magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:49 AM

For me, Sony obviously took the crown for best conference. Nintendo was a mixed, but it did have more good than bad imo. Microsoft's was really underwhelming and did the worst of the three.

So here's my rating:

Sony: A

Nintendo: B- (only because of SSB4, otherwise it would have been a C+)

Microsoft: D-

Your thoughts?

Edited by magiciandude, 11 June 2013 - 09:51 AM.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#2 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

Sony: C+

Nintendo: B

Microsoft: C-

Edited by AdmiralClassy, 11 June 2013 - 09:51 AM.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#3 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

TBH first post sounds about right. :P Guess I agree. Maybe a little higher for MS though, the conference itself wasn't bad, just the info we know about it.

Edited by Ixchel, 11 June 2013 - 09:54 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

Sony: B+ 
Thought it started it slow, but picked up fast and now am pretty excited for the PS4

Microsoft: D-
Would of been higher if they had fixed the Xbox One's several problems. Games like TitanFall, and Crimson Dragon saved it from failing.

Nintendo: N/A
Too early to decide. There's still a few more events taking place today that could change their grade.

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#5 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

Well, I don't get this + and - thing so I'll just give letters. (I'm from the UK, btw)

Microsoft: C
Nintendo: A

Sony: Haven't seen it yet but from what I've heard, I'll say it's an A.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#6 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

Sony: A-
They showed some pretty good games and a reasonable price for that powerhouse

Microsoft: C-
Just exclusives and a steep price point for a console less powerful than PS4. Include an SKU without Kinect if that'll lower the price

They had Mario and Mario Kart, Amazingly smash bros did likety-split for me...honestly disappointed with the direct in general

EA: A
I would have given it an A+, but they wasted time with the useless Sports commentary

Ubisoft: C+
Only Tom Clancy's The Division stuck out to me, everything else just disappointed.

I think EA won IMO, now lay the hate on me haha

Edited by Ultra, 11 June 2013 - 10:08 AM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#7 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

Nintendo- solid B+ ( Mario3D,Kart,X, and Smash.)

Sony- A( price point, nuff said.)

Microsoft- B lots of exclusives(Titan Fall, Halo, Dead Rising, etc.)

#8 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

Nintendo A+ - Really happy with the new games and I can't wait :)

Sony B+ - PS4 is nice, might consider it as my platform for non exclusive Nintendo games, would of made an A but the lack of LBP is disappointing.

Microsoft C - Project Spark and Ryse looked good, but the price was a bit unexpected.  No Fable upset me a lot.  I can only see me picking this up if the price drops.

#9 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

Sony- A

Price point, games, no crap, slow start

Nintendo- B

Didn't disappoint but didn't impress either.  Only X and Smash bros got any hype from me.  Solid overall

Microsoft- C+

Was an admirable effort, but just fell short.  Then Sony made them look like crap.

#10 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:06 PM

sony: A

Microsoft: A(good games despite draconian system)

Nintendo: C (playing it safe much?)

#11 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

Sony: A (they did well, but no title that intetested me except Kingdom Hearts and Infamous)

Microsoft: C (it was good until the price and realizing that you can get most of the games they showed on other systems. Glad they brought back Killer Instinct, but it's a F2P game that starts off with only 1 character.)

Nintendo: A (I was excited about every game they showed off outside of Wii Party U and Wii Fit U. I thought they really brought the game graphically, especially with Mario Kart, Bayonetta, X, Smash Bros (they fixed my concern woth the 3DS version about it being hard to see players), and that bit of Watch Dogs footage. Lacking in third party outside of Ubisoft and Warner Bros)

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#12 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

I only watched Sony's Nintendo's and Ubisoft's.

Sony- A+ (Not a sony gamer, but what they showed was AMAZING for their new console! And plus it plays used games and at 400$? The PS4 is a steal!)

Ubisoft- C- (They didn't show anything really new, a new rabbids, rayman, assassin's creed, and just dance... I wanted to see AC4 gameplay but had to wait until Sony's to see it! And also, the host was kinda annoying and tried too hard to be funny)

Nintendo- B- (Their new mario... was OK, I like the multiplayer and the cat suit is adorable, but it is too linear still, but I will still buy it for the multiplayer, mario kart 8 looks great, gonna buy it, super smash bros was awesome! Lack of third party support, though)

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#13 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

I only saw the tail end of the Microsoft conference, the Ubisoft one and the Nintendo direct.

Microsoft: They showed lots of guns, guns and open world guns. But some of the games looked good, 7/10.

Ubisoft: Nothing new for the Wii U, but it was decent enough. 7/10.

Nintendo: I liked the show a fair amount, and all of the games have been growing on me as the day has gone on so, 9/10.

All in all, I think Nintendo did a good job, but I am very worried about third party support.

Bring the noise.

#14 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

Sony: A+
Nintendo: B-
Microsoft: N/A

I didn't care to even watch it (MS).
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#15 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

I think Nintendo had a great conference and it's hard to grade them the same as Sony and MS as Nintendo was in a bit different position with their console already being sold at market.

So, there were a lot more unknowns for MS and Sony, which might have created a bit more interest. With this said, I grade the following:

Sony: A

Nintendo: A-

Microsoft C

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#16 J.D.R

J.D.R

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who, Mario/Yoshi, F-Zero

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

Sony: B+

MS: C- (They have a bunch of games that look pretty good, but not that great of a conference)

Nintendo: B- (I was really expecting more, but I'm excited for the new "3D" Mario game, and SSB!)

Posted Image

#17 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

Sony: A+

Microsoft: D

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#18 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

Microsoft- B+ (all the exclusives and unexpected reveals Sunset overdrive, Ryse, Dead Rising 3)

Sony- B ( Not a ton of games shown NO VITA GAMES GRRR Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy saved them)

Nintendo- C+ (No surprises Mario was okay Smash bros was amazing X looked fantastic and Donkey Kong was probably my favorite)

#19 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

sony b+
microsoft c+
nintendo c-

#20 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

I wanted a Metroid and a original Zelda but what Nintendo showed was actually pretty cool. Only draw back from their entire direct was weak third party support but at this point I think we all just wanted Nintendo games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!