• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

http://m.neogaf.com/...ad.php?t=579080

Yep it is what it is at this point.

Edited by GAMER1984, 06 June 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#2 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

If this happens for 2015 ima buy another 8th gen console

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

Who actually bought the last one on Wii U? It seemed to have some bad sales...

#4 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

No sports sims at all this year.

#5 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

Well for one, I am disappointed, because i truly planned to but it on wii-u this year over ps3.

2. surprised at TakeTwo giving an "EA type answer"

3. once they see that XBOX1 and PS4 will not sell as well as they think its going to, they'll be right back next year with 2k15, the Wii-u is going to outsell all consoles this holiday season, current and next gen.

#6 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

2K is only mad because 2K13 didn't sell. Perhaps if we had a decent amount of games at the time and the port wasn't crap and had effort put into it?!?

Well for one, I am disappointed, because i truly planned to but it on wii-u this year over ps3.

2. surprised at TakeTwo giving an "EA type answer"

3. once they see that XBOX1 and PS4 will not sell as well as they think its going to, they'll be right back next year with 2k15, the Wii-u is going to outsell all consoles this holiday season, current and next gen.

2.Not me. I saw how the 2K13 port was crap and how they would get butthurt and compalin despite the fact the devs were slacking off.

3.The Xbox One will most likely tank. As for the PS4 it will sell but probably slower than Sony has before. Nintendo is well on their way to receive many 1st part blockbusters making the Wii U a hot topic causing devs to flock back over.

Signature_DK.png

#7 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

It seems like the whole sports army is firing their big guns at Nintendo.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#8 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

This is a bad thing. There is not anything that can be said to justify sports games leaving the console as a positive.

I do not understand why Nintendo does not work something out with the publishers of these games, even if it involves waiving royalties and licensing past a certain sales volume.

I guess Nintendo knows people will buy a Wii U and a PS4, so they do not really care. That is, if they want to play Nintendo games that is.

I wonder how long this 'secondary' console thing can possibly work?

#9 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

This is a bad thing. There is not anything that can be said to justify sports games leaving the console as a positive.
I do not understand why Nintendo does not work something out with the publishers of these games, even if it involves waiving royalties and licensing past a certain sales volume.
I guess Nintendo knows people will buy a Wii U and a PS4, so they do not really care. That is, if they want to play Nintendo games that is.
I wonder how long this 'secondary' console thing can possibly work?

There's really not much Nintendo can do. Keeping the sports games on the console would require a ton of cash, and Nintendo has its own money problems.

#10 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

There's really not much Nintendo can do. Keeping the sports games on the console would require a ton of cash, and Nintendo has its own money problems.

They have $9 billion, or so everyone says, in cash and equivalents. If this is so, then they do not have money problems. They do refuse to take operating losses, and generally never do. Yet now may be the time for them to invest into the console. Who knows though, from their perspective, they won't need sports titles this year.

I am going to see if they have their reports published yet to fact check that 9 billion claim though.

#11 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

Well if the PS4/1 are priced right, lets say near to what the wii u started the systems will sell great.

Nintendo needs to understand and get with modern times. I love Nintendo hence my WiiU purchase but gawd do I wish the big N would just start to get in the ball.

Edited by LinkKennedy, 06 June 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#12 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

Well if the PS4/1 are priced right, lets say near to what the wii u started the systems will sell great.
Nintendo needs to understand and get with modern times. I love Nintendo hence my WiiU purchase but gawd do I wish the big N would just start to get in the ball.

I think they will though. Get with the times that is.

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

They have $9 billion, or so everyone says, in cash and equivalents. If this is so, then they do not have money problems. They do refuse to take operating losses, and generally never do. Yet now may be the time for them to invest into the console. Who knows though, from their perspective, they won't need sports titles this year.

I am going to see if they have their reports published yet to fact check that 9 billion claim though.

Very true. It's general knowledge Nintendo is a conservative company and prefers to play it safe. One of the reasons they have been so rich so long is the fact they don't take insane risks is investment. Sega loved taking risks with their money and look what happened to them.

Signature_DK.png

#14 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

Very true. It's general knowledge Nintendo is a conservative company and prefers to play it safe. One of the reasons they have been so rich so long is the fact they don't take insane risks is investment. Sega loved taking risks with their money and look what happened to them.

:o True.

#15 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

This is very bad news. Even for the Wii the released year after year. I think Nintendo should just do what the Dreamcast did, create their own sports franchise (I know Dreamcast didn't create 2k sports but it started with them because EA wasn't on the system).  It shouldn't be that much money.

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

This is very bad news. Even for the Wii the released year after year. I think Nintendo should just do what the Dreamcast did, create their own sports franchise (I know Dreamcast didn't create 2k sports but it started with them because EA wasn't on the system).  It shouldn't be that much money.

Nintendo specializes in Japanese styled games. They know nothing of Sports games really.

Signature_DK.png

#17 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

They should. It might even be cheaper than throwing a bunch of money at EA or whomever.

#18 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

They should. It might even be cheaper than throwing a bunch of money at EA or whomever.

Great idea.Ubisoft Sports FTW!

Signature_DK.png

#19 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

They could do it.

#20 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

Absolutely, they seem to Love the Wii U (I love the support they give). I'm pretty sure they'd make their money back and more. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!