YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

Fullscreen_capture_10062013_222945.jpg.j

Apple has unveiled its dramatic new tubular vision for the Mac Pro, due out later this year.

The 9.9-inch-tall computer is shaped like a cylinder - or vase, or bin - and built on the idea of having a unified thermal core so all the heat from the middle is sucked away by one big fan.

It boasts some hefty processing power thanks to the Xeon E5 processors, two AMD FirePro workstation-class GPUs and an apparent 7 teraflops of computing power. There's PCIe-based flash storage, four-channel ECC DDR3

http://www.eurogamer...the-new-mac-pro

Ugly design.. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

Not a fan of mac. Never was and probably never will be. And what's the deal with that design?

Signature_DK.png

#3 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

It's a stupid design but it probably will sell because that is what people want/think they need. One question tho, Is this design due to the lack of intelligence or are they just trolling?

Edited by The Green Ranger, 10 June 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#4 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

At least you'll be able to dry your hair by holding your head over the thing.

Apple innovation at its finest.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#5 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

What a joke. What will it cost, probably well over 5000$. Not worth anyone's money IMO.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

Looks like a freaking thermos, looks like you can put a lot of soup in it, looks worth it.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#7 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Woah, you can keep your drink warm and surf the net at the same time!

794144.png?13383682

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

Isn't "Tubular" some sort of stupid surfer slang for cool?

That being said, I think it's stupid how it doesn't have any upgradeable storage or memory, and I don't think external video cards will work well.

I think it will still kinda be popular though.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#9 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:27 AM

On the bright side, you'll always have a place to put your beverages when using the computer. In all seriousness though, who thought that design was a good idea?

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#10 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

It's a stupid design but it probably will sell because that is what people want/think they need. One question tho, Is this design due to the lack of intelligence or are they just trolling?

A lot of Pro's use this. In the video editing world the older Mac Pro is an icon. Yet, I look at this design and think it's more a prosumer design. It can't be racked on top of each other, that's what lots of studios have done. Also I'm wondering how many video specific pro cards can be inserted. Blackmagic or Aya. I like the design, but I like my current pro even better.

Edited by Lupaie, 12 June 2013 - 08:02 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#11 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

A lot of Pro's use this. In the video editing world the older Mac Pro is an icon. Yet, I look at this design and think it's more a prosumer design. It can't be racked on top of each other, that's what lots of studios have done. Also I'm wondering how many video specific pro cards can be inserted. Blackmagic or Aya. I like the design, but I like my current pro even better.

I doubt you could fit a lot of pro video cards but I'll wait for the review to give my final verdict. Just look at it, it looks like a can of cola or a keg. I hope the Mac Mini does not follow suit. 

Edited by The Green Ranger, 12 June 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#12 ifrit05

ifrit05

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

I have about 23 older Macs from before the intel transition. I use my PowerMac G5 all the time lol. This new Pro design is just fugly, but I can see what they're talking about because the G5 gets hot like no other, so this could be a good cooling idea.

ifrit05s.png

Nintendo Network ID: ifrit05

Wii U Deluxe

#13 ccc0mb0_bReakeR

ccc0mb0_bReakeR

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Fandom:
    Killer Instinct, Halo, Sonic, Bioshock

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

lol, no one interested in a Mac Pro cares what it looks like, they just want power, ports and upgrade ability   

#14 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

All I can say is: three's a reason why external video cards never caught on, despite the attempts.

Also: the Mac pro won't look so clean and featureless once it's surrounded by a rat's nest of wires to external storage, video cards, and even optical disk drives.

Edited by grahamf, 12 June 2013 - 08:07 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#15 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

Not a fan of mac. Never was and probably never will be. And what's the deal with that design?

Mac still has its advantages. The operating system is rather quick it seems.

I support the design if it actually helps.

#16 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

Mac still has its advantages. The operating system is rather quick it seems.

I support the design if it actually helps.

You going to buy one?

I've seen a few people who think the design is cool, but I haven't found anyone that is thinking of buying one.

#17 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

You going to buy one?

I've seen a few people who think the design is cool, but I haven't found anyone that is thinking of buying one.

Buy one? No. But if I had the money? Maybe.

#18 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

Buy one? No. But if I had the money? Maybe.

A maybe-if is not the same as yes-unless.

My point is that I think a lot of people are going to think about it, many people will want to buy it because it's "cool", but ultimately it won't sell as well.

Also: http://kotaku.com/ga...tem-i-513060072

#19 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

People buy Apple products all the time regardless of quality and price and mainstream media loves apple to hell and treats them like Jesus. Specs are great though.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#20 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

Excellent design.

Apple once again leading the way.

The Pro is designed with a revolutionary thermal core.

Expect other pc manufacturers to try to copy as much as they can.

Asus... I'm looking at you...

It's loaded with power in every way and designed with engineering like a Dyson air blade in terms of airflow.

Actually very amazing design.

Apple has another innovative win.

And it looks great toon

Although I'd prefer they keep the aluminum material.

People buy Apple products all the time regardless of quality and price and mainstream media loves apple to hell and treats them like Jesus. Specs are great though.

Actually, no one used to buy apple products.

Until...

They started making products so much better than everyone else, they commanded desire.

Macs have better hardware engineering, all the way down to latches and screws.

Macs have a better OS. More stable. More polished features. Better memory management, etc.

Macs have better hardware/software integration, the best ecosystem,etc.

And macs/apple products are routinely the best looking devices in their class as well to top it off.

That's why people buy apple.

And since macs run windows too, there's no reason to ever purchase a high spec pc.

Apple has laid the groundwork for future innovation as well. So much so, the only way to compete with apple is to copy them *ahem*samsung*ahem*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!