• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

So apparently someone's doing a live blog about an alien invasion in a town in South Carolina. Aside from the obvious (aliens don't exist, and there's no reason to invade south carolina), he's done a pretty believable story so far. But he has conveniently disabled commenting.

http://studioatgawker.kinja.com/aliens-are-invading-earth-right-now-updating-510682073

Let's discuss this. off hand I have a few questions:

1. Why Charlestown? I can think of a few better places such as Spaceport America (diplomatic), Washington DC (diplomatic/aggressive), Cardiff (diplomatic/humour), Oshawa (repairs) etc.

2. WHICH Charlestown? There's almost twenty.

3. Why now?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#2 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

FAKE!!!! Nice alien style concept though!

Charlestown though? Lol I would have suspected NyC or DC first

Edited by Ultra, 07 June 2013 - 02:25 PM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#3 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

POPULAR

First man to land on the moon, Neil A.

That backwards?

Alien.

#4 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

That backwards?

Alien.

image.jpg
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#5 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

Aliens are real DUH! It's just we never saw them yet...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#6 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

That backwards?

Alien.

never noticed that lol

#7 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

I figured if their are aliens, they won't pop out until 2020 when that mars colonization happens...because technically we will be the aliens invading :P, how backwards would that be?

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#8 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

Hey guys, you bothered to look at the bottom, right?

Kaila Hale-Stern is a writer who lives in your social media stream and works on saving science fiction's past for the future.

Yeah...

Nonetheless, I'm a sci-fi fan and it was a pretty interesting read.  It seems more like an advertisement to me, for some reason.

#9 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

i find it funny how people automatically dont accept the fact there may be life out side of earth no matter how small a chance

wjapt2.jpg

#10 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

There was

i find it funny how people automatically dont accept the fact there may be life out side of earth no matter how small a chance

There was nothing on twitter or anywhere, so I knew it was fake.

There probably is life elsewhere, but if they have half a brain (or whatever abstract logic processing device they use) they would realize that they better have a damn reason to announce their presences to Earth. it's cause riots and mass hysteria and stuff. Possibly even WWIII.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#11 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

Haha this'll be fun to read. I've started the first "entry" and so far it sort of reminds me of Animorphs... It'd be really awesome if someone made one of those Alternate Reality Games but Animorphs themed.

Posted Image

#12 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

Aside from the obvious (aliens don't exist, and there's no reason to invade south carolina)

Really? We live in a universe that is bigger than we can comprehend, and you think we are the only life in this giant fish bowl. O.o It's almost literally impossible.

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

If anyone here has the Discovery Science Channel they have several shows pinpointing reasons why aliens exist. To add to that what about the undeniable evidence? Call me a nut but i'm 95% sure they exist.

Signature_DK.png

#14 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

Really? We live in a universe that is bigger than we can comprehend, and you think we are the only life in this giant fish bowl. O.o It's almost literally impossible.

Well if an alien takes offence at my statement then he/she/it is free to tell me so.

#15 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

There was

There was nothing on twitter or anywhere, so I knew it was fake.

There probably is life elsewhere, but if they have half a brain (or whatever abstract logic processing device they use) they would realize that they better have a damn reason to announce their presences to Earth. it's cause riots and mass hysteria and stuff. Possibly even WWIII.

Curiosity killed the cat

wjapt2.jpg

#16 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

it's time

tumblr_lzkjmpxsBV1qhjyb0o1_500.jpg

794144.png?13383682

#17 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

Someone beat me to that meme?!? Curses!

Signature_DK.png

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

aliens don't exist

How the sh!t do you know? We don't know whats out there, just cos' we havn't seen them yet doesn't automatically mean they don't exist, way to be closed minded......

#19 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

How the sh!t do you know? We don't know whats out there, just cos' we havn't seen them yet doesn't automatically mean they don't exist, way to be closed minded......

Who cares? My point was that alien invasions are not, precisely, a daily thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!