Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

In terms of the 3D Mario, Super Mario 3D World, yes, very much so.

In terms of Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros., no it wasn't, at all. I am totally sold on the Wii U when Mario Kart 8 comes out.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#22 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

I still in shock with Retro, after they hired a bunch of dudes from different companies and they end up doing DK...a side scroller just to add insult to injury.

It's possible they are working on something else. I'm going to wait for more info.

In terms of the 3D Mario, Super Mario 3D World, yes, very much so.

In terms of Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros., no it wasn't, at all. I am totally sold on the Wii U when Mario Kart 8 comes out.

Mario Kart 8 looks next Gen to me. Amazing. All those turns, the huge tracks, amazing.

We need more threads like this. And on the issue of the games coming out in 2014 most will probably launch Q1-Q2. People seem to lack patience.

I see you have the trollface on.

As always. Nintendo is not a stupid company by any means.

I think Nintendo needs to show a list of all games. I totally forgot all the games announced pre E3.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#23 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

Mario Kart 8 looks next Gen to me. Amazing. All those turns, the huge tracks, amazing.

Exactly what I was thinking. This is the first Nintendo game that has screamed to me that it actually belongs on the Wii U. Those graphics are definitely making use of the Wii U's power and the HD.

• storabajskorven and Lebon14 like this

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#24 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

Lets hope for more news and I agee Mario Kart looked awesome, with that X and Smash Nintendo had a good showing. Its just again not a lot of games(it felt like a handful) and most of them we already new about them. I feel disappointed simply because I wanted Metroid and new Zelda.

#25 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

Real life.

never heard of it. what system is it on?

• Alph and Hunter like this

bb0.gif

#26 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

I was expecting some big games for christmas.
Everything is 2014.

Mario 3D World is Christmas, so is Donkey Kong. (Throw in third party like batman, assassin's creed, watch dogs and rayman: you've got a winning combo).

• NintendoReport likes this
Bring the noise.

#27 Xerocks

Xerocks

Red Koopa Troopa

• Validating
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Deadly Premonition

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

As I stated in my introduction thread, I have not owned a Nintendo console since the 64 days. I have been a staunch Sony and Microsoft supporter since then. However, I am really excited about these games. X looks amazing, the new Super Smash has my attention and Mario Kart 8 is a day one buy. I thought the Direct was great and informative. It also showed me that they are listening to their fan base (i.e. the drawing game which seems to be a neat idea). I don't think these look anything like 64 games at all. 

• storabajskorven and NintendoReport like this

- Physical media forever!

#28 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

Mario 3D World is Christmas, so is Donkey Kong. (Throw in third party like batman, assassin's creed, watch dogs and rayman: you've got a winning combo).

Neither of those games are anywhere near system selling for me.

• Ixchel likes this

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#29 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

It's all a bit 'dangle the carrot' which is wearing very thin. They showed Keflings..... this was out ages ago on 360. Maybe the next direct will say "Thank you for the £350 now please wait".

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#30 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Neither of those games are anywhere near system selling for me.

I didn't say they would, just when they were coming out.

Bring the noise.

#31 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Is it just me, but do you guys think Super Mario 3D World is just a filler for the REAL conventional 3D Mario? I think the Super Mario 3D Land series is its own series and Super Mario 3D World is the second installment.

• NintendoReport likes this

gamz girnalizm all da way

#32 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

now, what to play until 2014?

The Xbox One? XD

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#33 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

Is it just me, but do you guys think Super Mario 3D World is just a filler for the REAL conventional 3D Mario? I think the Super Mario 3D Land series is its own series and Super Mario 3D World is the second installment.

I had that thought too, but that wouldn't really make sense...

#34 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

Besides, I loved this year's Nintendo E3. The games they shown were awesome! Smash Bros was amazing and the new Mario games look neat too. I don't  see why people are complaining, it was way better than last year.

• storabajskorven likes this

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#35 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

I think after e3 now, all the threads of wii u being under powered should be locked. Nothing wrong with hardware discussion to continue, but clearly as many of us have known, the Wii U can handle itself this gen very well.

Source, references:

• Bayonetta 2
  • X
  • MK 8

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#36 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

I like Mario Kart and don't want to sound negative.....but all I hear people saying is how awesome mk looked. Really? Those where very fast shots but frame by frame I still see very basic models and textures. Sure it must feel cartoony but if so I'd like it to be more like a Pixar Mario Kart. I know that Pixar is prerendered but if I look at the Forza and GT games, they look like they have many more textures and models. The game characters look cool but the world itself is kind of low poly. Surely the WiiU could handle more....

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#37 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

The games do look nice, and I appreciate the new footage but I was still disappointed by the lack of new reveals (besides DK) tbh. It's something you expect around E3, especially when the others are revealing consoles. Guess I'm spoiled.

As it is now, I'll only be getting 2 or 3 of those games in the first post for sure, and not all of them are coming out this year. :P

Posted Image

#38 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

there was nothing announced that we didn't already know about though, also where the hell were the third party games ?

#39 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

Aside from the games we knew were coming, there were really no surprises and the 3rd party showcase was REALLY lacking. I was hoping they would use the time to announce new 3rd party games like they said they would in the January Nintendo Direct. On the other hand, the new trailers we barely were awesome! I'd give this conference between a B- and a C+. Sony obviously won E3.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#40 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

Then you look at what the competition is getting and you realise that's a pretty small lineup.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!