#1 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

I just thought of something. People want other games on their consoles all the time. You would think that someone would have learned

how to Port games to the consoles they want them on by now. It doesnt even have to be a true port just a version of the game that would run on lets say the wii u. Even something as simple as making pokemon play on the gamepad. Is this really unfeasable to do?

Example:Bioshock Infinite getting ported to wii u.

If someone did this or managed to get a team of Porters what games would you want??

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Illegal much?  :blink:

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

Considering how a game is designed with a specific CPU architecture in mind, porting it isn't just a simple drag-and-drop.

Of course I don't know much about porting games, so let's hope routerbad or 3dude reads this thread.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#4 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

Uh, that would be illegal, but you know these devs they love porting 1 or 2 yearold games to Wii U.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

Uh, that would be illegal, but you know these devs they love porting 1 or 2 yearold games to Wii U.

bad ports should be illegal too LOL  :laugh:

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

Think of it as emulating and not porting would that make a difference? 

#7 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

Well, no duh it's illegal guys...

#8 Luca

Luca

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

Porting requires a LOT of work... First of all, if you're saying that people besides the developers should port the games, you're way wrong. They do not have the source code of these games, and therefore will not be able to port this way. And if the developers were to do it, they'd have to change each function, code, etc to fit the consoles needs. Every console has a different Dev kit, different hardware, different capabilities. It's not at all simple and cannot be done by anyone besides the developers. 

#9 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

Unless it's the dev it would be copyright infringement if they distributed it. 

bad ports should be illegal too LOL  :laugh:

Capcom anyone?

Signature_DK.png

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

I understand this would be illegal and I would never do it, I probably wouldn't even know where to start, but I do find it genuinly interesting and I wonder if you had the right know-how would it actually be possible to get an Xbox 360 game running on a Wii U yourself? I know to port games it usually takes a team of developers so on your own it would probably take so long it just wouldn't be worth it but wow! Actually OP this is a very good question, makes you wonder........

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

Think of it as emulating and not porting would that make a difference? 

Big difference. Emulating means you're pretending to be a completely different platform. My laptop with an i5 and Nvidia 620M can barely play GameCube games, and that's with a bit of tweaking. If you're emulation then you must be WAY more powerful then the system you're emulating, like twice or more.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!