#42 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

Why was your clan name STD does it stand for something else to you?

like Steve Tom and David? 

#43 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

On my Wii U I have my old account dedicated solely for eShop. It's password protected and has a little old Mii called Books. I have my primary account that's solely for gameplay.

I do hope they get their act together and improve their Nintendo ID system though.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#44 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

Someone with STDs might get offended, so that's why they told you change it.

lol, totally this. as for Ba**toucher, well, I'm offended by that. . .oh...wait. . .

#45 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

lol, totally this. as for Ba**toucher, well, I'm offended by that. . .oh...wait. . .

Oh wait cause you don't have any?

#46 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • NNID:McMurphy
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

I got a email saying my user ID was inappropriate so the ID was blocked for other users to see. This was 2 weeks after having it ID was STDVirus!

Really? Are you really that surprised that it was deleted? I mean, why did you pick it in the first place? Was it because it was controversial, or was it because of personal status?

I applaud Nintendo and its foresight to know that the parent of their ten year old shouldn't see a message left in the Super Mario Bros U progress Miiverse feature by a "STDVirus."

Edited by McMurphy, 05 June 2013 - 10:30 PM.

gunslinger_nintendowiiu_banner2.png

#47 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

Still trying to figure out his drug of choice.

He actually didn't do drugs, at the time there was a bit of political friction going on and right before he was going to sing the song (live) there was a change in government that rendered the song inappropriate, so he had to wing it with different words. Apparently trololololol was the first word that came into his mind...

The more you know.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#48 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:23 AM

Your downloaded games should be in the internal (or external) storage; they should still be playable, just that your saves will be gone.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#49 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

DexterousGecko, on 06 Jun 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:lol, totally this. as for Ba**toucher, well, I'm offended by that. . .oh...wait. . .
If you had STDs, and someone made fun of it, you're likely to get offended.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#50 ManchesterBlack

ManchesterBlack

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • NNID:ManchesterBlack
  • Fandom:
    All of Nintendo's series

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:38 AM

Excuse my rudeness earlier. I was stressed out at this one guy who kept patronizing me. Miiverse is way too strict. Someone got a post removed for saying YOLO.

Nintendo is seriously being like one of those mom's who dont let there kids watch PG-13 action movies, If the game is rated M allow M Rated language to be used in the miiverse community!

OT: Your name was not bad but I can see why Momtendo blocked it for you.

#51 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

Your downloaded games should be in the internal (or external) storage; they should still be playable, just that your saves will be gone.

Not on the Wii U. On it if the account that the game was purchased with is deleted, the game becomes disabled.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#52 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

Your name was STDVirus. Literally sounds like a virus for STD. Don't think we want kids seeing that name flying everywhere on miiverse! 

No kid is going to know what STD means and they're not going to randomly start saying STD either. Besides it's not like STD is a curse word, knowing about them won't hurt any kids. In fact kids should know about them.

Really? Are you really that surprised that it was deleted? I mean, why did you pick it in the first place? Was it because it was controversial, or was it because of personal status?

I applaud Nintendo and its foresight to know that the parent of their ten year old shouldn't see a message left in the Super Mario Bros U progress Miiverse feature by a "STDVirus."

You clearly didn't read the rest of the post

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#53 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:04 AM

Not on the Wii U. On it if the account that the game was purchased with is deleted, the game becomes disabled.

Really? I remember in a Nintendo Direct a while back when Nintendo explained how digital purchases would work, they said that all profiles would be able to play it, just with different saves.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#54 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

Really? I remember in a Nintendo Direct a while back when Nintendo explained how digital purchases would work, they said that all profiles would be able to play it, just with different saves.

Yes, but the license to the game is still held by the profile that purchased it.

#55 MiiVirus

MiiVirus

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

yeah i couldnt play them on the new id name. and even on there end the id couldnt be changed.

#56 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

Yes, but the license to the game is still held by the profile that purchased it.

Oh, well that's stupid.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#57 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

Yeah, it kinda is.

I'd even prefer it if the licenses were tied to the console and you had to use something like the wii transfer utility to move to a new console (or send it to nintendo if it is broken)

#58 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • NNID:wombateer
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

What about a message left in Super Mario Bros U Miiverse by Dead Bunny? Is that not questionable. "Look mummy Dead Bunny..."  

Edited by wombateer, 06 June 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#59 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

I am glad they made you change that name. Wouldn't want a little kid asking me what STDVirus means. Grow up (or maybe I mean "grow down" and just pick a name that's not gross)

Edited by kokirii, 09 June 2013 - 09:42 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#60 Indyrams

Indyrams

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'm going to side with Nintendo on this.

Your name was "STD Virus"

Of course they are going to think you mean the sexual disease!

And explaining to them that it isn't won't help, because you would have to explain it to everyone on MiiVerse who has seen it.

I think maybe Nintendo is a little too strict with PG rated content persay, or PG-13, but I do think that username was too much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!