Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

NOT A DOOM THREAD

After watching hardtimes video about the PS4 killing the XBONE, I really struck me. Is it really a bad thing that Sony and Microsoft had good press conferences? Does that even matter to Nintendo anymore, or has it ever? I mean lets face it, since the Gamecube days Nintendo has always kind of been doing their own thing with their own market. So, what teenager would have actually bought a supped up Nintendo console anyway..? What "10 year old dude-bro" cares about Mario when he has COD? I think what Nintendo does best is catering to their audience and the casuals. Once Nintendo drops the price this holiday season(which they need to do to stay competitive, having the PS4 at that price and the Wii U just $50 cheaper doesn't look good), I think parents will obviously buy it and the hardcore Nintendo fans and some no-loyalty fans. I never really think of it as Nintendo vs. Sony and Microsoft. I know a lot of people what they do is they choose between Playstation or XBOX and have Nintendo as their 2nd console. Any for many, people just generally have their Nintendo consoles. Is Nintendo really in a bad state? Are we over reacting because we see these great looking games? Or is Nintendo's fate in the home console race in tomorrow's hands? Opinions.

2lvmghw.png

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

Its clear now that multiplats are not meant for the Wii U. Which it doesn't really bother me, cause with these partnerships they are making its pretty cool like Bayonetta 2 and Sonic Lost Worlds, its the Wii all over again but that's fine. They always held out on their own with their exclusives generation after generation. The Wii U is only meant to be worked on its creator. No matter how much you damage control about supporting the Wii U with 3rd party, you can't change everyone else's mind who are 3rd party devs and publishers that are saying these type of things.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

If the Wii U ends up as the GameCube 2.0, I'll be fine with that. I'll just use my PS2 2.0 (PS4) for 3rd party games.

Posted Image

#4 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Wii U will have some of the best exclusives and some multiplats that are made great with the gamepad. PS4 will have the best console multiplats and a couple of very good exclusives.  Also PS4 has Warframe and PS2 which I think is really great for them

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#5 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

If the Wii U ends up as the GameCube 2.0, I'll be fine with that. I'll just use my PS2 2.0 (PS4) for 3rd party games.

Exactly what I was thinking, PS4, Xbox One and Wii U is really starting to remind me of the PS2, Xbox and GameCube, that gen I had a PS2 and a GameCube, think Ima do the same this gen, PS4 and Wii U.

#6 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

Keep in mind the 3DS is doing well with only eastern third-party games and Nintendo ips, all Nintendo needs are japanese devs to port their games and make excusives so the Wii U can have at least Gamecube level third-party support, it may not be much but it would certainly be more support than what the Wii gotten not to mention SE and Capcom both else has a next-gen engine that can prove to the world how powerful the Wii U really is.

#7 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

I wonder how many people are going to upgrade- I think the lack of backwards compatibility will hurt a lot.  That's a considerable investment. Likewise, once there's more titles, I think for $150 less, Wii owners might be more inclined to take the leap than Xbox.  As I mentioned I another post, I have enough games either owned, not yet purchased or coming out that will keep me busy for at least a year, if not longer.  Granted, I want Nintendo to do well b/c I like their products, just that I'm happy with what I have.

#8 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

I don't need the other consoles, all i have seen is some mediocre exclusives and a few multiplats most people could care less about. 

Almost all the triple A third party games are coming to Wii U. I don't have a reason to buy the ps4 or xbox one. Seems like people are flocking to Wii U now anyway .... Good thing nintendo is the only one left with free online.... and i guarantee it will be better than xbox live on the one and psn on ps4. Lol get a real gaming social network microsony, you don't have nothing like miiverse!

NOT A DOOM THREAD

After watching hardtimes video about the PS4 killing the XBONE, I really struck me. Is it really a bad thing that Sony and Microsoft had good press conferences? Does that even matter to Nintendo anymore, or has it ever? I mean lets face it, since the Gamecube days Nintendo has always kind of been doing their own thing with their own market. So, what teenager would have actually bought a supped up Nintendo console anyway..? What "10 year old dude-bro" cares about Mario when he has COD? I think what Nintendo does best is catering to their audience and the casuals. Once Nintendo drops the price this holiday season(which they need to do to stay competitive, having the PS4 at that price and the Wii U just $50 cheaper doesn't look good), I think parents will obviously buy it and the hardcore Nintendo fans and some no-loyalty fans. I never really think of it as Nintendo vs. Sony and Microsoft. I know a lot of people what they do is they choose between Playstation or XBOX and have Nintendo as their 2nd console. Any for many, people just generally have their Nintendo consoles. Is Nintendo really in a bad state? Are we over reacting because we see these great looking games? Or is Nintendo's fate in the home console race in tomorrow's hands? Opinions.

They have always catered to EVERYONE. I think it's difficult for people to understand this because Nintendo's competitors have always been focused around the male 12- 21 age group. Nothing has really changed much except for the fact that microsony is close minded when it comes to marketing for everybody, unlike Nintendo. 

Signature_Fox.png

#9 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

POPULAR

Now just bear with me here while I put my Michael Patcher hat on for a second :P

Nintendo is in a very good predicament right now

They have everyone and their brother hating on the Xbox One (and the hate is justified)

Then they have the big bad PS4 which is doing everything absolutely right

But the gaming tides have been shifting in recent years, gamers have been shifting more towards casual/mobile markets

If Nintendo plays their cards right and announces a strategic price cut (50 dollars should be substantial enough) Then you have a $100 difference and a $200 difference between the 2 main competitors

Then the second thing they need to do after the price cut is advertise! advertise! advertise! The casual gamer (which lets face it is a bulk of the Wii owners) arent going to see the Nintendo direct, or even know what the heck E3 is, They need to target that casual market. The hardcore market doesnt need to be targetted in marketing because they educate themselves already in the gaming world 

Then we need at least 2 sizeable 3rd party exclusives announced tomorrow (not including SEGA's and Platinum)

They need to make it rain games but they cannot flood the market, spacing is key, they cant release twelve $60 games in November in an attempt to rape everyones wallets and clean out their bank accounts, the average consumer cant afford that; However they cant space them too far apart.... last thing we need is another drought

Nintendo is primed for success, all they need to do is capitalize in this opportunity

#10 ZeLdAfOrEvEr

ZeLdAfOrEvEr

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:08 AM

As far as we know now the next gen could very well end up PS4>WiiU>Xbox One.

Cut the price by 50 dollars, bundle it with Smash Bros or the new 3D Mario and it's gonna sell like hell.

Jtl61Kt.jpg

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

My guess is the Wii U will be another Gamecube or N64. The sells won't be too impressive but enough to keep them going for their is still that Nintendo audience.

Signature_DK.png

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:29 AM

They're not doomed, but I think it's pretty clear they're not going to get the third party back.
Maybe next console.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:18 AM

THis E3 Nintendo really showed they need to hire more developers. They need to buy some developer studios. They aren't big enough for 3D HD games, and it shows that they couldn't even make release date for Wii Fit U. This is their fault, for not spending their money wisely. What's the point of having a good, HD console if you can't spend resources on developing good games for it?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#14 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

THis E3 Nintendo really showed they need to hire more developers. They need to buy some developer studios. They aren't big enough for 3D HD games, and it shows that they couldn't even make release date for Wii Fit U. This is their fault, for not spending their money wisely. What's the point of having a good, HD console if you can't spend resources on developing good games for it?

What's the point in buying good developer studios if they're putting out things like Wii Fit U? Even their Mario game looked pathetic. If you don't have material for a good and original Mario game, then don't make it! Use one of your other great IPs that don't get near as much attention. What Nintendo needs is not more studios, but to realize that they are not immune from failure. They can't just throw out something and expect it to do well. Unfortunately I think the Wii's success has severely skewed their view of the gaming world. They're completely out of touch.

This was their E3 presentation, this was where they were supposed to show off. And instead they have their CEO apologizing for launch window games still not being out and asking people to be patient. Iwata needs to stop apologizing, stop bowing, and stop asking people to be patient. People have no reason to be patient for Nintendo when their competition is showing them up so badly. If Nintendo can't deliver then people will go elsewhere with their money. They didn't do a big conference because they thought the direct would be better, they did the direct because they knew they didn't have enough for a full conference.

Honestly, they need to bomb. Badly. After a sad E3 conference like that, what Nintendo needs most of all, what would help them most in the long run, would be a very bad failure. Hopefully it would wake them up and they would realize that they are in one of the most competitive industries out there and if they aren't playing to win, then they will fail. 

pNgecl.gif

#15 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

The WiiU isn't for the casuals though because it simply doesn't have the range of games.

As for Sony & Xbox having good press conferences is a good thing, well the Xbone & PS4 are all the wider media are talking about the WiiU doesn't exist in the wider world it seems, thats the problem for Nintendo.

Mario & Zelda won't save them this time, Nintendo wanted 10million sales by now, they will be lucky to reach 10million over the WiiU's life however long that is, what other than Mario & Zelda will make people want to buy a WiiU if they already haven't done so ?

#16 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

Maybe next console.

The official motto for Nintendo fans :P

#17 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

I think the games look great for Nintendo fans, but I'm worried about the general consumer. I hope Wii Fit and Party U are enough to lure generals and they happen to pick up 3D World and DK as well.

I think they're crazy for not having Kart ready for Christmas.

#18 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

I think the games look great for Nintendo fans, but I'm worried about the general consumer. I hope Wii Fit and Party U are enough to lure generals and they happen to pick up 3D World and DK as well.

I think they're crazy for not having Kart ready for Christmas.

Yeah I was expecting Mario Kart in time for xmas tbh. I know they shouldn't release all their games at once but that really is a Christmas system seller since its something you can play with your family and on your own.

#19 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

Hopefully the Wii U's successor with have better fortunes, since Iwata is becoming ceo of NoA and all ._.

#20 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

What's the point in buying good developer studios if they're putting out things like Wii Fit U? Even their Mario game looked pathetic. If you don't have material for a good and original Mario game, then don't make it! Use one of your other great IPs that don't get near as much attention. What Nintendo needs is not more studios, but to realize that they are not immune from failure. They can't just throw out something and expect it to do well. Unfortunately I think the Wii's success has severely skewed their view of the gaming world. They're completely out of touch.

This was their E3 presentation, this was where they were supposed to show off. And instead they have their CEO apologizing for launch window games still not being out and asking people to be patient. Iwata needs to stop apologizing, stop bowing, and stop asking people to be patient. People have no reason to be patient for Nintendo when their competition is showing them up so badly. If Nintendo can't deliver then people will go elsewhere with their money. They didn't do a big conference because they thought the direct would be better, they did the direct because they knew they didn't have enough for a full conference.

Honestly, they need to bomb. Badly. After a sad E3 conference like that, what Nintendo needs most of all, what would help them most in the long run, would be a very bad failure. Hopefully it would wake them up and they would realize that they are in one of the most competitive industries out there and if they aren't playing to win, then they will fail.

Wow, doom and gloom?

Look, we have a lot of games coming. NSLBU, Sonic Lost World, Mario and Sonic Winter Games, Pikman 3, Wonderful 101, Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong. And I am sure I am missing some games.

However, the reason Nintendo launch games were delayed is because they aren't big enough to make these games in HD. They under estimated what they needed. That's their mistake.

Hopefully some third parties will step in and help. But it doesn't look like it.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!