YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

What were your thoughts on this game? I was kinda disopointed... I feel like it will be a linear as 3D land. Mainly because it is still from point a to point b, I was hoping that there would be stars! What the heck nintendo?! How is this the biggest mario yet?! And cat mario... I thought was adorable and funny. "Meow Meow!" but it was kinda silly of nintendo to do that... I hope we get more power ups.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#2 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

I was disappointed too. As much as I like Super Mario 3D Land I was hoping for something more on the lines of Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario 64. I will still buy it as I am a big Mario platform game fan and pretty much buy them all.

#3 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

I was disappointed too, I feel like it'll just be as if I'm playing a sequel to a handheld game, which just doesn't seem right on a brand new console in my opinion. I was hoping for a less linear 3D Mario in the same vein as 64/Sunshine.

#4 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

I personally think it'll be mediocre, but I'm pretty sure it's the first 3D Mario title to have true co-op multiplayer. 

#5 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

I was really disappointed. How can you go from the Galaxy games to this? I loved 3D Land as much as the next guy, but it's something fit for handhelds, not consoles. I was looking forward to some mindblowing level design and Gamepad use to freak out over. This was the last thing I wanted. It'll be great and all, but this is hardly 3D Mario at its finest.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

I was disappointed too. As much as I like Super Mario 3D Land I was hoping for something more on the lines of Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario 64. I will still buy it as I am a big Mario platform game fan and pretty much buy them all.

I didn't really like 3D land, but it was still OK, I was hoping for like another galaxy or something... how is this the biggest mario game yet?! It isn't!

I was disappointed too, I feel like it'll just be as if I'm playing a sequel to a handheld game, which just doesn't seem right on a brand new console in my opinion. I was hoping for a less linear 3D Mario in the same vein as 64/Sunshine.

Yeah! I think this happened.... they were originally planning on it being a sequal to 3D land, since the name is 3D world, but then decided to add multiplayer and make the game bigger... oh and cats...

super mario 3D world? More like super mario 3D land DLC...

I personally think it'll be mediocre, but I'm pretty sure it's the first 3D Mario title to have true co-op multiplayer. 

Yeah I might buy it for the mulitplayer, and I am a sucker for 3D marios so... :P

I was really disappointed. How can you go from the Galaxy games to this? I loved 3D Land as much as the next guy, but it's something fit for handhelds, not consoles. I was looking forward to some mindblowing level design and Gamepad use to freak out over. This was the last thing I wanted. It'll be great and all, but this is hardly 3D Mario at its finest.

Yeah! I was hoping for them to at least put STARS in the darn game! No one wants flag pole things any more!

sfOI1m6.jpg

#7 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

I am honestly very excited to play Super Mario 3D World, as I am a huge fan of Super Mario 3D Land. Nintendo looks to have created a new adventure that feels fresh and exciting, as they've added new gameplay mechanics in the tubes and Cat Suit. I look forward to finding out what the story behind this game is because Princess Toadstool (a.k.a. Peach) is a playable character, so King Koopa (a.k.a. Bowser) hasn't kidnapped her this time.

Could it be another dream, like in Super Mario Bros. 2 (NA version)? Or perhaps the Mushroom Kingdom is simply being invaded by some new foes? Either way King Koopa is sitting this one out and I like it. Definitely a welcome change.

#8 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

I am honestly very excited to play Super Mario 3D World, as I am a huge fan of Super Mario 3D Land. Nintendo looks to have created a new adventure that feels fresh and exciting, as they've added new gameplay mechanics in the tubes and Cat Suit. I look forward to finding out what the story behind this game is because Princess Toadstool (a.k.a. Peach) is a playable character, so King Koopa (a.k.a. Bowser) hasn't kidnapped her this time.

Could it be another dream, like in Super Mario Bros. 2 (NA version)? Or perhaps the Mushroom Kingdom is simply being invaded by some new foes? Either way King Koopa is sitting this one out and I like it. Definitely a welcome change.

linear... no stars.... short.... simple....console game?....

I hope it is a dream, that this whole day was a dream!

sfOI1m6.jpg

#9 joiemoie

joiemoie

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

I think what I'm disappointed in is how the camera is positioned. I really enjoyed the camera following behind you in mario 64 or galaxy. I also feel like the background looks more like a toypen, rather than an immersive environment. Although I do think that the camera positioning would be great for co-op. Maybe I just think it looks too much like a side scroller, new super mario bros rather than a real 3d mario game.

#10 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

I think what I'm disappointed in is how the camera is positioned. I really enjoyed the camera following behind you in mario 64 or galaxy. I also feel like the background looks more like a toypen, rather than an immersive environment. Although I do think that the camera positioning would be great for co-op. Maybe I just think it looks too much like a side scroller, new super mario bros rather than a real 3d mario game.

You can actually rotate the camera around using the gamepad :)

I think this is basically a 2D mario that looks like a 3D one, but didn't we see that on the 3DS?

sfOI1m6.jpg

#11 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

Haven`t played 3D Land yet but at first i wasn`t very excited about it. Yet, there are parts of the game that make you feel like there`s a whole more to the game than we are seeing. It`s a feeling i can`t shake...

Would rather have a Mario 64 kind of game! :(

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

From the dev video, he stated you can use gamepad gyro to change angles to help look around the levels to find hidden objects and also references Mario 64 saying, if you like the camera setting in that game, you can do that too in Super Mario 3D World.

Start at 4:30 mark in video for camera discussion

http://youtu.be/JooU...aid=P-_6kKFPkbY

linear... no stars.... short.... simple....console game?....

I hope it is a dream, that this whole day was a dream!

There are stars, green stars.

Edited by Sorceror12, 11 June 2013 - 03:56 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#13 Kuta∞sthA

Kuta∞sthA

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

The gameplay demonstration is extremely underwhelming. They need to not just show the boring green-grass levels like they did. If this is supposed to live up to Mario 64 and Galaxy, then they need to show it. So far, no one cares about this mediocre-looking stuff.

#14 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Haven`t played 3D Land yet but at first i wasn`t very excited about it. Yet, there are parts of the game that make you feel like there`s a whole more to the game than we are seeing. It`s a feeling i can`t shake...

Would rather have a Mario 64 kind of game! :(

I know right?! We need an open world game! Not something linear! I do think there's more to this game, though...

From the dev video, he stated you can use gamepad gyro to change angles to help look around the levels to find hidden objects and also references Mario 64 saying, if you like the camera setting in that game, you can do that too in Super Mario 3D World.

Start at 4:30 mark in video for camera discussion

http://youtu.be/JooU...aid=P-_6kKFPkbY

There are stars, green stars.

Haha no, those are just star coins but they are stars and they are green... I mean no more point a to point b! I haven't seen a game that involves star collecting since 2010 when SMG2 came out!

The gameplay demonstration is extremely underwhelming. They need to not just show the boring green-grass levels like they did. If this is supposed to live up to Mario 64 and Galaxy, then they need to show it. So far, no one cares about this mediocre-looking stuff.

This looks like 3D land ported to the Wii U with multiplayer...

sfOI1m6.jpg

#15 Super Mario

Super Mario

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Well, I'm sure this game will be as popular as Mario Kart 8.

#16 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

Well, I'm sure this game will be as popular as Mario Kart 8.

Which is sad, since that this is a port of 3D land.

sfOI1m6.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!