are made to be suggestive, and in order for an accurate portrayal, that has to be reflected in the cosplayer's outfit.

Then again, I can't really complain, eheh...  :blush:

5pjF3yM.png?1?7338

"Nice shot if I do say so myself! Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off without you!"

#6 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

._.

wat

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#7 Rapth

Rapth

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • NNID:BlueBerryShadow

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

I agree with the OP.

There is a difference between being apicrot, and being attractive. I love Elfen Lied. The cutest outfit is the black dress with a shirt underneath. If I were to dress as her, I would choose that one. But for some reason, people only know of when she is wrapped in rags, covrring her areas. Like, god, get real, wtf.

Edited by Rapth, 30 May 2013 - 06:07 PM.

~I am but a Shadow Of Corruption.~

elfen_lied_signature_by_kev3136-d3e0ybo.

#8 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'm not complaining either way ;) iv never been to a convention but I know that I wouldn't drool over them, I'd just enjoy the view as I go and check out all the anime stuff. Not by staring like a perv tho lol

#9 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

People can dress however they want, whether it is for attention or if they like it and like to pay homage to the character.  I don't care if it's revealing or not, it's up to you to restrain yourself.  People have willpower and aren't animals, so my usual answer is either suck it up or leave, and don't take advantage of the cosplayer or you're garbage.

Doesn't mean I like the weeaboo behavior of cosplaying in public.  Cosplaying in public throws everything out and you insult them not how revealing the costume is, but because they're wearing a damn costume in public.  It's the idea of the principle behind it, not what you're wearing.

#10 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

._.
wat

Spoiler

:3

#11 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

I don't think that's the intention most of the time...it just so happens that a good number of anime/video game females are made to be suggestive, and in order for an accurate portrayal, that has to be reflected in the cosplayer's outfit.

Then again, I can't really complain, eheh...  :blush:

I have to agree with you. Almost 90% of female characters are half naked or their bust is always spilling over. Also I can't complain either.

#12 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

People can dress however they want, whether it is for attention or if they like it and like to pay homage to the character.  I don't care if it's revealing or not, it's up to you to restrain yourself.  People have willpower and aren't animals, so my usual answer is either suck it up or leave, and don't take advantage of the cosplayer or you're garbage.

Doesn't mean I like the weeaboo behavior of cosplaying in public.  Cosplaying in public throws everything out and you insult them not how revealing the costume is, but because they're wearing a damn costume in public.  It's the idea of the principle behind it, not what you're wearing.

I dress in woman's shirts in public because it's me. I however won't wear a dress in public for that would be taking it too far.

Signature_DK.png

#13 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

I dress in woman's shirts in public because it's me. I however won't wear a dress in public for that would be taking it too far.

But you're not "cosplaying", though, that's the difference.  It's the idea behind it; it isn't really a socially acceptable idea to pretend you're a fictional character in public, compared to wearing a dress in public (which is a completely different idea, which some people are opposed to for no real reason).

#14 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

I don't think that doing revealing cosplaying is bad, if that is what the specific character is wearing and you know you can pull it off then go for it. To do it just for the sexual attention is another matter altogether and it shouldn't be done with those things in mind.

I don't agree with this. What's wrong about wearing a costume in public? It's not bad, you aren't bugging anybody by doing it. It's just for enjoyment.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#15 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

I don't think that doing revealing cosplaying is bad, if that is what the specific character is wearing and you know you can pull it off then go for it. To do it just for the sexual attention is another matter altogether and it shouldn't be done with those things in mind.

I don't agree with this. What's wrong about wearing a costume in public? It's not bad, you aren't bugging anybody by doing it. It's just for enjoyment.

It's just the principle around it, or it may just be me sick with a few internet groups. 

In other words, I hate it when people dress up as homestuck for no reason (and other things constantly).

#16 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

It's just the principle around it, or it may just be me sick with a few internet groups. 

In other words, I hate it when people dress up as homestuck for no reason (and other things constantly).

I guess I can see what you're getting at. In NY things like that are the norm, not the cosplaying part though. I guess I am just conditioned to it is all.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

But that's the best part about cosplay! You don't see half naked women walking around everyday...

#18 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

But that's the best part about cosplay! You don't see half naked women walking around everyday...

(Shields my eyes)

Edited by Rose Red, 01 June 2013 - 02:42 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#19 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

It's both.

#20 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

Spoiler

:3

One of the reasons why I love cosplay :D
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!