Photo

Rumor: 3DS to receive a redesign and a new name starting in 2012.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Rumor: 3DS to receive a redesign and a new name starting in 2012. (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this is a good idea?

1. Yes. (3 votes [10.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

2. Heck NO! (25 votes [89.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 89.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Merchiodos

Merchiodos

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Fandom:
    LINK <3

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:10 PM

If this is true, Nintendo should hold it for couple of years. Make the 3DS get used to the customers. Then later like 2014 or later release the new 3DS so people will enjoy something new. Instead of release it next year and making all the customers who bought 3DS like "then that just a waste of money" and when Nintendo will release it in a couple of years. They can make it like the DSi did for the DSLite

Edited by Merchiodos, 25 October 2011 - 05:28 PM.

Posted Image

If only Link was real <3

#42 SuperDarkecho

SuperDarkecho

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:45 AM

No i would no like this to happen until maybe like 2 years into th 3DS's life cycle maybe

#43 martoparto

martoparto

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, SMT and Pokemon

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:05 AM

I don't think they'll release a new 3ds until 2013.
This would suck so hard if it's true...

Posted Image

No! I didn't know the results!! Oh well...

#44 Katana

Katana

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart 7.

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:18 AM

I think Nintendo should have called the 3DS something different so there was no confusion but it is what it is.
Also I can't really see where handhelds go from here,3DS has motion control,touch screen,analog,digital,more powerful than DS,3D screen,and you have to ask yourself what other feature can they invent or incorporate? What more can you do with a handheld?
I don't think a re-design will come out soon either (but one will be in the works,its the Nintendo way) but they are too busy trying to establish the current 3DS and will wan't to avoid causing more confusion with another 3DS on the market.
It was a bad launch,high price,confusion over its name,no games etc.But look at the games coming out over the next 6 months...lots of AAA titles and 3DS owners will be spolit for choice for software.
I don't really see anything progressive with other companies handhelds,they seem more of the same but more powerful and a few bells and whistles.
The fact of the matter is when it comes to handhelds Nintendo can't be beat...thats fact not fanboy talk and I don't see the status quo changing this generation.
Posted Image
Want to race me...??? Just ask for an add...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!