Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_3408305.html

Telling by how often this happens in a gun loving country like America and how rarely it happens in UK where guns are illegal I can safely say I would rather live in the UK.

Signature_DK.png

#2 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

Then move.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

Yes lets take away guns away from our citizens! Surely we wouldn't be able to defend ourselves in case the government becomes corrupt and starts slaying innocent people!/ sarcarm

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

Yes lets take away guns away from our citizens! Surely we wouldn't be able to defend ourselves in case the government becomes corrupt and starts slaying innocent people!/ sarcarm

Honestly, I'd only support assault weapon at best. But I agree with you otherwise.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#5 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

Something tells me you only pay attention to negative media. Recent research shows that the USA has been on a decline on gun crimes since 1993.

http://www.forbes.co...crimes-plummet/
A decent amount of gun crimes in the US come from gun controlled cities like Chicago.

Now don't take this part as a fact, but I remember reading somewhere that the UK has a higher amount of violent crimes. I honestly can't remember.

Posted Image

#6 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

you guys just need stricter gun control rules, thats what i think anyways. As dragon posted, it seems like gun crimes are going down. one thing you have to realize is that the news always likes to report on the bad stuff never the good. If it was up to me i would just ban the violent video games cuz ya knows.  ;)

#7 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

I am always saddenend to see these kinds of stories in the news. 

That reminds me, I should probably post a thread about gun ownership regulation.

Edited by Elric, 08 June 2013 - 03:18 PM.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#8 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

Then move.

If I had the money.

Signature_DK.png

#9 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

Damn, that's messed up.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#10 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_3408305.html

Telling by how often this happens in a gun loving country like America and how rarely it happens in UK where guns are illegal I can safely say I would rather live in the UK.

It actually doesn't happen that often, and per capita it actually happens less than in the UK, the current political climate is what is elevating these stories to national status.  They need sensational headlines to stay alive.  Also, California is a very strict state for gun ownership.  FBI crime stats show that states with less restrictive gun laws and concealed carry permits have far fewer crimes involving firearms than states that have stricter laws.

Also, the rate of gun crimes has been steadily decreasing nationwide since the early 90s.  the worst of it was from the 20s through the 60s.

#11 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

Some believe that banning guns is the answer.  I don't think so.  It's been too easy for anyone to point the finger at the weapon and blame it for doing collateral damage.  There is no individual responsibility for the damage - it's all the gun's fault.  When you start blaming objects and not the people responsible, you also create a situation where the government will be more than willing to raise their power by taking guns away.  If that ever happens, I will guarantee you that guns will neither be the first nor the last thing that will be removed from society.  

It is also easy for someone to say look how violent the US is with guns.  As routerbad pointed out, it is sensationalized through the media.  Gun crimes happen everyday in just about every country.  The sad fact is, you probably will never read or hear about them.  

#12 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

Have you ever heard of a country called UK? I can get married there and I don't have to deal with the constant fear of terrorism.

Some believe that banning guns is the answer.  I don't think so.  It's been too easy for anyone to point the finger at the weapon and blame it for doing collateral damage.  There is no individual responsibility for the damage - it's all the gun's fault.  When you start blaming objects and not the people responsible, you also create a situation where the government will be more than willing to raise their power by taking guns away.  If that ever happens, I will guarantee you that guns will neither be the first nor the last thing that will be removed from society.  

It is also easy for someone to say look how violent the US is with guns.  As routerbad pointed out, it is sensationalized through the media.  Gun crimes happen everyday in just about every country.  The sad fact is, you probably will never read or hear about them.  

As I told Zinix there is the UK where that rainbow almost never happens. The bad thing about Americans is they refuse to look at other countries to learn why some are doing better.

And before you bring up the 2nd amendment remember guns took over a minute to reload in the days it was written. Today you can take an AK 47 and blow children away and before help can arrive dozens of kids would be dead. As times and social situations change so should the constitution.

Edited by Rose Red, 09 June 2013 - 11:06 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

Have you ever heard of a country called UK? I can get married there and I don't have to deal with the constant fear of terrorism.

As I told Zinix there is the UK where that rainbow almost never happens. The bad thing about Americans is they refuse to look at other countries to learn why some are doing better.

And before you bring up the 2nd amendment remember guns took over a minute to reload in the days it was written. Today you can take an AK 47 and blow children away and before help can arrive dozens of kids would be dead. As times and social situations change so should the constitution.

You believe too much in the mainstream media. You do realize there's terroism everywhere, right? This isn't just exclusive to the US. You're a product fear mongering.  Crime exists all over the world, just because guns are banned in the UK doesn't mean you can't get your hands on them, You also don't need a gun to kill someone. You do realize that if a government were to be found corrupt the people, and that government and country went under pandemonium, you wouldn't have anything to defend yourself? The mitilary could literally come into your home and kill you, and your entire family. Of course all of this could be prevented if you had the rights to own guns. Stop being such brainwashed. Just becauses guns are banned doesn't mean they are banned from the higher-ups.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#14 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

You do realize that if a government were to be found corrupt the people, and that government and country went under pandemonium, you wouldn't have anything to defend yourself? The mitilary could literally come into your home and kill you, and your entire family. Of course all of this could be prevented if you had the rights to own guns. Stop being such brainwashed. Just becauses guns are banned doesn't mean they are banned from the higher-ups.

I'm going to stop you right there and tell you even with guns, you cannot protect yourself or others from a rouge US government (and other governments).

#15 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

I'm going to stop you right there and tell you even with guns, you cannot protect yourself or others from a rouge US government (and other governments).

It depends on the circumstance and how fast you can get out of the country.

#16 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

It depends on the circumstance and how fast you can get out of the country.

Let me hear your plans on how to take down a tank or two, along with some planes.  Plus drones.

There's too much of this impossible idealistic nonsense.  If the government really wanted to go after you for no good reason at all, why would they even send the military (who are men) instead of drones or whatnot?

#17 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

POPULAR

Crime happens anywhere you go

Taking away guns isnt going to stop anything

If someone is going to use a gun to commit a crime then making guns illegal isnt going to stop them because they are criminals....why would they care if they broke the law and obtained guns illegally

All banning guns would do is take away guns from people who aren't going to commit crimes in the first place

Give them an inch and they'll take a foot, as soon as the government gets what they want and bans guns then they'll start looking at different ways to strip our rights away and give themselves more and more power

The real problem isnt gun control, the problem is the media being the Obama administrations personal fanboy advertising committee and blowing up every gun related incident just to make the common american think that the thing we need to do is get rid of guns...

#18 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

Crime happens anywhere you go

Taking away guns isnt going to stop anything

If someone is going to use a gun to commit a crime then making guns illegal isnt going to stop them because they are criminals....why would they care if they broke the law and obtained guns illegally

All banning guns would do is take away guns from people who aren't going to commit crimes in the first place

Give them an inch and they'll take a foot, as soon as the government gets what they want and bans guns then they'll start looking at different ways to strip our rights away and give themselves more and more power

The real problem isnt gun control, the problem is the media being the Obama administrations personal fanboy advertising committee and blowing up every gun related incident just to make the common american think that the thing we need to do is get rid of guns...

Most American's have some mental illness or know someone that does. The idea of letting it be easier for them to get fire arms is stupid as hell. If you think gun control laws are going to harm America then you must be opposed to the idea of law all together. Denying statistics is very stubborn.. America has a very high gun murder ratio and this is a serious problem that needs to be dealt with British style

#AmericaIsFarFromPerfect

At least someone here other than me is enlightened on this.

You believe too much in the mainstream media. You do realize there's terroism everywhere, right? This isn't just exclusive to the US. You're a product fear mongering.  Crime exists all over the world, just because guns are banned in the UK doesn't mean you can't get your hands on them, You also don't need a gun to kill someone. You do realize that if a government were to be found corrupt the people, and that government and country went under pandemonium, you wouldn't have anything to defend yourself? The mitilary could literally come into your home and kill you, and your entire family. Of course all of this could be prevented if you had the rights to own guns. Stop being such brainwashed. Just becauses guns are banned doesn't mean they are banned from the higher-ups.

Stats aren't opinions.

Edited by Rose Red, 09 June 2013 - 04:13 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#19 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

Rose Red, on 09 Jun 2013 - 8:14 PM, said:Most American's have some mental illness or know someone that does. The idea of letting it be easier for them to get fire arms is stupid as hell. If you think gun control laws are going to harm America then you must be opposed to the idea of law all together. Denying statistics is very stubborn.. America has a very high gun murder ratio and this is a serious problem that needs to be dealt with British style#AmericaIsFarFromPerfect

At least someone here other than me is enlightened on this.

Stats aren't opinions.
Statistics are actually in favor of less gun violence in recent years.

http://www.cnn.com/2...dy-gun-homicide

You want to believe statistics? Go to the FBI website and it'll back the article. Nothing but fear-mongering and ignorance.

#20 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

Most American's have some mental illness or know someone that does. The idea of letting it be easier for them to get fire arms is stupid as hell. If you think gun control laws are going to harm America then you must be opposed to the idea of law all together. Denying statistics is very stubborn.. America has a very high gun murder ratio and this is a serious problem that needs to be dealt with British style

#AmericaIsFarFromPerfect

Most Americans dont have mental illness.... where on earh did that come from

I never said make it easier to get guns... If anything I believe it should be stricter, however taking them completely away is idiotic

If you think gun laws arent going to hurt America then you are sadly mistaken, as Ive said before the only people it will affect are non-criminals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!