Photo

Rumor: 3DS to receive a redesign and a new name starting in 2012.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Rumor: 3DS to receive a redesign and a new name starting in 2012. (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this is a good idea?

1. Yes. (3 votes [10.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

2. Heck NO! (25 votes [89.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 89.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

I don't get your logic.

Ditto.

@NinjaShock: If you want one of those, go get a PSVita, and a Pita to go with your PSVita. And judging from the PSP to DS war, it would seem to me people want two screens.

Edited by Gamecollector44, 23 August 2011 - 01:51 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#22 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 11:59 PM.

#23 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

I am getting a PS Vita, in fact I'm selling my 3DS for it. The PSP and DS "war" is irrelivent, more people bought a DS because it was cheaper and at the time Nintendo's competition didn't have a touch screen. Just giving my opinion :D

So, why are you selling your 3DS already? It seems not good to do so seeing the current line-up of games coming over the next few months...

Edited by Gamecollector44, 23 August 2011 - 02:01 PM.

GameZombie44.png

#24 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:11 PM

Heck no and it's highly unlikely to already talk about a re-design just a year after the 3DS was released.

I don't think many people would buy a re-design as they just think that Nintendo will lose another one.

(I honestly think that people like me would lose fate in Nintendo if they did that or at least I would...)

#25 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:13 PM

And, ha-ho-ha. http://nintendo3dsbl...and-speculation Please dismiss anything o1net has said.

GameZombie44.png

#26 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

And, ha-ho-ha. http://nintendo3dsbl...and-speculation Please dismiss anything o1net has said.

Uh... Nintendo didn't confirm or deny the rumours. The article was a little misleading - check the original source and you'll see that Nintendo issued their standard "we do not comment on rumours and speculation" response. That's also what they said about Project Cafe's touchscreen controller.

#27 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:21 PM

Uh... Nintendo didn't confirm or deny the rumours. The article was a little misleading - check the original source and you'll see that Nintendo issued their standard "we do not comment on rumours and speculation" response. That's also what they said about Project Cafe's touchscreen controller.

Still, just because o1net has gotten a couple things right in the past doesn't mean that they're gonna be right all the time. Besides, a redesign now would be commercial suicide. :/

GameZombie44.png

#28 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

Still, just because o1net has gotten a couple things right in the past doesn't mean that they're gonna be right all the time. Besides, a redesign now would be commercial suicide. :/

I know, but I just wanted to point out that the rumour has not been debunked yet, as the article on Nintendo 3DS Blog might lead you to believe.

#29 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:23 PM

I know, but I just wanted to point out that the rumour has not been debunked yet, as the article on Nintendo 3DS Blog might lead you to believe.

I personally just don't see it happening. And I will agree that that article is misleading, but still...it makes no sense. The only thing that even made sense was the adding another slide pad, but even then, it doesn't seem worth it to do a redesign now.

GameZombie44.png

#30 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 11:59 PM.

#31 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:52 PM

I'm selling it for the Vita because I don't care much about any of the upcoming games, and I don't think the 3DS is the system for me. I also don't appreciate being called not good, and using that word as an insult could be offensive to people who actually are mentally disabled or know someone who is.

I never called you not good, I called the decision not good, given the current line up. Now that you've given a unobjectionable statement, I shall leave ya alone on the subject, and apologize for the confusion. :P

Edited by Gamecollector44, 23 August 2011 - 02:54 PM.

GameZombie44.png

#32 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

Nintendo.

Y U NO DENY THIS?!

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#33 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:10 PM

Nintendo.

Y U NO DENY THIS?!

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/nintendo-dismisses-3ds-redesign-as-rumors-and-speculation

Technically, they have written it off as "rumors and speculation", but that still isn't downright denying it. I wouldn't put much stock in this rumor, as it just seems like something that would be a bad decision all around. Nintendo should (hopefully) know that.
Posted Image

#34 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:24 PM

http://nintendo3dsbl...and-speculation

Technically, they have written it off as "rumors and speculation", but that still isn't downright denying it. I wouldn't put much stock in this rumor, as it just seems like something that would be a bad decision all around. Nintendo should (hopefully) know that.

I think the general rule should be this..."Don't take any news seriously from anybody unless it's confirmed by Nintendo themselves."

GameZombie44.png

#35 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:21 PM

I think the general rule should be this..."Don't take any news seriously from anybody unless it's confirmed by Nintendo themselves."

Sounds good to me.
Posted Image

#36 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:25 PM

If this happens, I'll feel like the most rip-offed person in the world. Never mind... thinking of the guys in Haiti....
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#37 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:21 PM

If this happens, I'll feel like the most rip-offed person in the world. Never mind... thinking of the guys in Haiti....

... I still feel sorry for them...

#38 Makar

Makar

Grand Curator of Random Facts

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pikmin, Tales of..

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

To be honest I would love nintendo for doing this, and I hope they do although I don't think they will.

The 3DS has not really become a game system everyone wishes they have and nintendo's marketing hasn't helped it. People look at me in school when I play my 3DS and say "So you got one of them new DSes?" I think they need to release a new version dropping the 3D and DS branding.
Posted Image

#39 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

To be honest I would love nintendo for doing this, and I hope they do although I don't think they will.

The 3DS has not really become a game system everyone wishes they have and nintendo's marketing hasn't helped it. People look at me in school when I play my 3DS and say "So you got one of them new DSes?" I think they need to release a new version dropping the 3D and DS branding.

You're somewhat right.
I've been asked by people if thats a new DS, something most people seem to think. However, to Drop the 3D and the DS branding would be suicide. Most of Nintendo's buyers are children, and most don't remember any nintendo system before the DS. For them, the DS is my generation's GBC/GBA. plus, dropping a feature like 3D wouldn't really help them out that much. Because some developers would still make new 3DS and would be forced to chose between to add a 3D or not to.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#40 Makar

Makar

Grand Curator of Random Facts

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pikmin, Tales of..

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:50 PM

You're somewhat right.
I've been asked by people if thats a new DS, something most people seem to think. However, to Drop the 3D and the DS branding would be suicide. Most of Nintendo's buyers are children, and most don't remember any nintendo system before the DS. For them, the DS is my generation's GBC/GBA. plus, dropping a feature like 3D wouldn't really help them out that much. Because some developers would still make new 3DS and would be forced to chose between to add a 3D or not to.

You make a good point, I didn't mean completely drop the '3D' branding though, what I should have said typed was don't make your marketing campaign revolve around something that's marmite. (It's a 'British' term meaning some people love it, some people hate it.)
I understand that most of nintendo's marketing is aimed at children but it is children who are thinking it's a new DS. I feel it would be better to drop the 'DS' branding but focus on the 'Nintendo' branding because in my opinion most children know that the DS is really the Nintendo DS. With this I feel Nintendo could still appeal to the core children market who will be wishing for a 3DS from santa but still also appeal to the 'HARDCORE' market (Even though to be honest the term 'Hardcore' has lost it meaning these days and has become a marketing ploy).

Edited by Makar, 27 August 2011 - 04:52 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!