Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

Forza Motorsport 5 will run at 60 frames per second, Microsoft Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer has told Edge magazine.

Confirmation of the smooth frame rate will come as a great relief to series fans who have been left wondering since the game's announcement last month.

Official word came as the Microsoft Studios chief revealed there will be no minimum performance requirements (such as resolution or frame rate) set for games released on Xbox One.

"There were games that shipped on 360 that were less than 720p," said Spencer. "It's important we give creators the best tools to create the best experience possible and I don't think that platform holders can dictate what the internal frame buffer size should be.

"Forza 5 runs at 60 frames per second, but other people will make different trade-offs. I think it's important - maybe because I'm a studio guy - that you give freedom to the creator because today, through lighting techniques and post effects, resolution is not the thing that maximises beauty."

Spencer concluded: "Some of the most beautiful games of this generation are not dictated by how many pixels they're pushing to the screen. Motion blur, antialiasing, lighting: all of these things come into play. We just give developers the tools and let them make the right creative decisions."

http://www.videogame..._microsoft.html

I don't know what to make of this but, I'm assuming it'll be 720p and 60FPS. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

Not much frame rate difference against many current gen games.

Signature_DK.png

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

Not much frame rate difference against many current gen games.

I agree.

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

Most current gen games run at 540p or 1080i 30fps, so there is a difference. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

I agree.

Yep. Not OP considering some High End PC games can run much higher. I'm not a graphics guru but that's general knowledge.

Most current gen games run at 540p or 1080i 30fps, so there is a difference. 

My point is there are some that already do though. And there are even PC games that run at 120 FPS with a beast processing unit.

Signature_DK.png

#6 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

My point is there are some that already do though. And there are even PC games that run at 120 FPS with a beast processing unit.

Remember the price range of some of these overclocked processors.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#7 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Remember the price range of some of these overclocked processors.

I actually have that in consideration. I was trying to prove 60fps ain't godlike.

Signature_DK.png

#8 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

I actually have that in consideration. I was trying to prove 60fps ain't godlike.

Okay, but the point I want to prove is that while 60fps isn't anything too special, remember what the XBox ONE is supposed to be: a budget PC. (One might say an overglorified cable box but that's neither here nor there.)

60fps, for consoles, is a really good frame rate. Sure, PC's can run twice, even three times that, but for a console to run 60fps at half or a third of the price of a normal or overclocked PC is quite good. 

ecmB6v9.gif

#9 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

LOL Forza. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Pretty cool, but still a solid NO from me.

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

Yep. Not OP considering some High End PC games can run much higher. I'm not a graphics guru but that's general knowledge.

Keyword "some'. Some games do, and not very good. If the Wii U/Xbone/PS4 can run 720 60FPS smoothly without trouble, then it's as good as its going to get.Consoles are essentially meant to be kept within in a budget range. 

#12 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

Okay, but the point I want to prove is that while 60fps isn't anything too special, remember what the XBox ONE is supposed to be: a budget PC. (One might say an overglorified cable box but that's neither here nor there.)

60fps, for consoles, is a really good frame rate. Sure, PC's can run twice, even three times that, but for a console to run 60fps at half or a third of the price of a normal or overclocked PC is quite good. 

I'm not saying it's bad by any means. I'm just saying it isn't OP.

Keyword "some'. Some games do, and not very good. If the Wii U/Xbone/PS4 can run 720 60FPS smoothly without trouble, then it's as good as its going to get.Consoles are essentially meant to be kept within in a budget range. 

What I just told Trite.

Signature_DK.png

#13 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

I'm not saying it's bad by any means. I'm just saying it isn't OP.

But you were comparing console performance to a PC's performance. And as everyone knows, the former will never outperform the latter.

Hence, it's kind of meaningless to compare console performance to a PC's performance.

ecmB6v9.gif

#14 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

In better news, A Link to the Past 2 will run at 60fps, with 3D on.

Bring the noise.

#15 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

In better news, A Link to the Past 2 will run at 60fps, with 3D on.

Woah! that game requires tons of power.

#16 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

Woah! that game requires tons of power.

It's still impressive for a handheld, to run 3D, and at 60 frames per second.

#17 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

isn't like 60 fps the speed of what humans consider real? I saw this high fps movie and it was weird, looked TOO smooth. anywhere between 30 to 60 is just fine with me.

• Xef likes this

#18 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

Yeah why would I need 200 FPS if my eyes can't even comprehend it?

#19 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

60FPS' is not the limit of the human eye, it's just that our eyes weren't designed to see things at a fixed FPS' like video games are. Our eyes cheat with blurring.

Also, TV screens are locked at 60FPS', so even if they sent 120FPS' to the TV, you wouldn't notice any difference because your TV would still be displaying 60FPS'.

On topic: I don't think there's anything surprising here. It just means they built the game around 1080p and 60FPS'

Edited by Molester Man, 06 June 2013 - 07:48 AM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#20 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Can anyone else tell the difference between 720p and 1080p? I can. 720p looks blurrier. Here's to hoping that this game is 1080p as well.

Edited by Amnesia, 06 June 2013 - 08:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!