Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

It's not even a bad name. I'm sick of all this political correctness and "think about the kids" bs. They will learn about these things in school anyway and if they are old enough to be using social networking (and arguably the Internet in general) unsupervised then they are old enough to know about sex.

#22 Xerocks

Xerocks

Red Koopa Troopa

• Validating
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Deadly Premonition

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

It's not even a bad name. I'm sick of all this political correctness and "think about the kids" bs. They will learn about these things in school anyway and if they are old enough to be using social networking (and arguably the Internet in general) unsupervised then they are old enough to know about sex.

Not so sure I agree with everything you said here.

- Physical media forever!

#23 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

Someone with STDs might get offended, so that's why they told you change it.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#24 Xerocks

Xerocks

Red Koopa Troopa

• Validating
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Deadly Premonition

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

I'm offended by your username "Rod." Makes me think inappropriate thoughts that I don't appreciate. I think you should change it.

- Physical media forever!

#25 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

u started ur topic 3-4 hours ago, did u called them? The verdict matters most.

#26 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

I got a email saying my user ID was inappropriate so the ID was blocked for other users to see. This was 2 weeks after having it ID was STDVirus! I have used this as my ID since the first xbox came out and i played Halo. I basically ignored it since i didn't care other people couldn't view it from MiiVerse. 2 days later i get another one saying i need to change it or i'll be banned from MiiVerse completely. The only way to do this is to delete the screen name or keep it and make a new one. So i said to myself i'll just delete it and make a new one, so i did. Since i did that i lost all my game data most important to me was black ops 2 was at lvl 50 now had to start again. The worse thing that facilitates me off is all the games i bought from the eshop now i can't play because the user ID doesn't match because i deleted it because i couldn't use it at MiiVerse. So apparently im out all the money i paid for these games! That's F'd up!  :angry:

Thanks Nintendo!

I don't disagree with Nintendo's stance on your username.

But you should contact them about the investment you lost.

#27 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

Not trying to be mean, but it was your fault for having an innopropiate ID like that... 

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#28 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

STD Virus?????? Ew stay away from me dude LMFO joke :P bit of a wierd name though eh?

#29 MiiVirus

MiiVirus

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

STD Virus?????? Ew stay away from me dude LMFO joke :P bit of a wierd name though eh?

lol it actually started out as (STD) as the clan name then we put our name on the other side for (Halo) mine was Virus so the name just stuck with me through out all my accounts. I can see some ppl saying thats dumb but for ppl to blow it out of proportion making a big deal out of it i think thats silly.  There's no profanity like i've seen in the past, it's just a screen name.

u started ur topic 3-4 hours ago, did u called them? The verdict matters most.

Not yet i will today though and post what they say. I been away from home so haven't had the chance. Hopefully they make a way to just change the ID name for the future. Didn't know this many people would comment about it i guess i was just venting but yeah this i can see being a problem in the future for other's.

Edited by STD Virus, 05 June 2013 - 11:32 AM.

#30 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

lol it actually started out as (STD) as the clan name then we put our name on the other side for (Halo) mine was Virus so the name just stuck with me through out all my accounts. I can see some ppl saying thats dumb but for ppl to blow it out of proportion making a big deal out of it i think thats silly.  There's no profanity like i've seen in the past, it's just a screen name.

BEST EXPLINATION OF A SCREEN NAME EVARRRRRRRRRR!!!!

#31 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

If I said I was blind would you be offended? 

Not yet i will today though and post what they say. I been away from home so haven't had the chance. Hopefully they make a way to just change the ID name for the future. Didn't know this many people would comment about it i guess i was just venting but yeah this i can see being a problem in the future for other's.

Be sure to do so. Perhaps something can be worked out.

Signature_DK.png

#32 MiiVirus

MiiVirus

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

I can understand that I was more mad that i lost all my data and game rights that i bought!

#33 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

Am I the only one happy to hear that Nintendo is against using the term YOLO?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#34 MiiVirus

MiiVirus

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

I'm looking on the Nintendo site is there a actual number i can call? 

#35 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

1-800-255-3700

http://www.nintendo....orp/contact.jsp

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#36 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

I can understand that I was more mad that i lost all my data and game rights that i bought!

I find it rude that Nintendo will delete all of your data just because they found your Miiverse name questionable. Now that's beyond trolling.

Signature_DK.png

#37 MiiVirus

MiiVirus

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

Ok so i called and i agree really great customer service prob one of the best i've seen BUT there was nothing they could do. Apparently when you buy a game all the licences are to that screen name only and they can't be transferred to another screen name even on the same console. And just a FYI if you delete your ID all the saved data on your console goes with it automatically! Even on there end they can't change the ID name. So basically i was screwed lol 

#38 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

Ok so i called and i agree really great customer service prob one of the best i've seen BUT there was nothing they could do. Apparently when you buy a game all the licences are to that screen name only and they can't be transferred to another screen name even on the same console. And just a FYI if you delete your ID all the saved data on your console goes with it automatically! Even on there end they can't change the ID name. So basically i was screwed lol 

Now that's getting screwed over. At least you know to watch your conduct now and thank goodness you didn't have years of data.

Signature_DK.png

#39 MiiVirus

MiiVirus

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

Now that's getting screwed over. At least you know to watch your conduct now and thank goodness you didn't have years of data.

Yeah i honestly didn't think the screen name would have a issue. But i hope my call at least made them aware of the problem with not being able to change a screen name even on there end. And yeah it sucks losing the game licences and all my data but hopefully this kind of thing will be fixed for the future gamers. Just a bummer it took them so long to say Hay that's not ok lol.

#40 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

they could rename it for u... They asked u to do it, u should ask ur purchases... not ur saved data though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!