• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 ccccombo

ccccombo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

I loved Xenoblade Chronicles.  The only problem is that it taught me what "Pop-in" was.  X looks beautiful though.  My most wanted Wii U game after Smash Bros.  I really wish that the trailer had given us something new like info on the story.  We really didn't learn anything new about the game from the trailer.

That's funny, I haven't seen any pop-in in Xenoblade. That was one of the better aspects of the game's graphics, which weren't even above average for the Wii.

#22 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

I think this game looks amazing. Unfortunately, I never got Xenoblade Chronicles, even though at the time of release I wanted it quite bad. I definitely plan on picking this up though. Fo sho

#23 Wolf

Wolf

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lego games, all of them.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

One of the best things about this game is that it's Wii U exclusive so all those people who jump onto the other consoles will be left wondering. I really hope it a completely free roaming game.

#24 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

It was my first large scale game.  I don't own a PS3 or 360 and I've had enough problems with my laptop that I'm waiting for a new one before doing any PC gaming.  The pop-in only bothered me in Makna Forest where trees were constantly coming into existence not even 15 feet ahead of me. every time I moved or swung the camera.  Having things appear when I'm two seconds away from running into it can be bothersome.  As a result I'm just loving what I see with X.  Every frame looks great and I didn't see any pop-in during the two trailers we have so far.

I wasn't paying much attention to the PS4/XB1 trailers, but really?  Pop-in issues on "Next Gen" hardware?  I...was expecting more.

not in the trailers on ps4/bone (Most of the trailers werent from the actualsystems), in the gameplay.

That explains a lot. In dragons dogma, and most large ps360 games youd have like entire carragies that would sometimes pop up when you got 20 feet away... or sometimes right next to you, whilst their contents float in midair.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#25 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

I cannot WAIT for this. I've hated All but FFIX after FFVII (loved FFVII, HATED FFVIII), generally HATED JRPGS, missed out on Xenoblade Chronicles, but this looks lovely, open world, and just amazing!!!!!

Plus they've improved the visuals no-end since I last saw them, the lighting, the smooth framerate, the draw distance, the character models, for me, for this art-style it's just great. I'm really hoping for 1080p here, but will settle for 720p and a silky smooth framerate and draw distance

#26 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

Y'know what? I just noticed that the trailer from E3 direct doesn't show the main character's face at any point. All you really know is that he has black hair. Someone surprising as main character perhaps?

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#27 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

This is a day one buy for me. BTW has anyone noticed how a ton of the E3 games are sanbox?

Signature_DK.png

#28 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:25 AM

yes because monster hunter is the only game in the world with large monsters to fight.

IKr, monster hunter isn't open world at all.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#29 Wolf

Wolf

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lego games, all of them.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

Just to clear it up, I never actually said I thought this would be anything like Monster Hunter to play. I just said that it looked like a futuristic MH from some of the stills I saw. I know it'll play completely different.

If you look at he lighting in some of the trailer it looks great. I may well need a new tv to show it off :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!