Photo

"Moderator-Trial"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

It's obvious, we are having lots of Movie spambot invasions lately, or just topics or anything that need mod/admin help. Mourn and GC are probably looking for ways to establish future Mods, ones that will be here to stay and do their job well. I created an idea that would help them solve all of this.

So basically the mods can just look at the active members, then give them the status of being a Moderator for a period of time (a week or so). This could be done among several people at one time. Depending on how good of a job they did, only the best would be chosen, or if they didn't do a good job, revert them back to a normal member and select new people for the "Moderator-Trial."

Now seeing as several people will become mods at a time, they would probably try to fight over who would do the job best, however if they wanted to actually be a Moderator good at their job, this wouldn't happen, and they wouldn't make the effort to try to out do each other.

This post is generally for Mourn and GC, but any feedback is appreciated.
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

It sounds like a good idea 

But..... There are to many people who would abuse everything and run-a-muck on the site

I would burn this place to the ground and dance on the ashes 

MWUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

#3 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

Too many problems could arise from this. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. They would need to be very careful on who they give the trials to...

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#4 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

Too many problems could arise from this. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. They would need to be very careful on who they give the trials to...

That's why it would be a trial and they would carefully a pick who to do it on first :P
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#5 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Lack of power is a serious issue and will send the site out of control if nothing is done. As long as we end up getting good mods the site we will be just fine.

Signature_DK.png

#6 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

Lack of power is a serious issue and will send the site out of control if nothing is done. As long as we end up getting good mods the site we will be just fine.

I completely agree :) I'm not against this idea, i just think that Mourn needs to be careful when picking a new mod! This idea could be a way to ensure a good mod is picked.  I think the power of the "trial mods" needs to be slightly limited when compared to an actual mod. They should be able to move posts and lock threads, but not much else.

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#7 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

I do have an idea for possible future moderation here, but I am not too fond of a trial system yet.  I prefer a discussion among staff for possible users as opposed to just choosing a few active users.

#8 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

I completely agree :) I'm not against this idea, i just think that Mourn needs to be careful when picking a new mod! This idea could be a way to ensure a good mod is picked.  I think the power of the "trial mods" needs to be slightly limited when compared to an actual mod. They should be able to move posts and lock threads, but not much else.

No offense to Game Collector but he didn't do much about the insanity going on. It felt like a madhouse.

Signature_DK.png

#9 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

I do have an idea for possible future moderation here, but I am not too fond of a trial system yet.  I prefer a discussion among staff for possible users as opposed to just choosing a few active users.

I trust you will do a good job! Most of us will be happy with whatever decision you make as long as it cleans up the forums of all the trash threads and spam!

#10 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

POPULAR

No offense to Game Collector but he didn't do much about the insanity going on. It felt like a madhouse.

GameCollector has had router issues for the past 3 days.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

Trialing mods is a stupid idea no offense.

The trail should be the very appointing of them.
If they're rainbow, un-mod them.
Like all the inactive mods here that might have been de-modded, I haven't checked, but I've said I'd like them to be plenty of times.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

GameCollector has had router issues for the past 3 days.

Oh sorry. It's cool bro.

Signature_DK.png

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

*reads trial*

*expects Wright*

*demands Justice*

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Trialing mods is a stupid idea no offense.

The trail should be the very appointing of them.
If they're rainbow, un-mod them.
Like all the inactive mods here that might have been de-modded, I haven't checked, but I've said I'd like them to be plenty of times.

Congrats Nollog for reaching 4000 posts, you are now officially the only Monty Mole on the forum :D

I just hope we can get more mods soon and I mean SOON, as far as staff go, this is probably the WORST forum ever, so, so, so understaffed......... it's a bloody good job we don't have like 20,000 active members, count your lucky stars that we havn't even reached the 5,000 mark yet.

#15 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

POPULAR

this is probably the WORST forum ever

Yeah, thanks for that.

Time to pack your bags everyone, this is the worst forum ever.  It was a nice run, maybe we can try it again next time.

[/sarcasm]

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

Yeah, thanks for that.

Time to pack your bags everyone, this is the worst forum ever.  It was a nice run, maybe we can try it again next time.

[/sarcasm]

Actually this is the best forum I've ever been on and I apreciate yours and GameCollectors hard work, I meant staff wise thats all, get quite a few more Mods/Admins and this place will be awesome and cushy :)

#17 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

Actually this is the best forum I've ever been on and I apreciate yours and GameCollectors hard work, I meant staff wise thats all, get quite a few more Mods/Admins and this place will be awesome and cushy :)

You could have been a little nicer about what you said. I trust mourn is working hard enough as is trying to get staff. Even moderatong the site as much as possible.

#18 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

Or maybe you people could actually think before you spam up the boards, attack a console you don't like, or start picking fights.

Am I saying we'll never get new mods? No. But spam/fights/etc would be eight times less of a problem if more people around here would actually use the functioning brain cells they claim to have, and think before they do all the crap that's hurting the forums as it is.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:46 AM

Yeah, thanks for that.
[/sarcasm]

About time someone else here told you the truth.
Worst. Staffing. Ever.

Takes you 12 months to de-mod inactive mods and then another 6 months to give the position to a single new one.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

Or maybe you people could actually think before you spam up the boards, attack a console you don't like, or start picking fights.

Am I saying we'll never get new mods? No. But spam/fights/etc would be eight times less of a problem if more people around here would actually use the functioning brain cells they claim to have, and think before they do all the crap that's hurting the forums as it is.

WOAHHHH DUDE CHILL OUT, I wasn't having a go at you, but I will say this, no arguments shouldn't be started they don't help at all, AND this isn't fanboys just plain attacking the Xbone, it's gamers sticking up for WHAT RIGHTS THE CONSUMER HAS, we have a right to an opinion and we also have freedom of speech.

Oh and I also find what you said could be offensive to some people, your supposed to be a Mod, act like one.

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 13 June 2013 - 06:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!