Photo

Graphic-wise which game from the E3 direct do you think look the best?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

In my opinion Smash Bros. and MK8 looked as good and everything shown on the PS4, but tbh i don't really know what to look for in visuals to tell if it's meets "next-gen" standards or not

Thoughts?

#2 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

Those two you mentioned, Bayonetta and X looked on par if not slightly on par with ps4/1

#3 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

X from Monolith Soft hands down.  Particularly the trailer on the Wii U Eshop.

#4 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#5 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

Dammit!  I can't wait to check out that X trailer on the Eshop, but I can't access my Wii U in another 9 days QQ 

#6 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

First Mario Kart 8

ss3.jpg

Second I'd have to say Smash Bros for Wii U. The Nintendo All Stars looked very detailed in HD such as Link, Donkey Kong, and Fox McCloud. the Stages and backgrounds also looked very nice.

screen-3.jpg

screen-5.jpg

screen-5.jpg

Third I'd have to say X from Monolith Soft. Huge scaled JRPG goodness.ss3.jpg

ss6.jpg

Edited by RogueStatus28, 12 June 2013 - 12:05 AM.

#7 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

Those two you mentioned, Bayonetta and X looked on par if not slightly on par with ps4/1

Really? I think you need to go and look at them in HD and think about what you just said, they look like PS3/360 games.

#8 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

Really? I think you need to go and look at them in HD and think about what you just said, they look like PS3/360 games.

LOL...then PS4/XB1 games look like slightly better PS360 games then :P

#9 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

I honestly think Xeno looks like a really really good Xbox game on steroids, it's just a little off what I have seen what the PS4 can produce but you have to expect that wth hardware that is a little older.

#10 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:15 AM

X marks the spot on that one.

Signature_DK.png

#11 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:16 AM

While there wasn't much more detail you could add to the mario franchise im pretty impressed with the products so far. X looks amazing but looks a tad blury and could use more life in the city area, it felt a little empty. But otherwise they all looked visually very stunning, all though after seeing the Destiny gameplay i was a little disappointed but im sure any of those nintendo games will knock destiny back in it's place gameplay wise. I kinda hope they refine Links character model in SB, he's hair just looks very off, just me?

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#12 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:33 AM

To be honest I feel PS4/1 are not all that much superior to Wiiu just yet. I think they look slightly better and they have better presentation than Wiiu.

I see games like Killzone or Infamous graphically amazing but I didn't feel like it made X look bad. Its just that those games showed off actual gameplay with cut scenes to smooth out transitions while X just showed a trailer with no story elements it just kinda throws it in your face.
Same thing with the Mario Kart game but when you see people just playing it, it looks gorgeous. I'll even take an X1 game for example Killer Instinct, watch the trailer and it looks kinda weak but then you watch people play it and it adds flayer to it.

#13 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

LOL...then PS4/XB1 games look like slightly better PS360 games then :P

No, they look a lot better than PS360 games, they don't look anything near as good as a high end PC, but it's a very noticeable upgrade. I'm just saying it how it is, I'm not a fanboy.

#14 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

No, they look a lot better than PS360 games, they don't look anything near as good as a high end PC, but it's a very noticeable upgrade. I'm just saying it how it is, I'm not a fanboy.

Would love to take you seriously but you stated X and Bayonetta 2 look like Xbox 360 and PS3 games.

Go compare Bayonetta 2010 release on 360 and tell me how it compares to Bayonetta 2 on Wii U. Can't forget X, certainly looks like it's doing much more then a title on PS360.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

You need glasses.

open world 360 game NOT SEAMLESS:

red-dead-redemption-oxcgn16.jpg

This is what games a fraction of the size of X looked like on ps360.... In an upressed bullshot.

Edited by 3Dude, 12 June 2013 - 06:44 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

Smas Bros and X in my opinion, I really can't wait :D

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

Let's get real here.

Bayonetta actually provides its own direct comparison since the first was on the last gen.  And it's a huge leap on Wii U.

Then there's X.  something tells me YOU need to watch it in HD.  It looked better than most X1 games and rivals Destiny on PS4.

Final Fantasy looked about on par with X, but it was on rails and in arenas, not open world.  so it's easier to look good.  X really just stole the show.

Best graphics at E3 or at the very least tied for best graphics.

First Mario Kart 8

ss3.jpg

Second I'd have to say Smash Bros for Wii U. The Nintendo All Stars looked very detailed in HD such as Link, Donkey Kong, and Fox McCloud. the Stages and backgrounds also looked very nice.

screen-3.jpg

screen-5.jpg

screen-5.jpg

Third I'd have to say X from Monolith Soft. Huge scaled JRPG goodness.ss3.jpg

ss6.jpg

I don't even want to know how many polygons the Wii U is pushing in MK, Mario, or Smash.  It's insane the amount of triangles to make the roundedness of the characters so perfect.

Wii U is a beast in sheeps clothing. LOL

And then there's X. Still the only word I can think of it is INSANE.

And too bad the screen shots here are so beat down.  The game looks killer. And considering the scope it has, it's quite an achievement for this next generation.

#18 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

Definitely Mario Kart 8. It looks almost pre-rendered to me at some times... I have to say I wasn't too impressed with Smash Bros at first, though. After watching the trailer a couple more times, it does look pretty good. As far as X, it looks great at some times, but at others it looks a bit like a 360 game.

Anyways, I think it pretty obvious that, power-wise, it goes Xbox One > PS4 > Wii U. But the Wii U and PS4 are much, MUCH closer together than PS4 and Xbox One, IMO.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#19 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

X is the first game I've seen that looks close to the "next gen" vibe people talk about. I'm not going to talk about bayonetta because i think the first one looks like butt. Skyrim on the ps360 looks pretty similar in detail to X though, but I havent seen the really hd version of the x trailer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!