Photo

Final thoughts, reactions and raitings on E3 2013 for the big 3?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

Since E3 wrapped up the game announcements while game sites are covering all available game demos. I wanted you and I to share thoughts, reactions  and ratings on the big 3.

Microsoft E3 Press Conference -......Meh....

Positive - Killer Instinct

Negative - The console, Microsoft's actions before and after the conference

They showed off Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Phantom Pain looks gorgeous and I can't wait to play it for hours and hours...On my Ps3. Sunset Overdrive looked really looked promising, it kinda reminds me of another game that had that maybe Team Fortress 2 but will more wacky cartoons, but its a nice touch. Ryse: Son of Rome has impressive visuals, but the gameplay looks boring, looks like a heavy influence on QTEs. Dead Rising 3 I still am not convinced, looked so much like Walking Dead with no funny gimmicks like the first or second one, just guns and cars. But the airstrike was pretty sweet so I'll have to wait and see more. What really killed it for me was they showed yet another Halo. Are you kidding me? Didn't Halo 4 came out like fall of last year? and Battlefield 4's embarrassing gameplay reveal, I laughed so hard about it. Finally the thing that I really liked through the whole conference, was Killer Instinct.....Until the next day they said its a free game with only having Jago being the only character available so you have to buy characters, stages, everything, Micro transactions on a fighting game......... So every KI fan will be buying a incomplete game. Thanks alot for destroying another Rare classic franchise, first Banjo Kazooie, now Killer Instinct.

C-

Let me say this, I know the ones that are reading this that are a die hard Xbox fans, but you have to understand. EVERYONE. HATES. THE XBOX ONE. Everywhere you go in the internet and real life nothing positive, just rants about the Xbox One and memes about the xbox one. I said before I had faith in Microsoft when they announced the reveal event, what was my reaction I keep expressing about Microsoft, Disappointment, I gave them a chance but they blew it up and made it even worse at E3. You expect me to be all happy about the Xbox One knowing their bull policy's are still around because it hurts your feelings that I'm bashing your favorite company? Angry Joe is the best example for long time Xbox gamer reacting to the Xbox one, he's been with the Xbox since the first Xbox and the 360 the whole 2 generation including PC, now he made 2 rant videos, and on top of that, how are you still defending this company even after all this stupid things they did before and after E3. Damage controlling on Redict or whatever that site is called, making fun of their own fans about backwards compatibility and get a 360 if you don't have better internet, blocking comments in their own channel. They deserve all this negative attention because their image now, its not likable or trust worthy, you don't own Xbox one games, your friend is only allowed to borrow once, you have to check in 24 hours or you're boned. Everything it has is not a good thing to own a Xbox one if they can manage to sneak in something good. Wii U owners are being mocked every bad Wii U news week after week yet bashing Microsoft's console I'm the bad guy.

Sony E3 Press conference - Surprised me.

Positive - Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV, price, all features.

Negative - Still lack of PSVita games, first half focused on TV services, most new IPs are you wielding a gun.

They opened up the conference with the Vita, I was hopping they will show some love for the Vita........Turns out they did not such thing, no price drop, no original exclusive games.....Guess I have an opportunity to troll the thing even harder now. They showed boring stuff like video unlimited, I kept thinking in my head "Oh god please Sony don't be like Microsoft's conference in May!" I wanted to go to sleep after they kept going but then they finally showed some games, they looked very amazing, the 18th century game looked pretty good, looks like a survival horror 4 player co op adventure, infamous was AMAZING! I loved the first and 2nd game and I can't wait to play the 3rd one. Then they showed some indie games, which the whole '40 games shown at E3' kicked in and I really appreciated it, I loved the indie games now and seeing that more are coming from these amazing lesser known companies is a welcome edition to PS4 especially the devs behind Scott Pilgrim VS The World. But then. SOMETHING HUGE CAME IN! Square Enix has redeemed themselves! Final Fantasy Versus XIII now called FFXV and Kingdom Hearts III reveal! I got so exited I couldn't even sit down, but then the next day I heard its not exclusive, so that bummed me out I think only on Ps4 would be more epic. I still was very exited that its coming though. Then the biggest troll move Ive ever seen in a conference, Sony just destroyed Microsoft by saying everything that the Xbox one is having, will not be effected on Ps4, everybody in the room was cheering, I was shocked, laughing and happy with joy that PS4 will not be the same as the Xbone. The Price got even better, a more powerful console is more affordable. Then laughed even more with sony;s video about "This is how you share your games with Ps4"

B+

Nintendo Direct E3 - Really amazed me on their graphical power.

Positive - Smash Bros, X, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8.

Negative - Still lack of 3rd party, laggy direct, Retro's long awaited disappointment.

The direct was really laggy because of the amount of people watching at once, but I was able to understand what they are showing. They started off with Pokemon X & Y which i was like whatever since there's like leaks every single day here. When I saw Super Mario 3D world I was like "Oh god damn it its a port of the 3DS version." But when the trailer kept going, i didn't remember 3D land having all these other things like a complete snow level, besides, 4 PLAYER 3D Mario Co op! Less chaotic than having a 4 player side scroll-er. The next is Mario Kart 8, first glance, holy hell, that game's graphics were so much like eye candy the whole way, it looked gorgeous on the trailer and even off screen, knowing that Iwatta said the online will be the best and more tweaked than any other Nintendo game just hyped it up even more, Mario Kart 7's online was fantastic so was the Wii one. Also adding in that zero gravity gimmick was pretty sweet! Can't wait until they reveal more since they have a year. The stinker for me had to be DK Country 2, do we really want another DK Country 2D side scroll-er since we had it 3 years ago on Wii, and re released on the 3DS last month? It really disappointed me so much that this is what Retro has been working on for 2 years. However, things got even bigger and better. Bayonetta 2 is looking way more fun than any other hack & slash, way better than DMC and the previous Bayonetta. Then they showed an amazing trailer from X. X is beginning to be the most amazing game Ive ever seen from Nintendo, its setting the hype so high right now. Looks so much like Ps4 quality its so unbelievable that its running on the Wii U. And Finally, the biggest one of all that everyone was waiting for, Super Smash Bros. While it was ending, they flashed a warning sign, and I saw someone in a cliff thinking this person is like a servant of Master Hand, it stopped but the audio kept playing and I got frustrated on the stream server not playing, then I heard a noise sounding retro, I was thinking "Oh god no, its gotta be Pac-Man, damn it Namco!" But then the video started playing again, it showed me the eyes of the new character and that memorable battle jingle, My jaw dropped to the floor. Mega Man is finally back after all these years as a playable character in Smash Bros. Seeing him in the game. They nailed it. He is just like his 8bit self but in a 3D environment, unlike the Megaman Powered up game were he didn't imitate his 8bit actions.

B+

Overall: Sony & Nintendo both were on top, I couldn't choose who won because both had flaws and had amazing games that made me a kid again. so I nominate both. Thank you Sony for not having the same flaws as the XBone that everyone was predicting to be true and thank you Nintendo for not being as boring as the last E3 conference, but please come back making a conference again next E3. I missed out on thousands of people cheering on Mega Man's debut in Smash.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

Good post.  I'm not that much into gaming to follow what the other two did- MSFT and Sony, other than what has been posted.  Doubt I'll ever get a playstation and certainly won't get an Xbox One.  But from what I've read, it sounds like Sony did the best, with Nintendo having a better than expected show, but far from hitting a homerun. From my POV, the titles released, plus what's available, what's in the pipeline, there's plenty for me to choose from.  But for Nintendo's sake, I fear that they didn't do enough for the upcoming holiday season, which is when they are going to make their bread & butter.

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Sony overall had the best conference. No doubt about it. The PS4 is definitely an excellent console, and I can't wait till it launches. They showed games, have a great pricetag, and overall have much powerful hardware for cheaper. I'll definitely be picking up the PS4 at launch. Nintendo of course will come in second. They really didn't shock me or surprise me, but I gotta say, I didn't expect Retro to be developing another Donkey Kong game. At first I was upset, but after viewing footage, it looks as good as their first game. It's humorous that people were complaining about the lack of a traditional Donkey Kong game, they get it and complain. Metroid don't get me wrong is an excellent series, but it deserved a break after Other M. Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, Wind Waker, and X all look great in the graphics department, and Pokemon X & Y might top gen 4 as my favorite gen. Nintendo overall had a good press conference, but was a tad disappointing. Where to start with Microsoft? Well, it was just abysmal. Audio issues, games not loading, the 500 dollar price tag, etc. Not to mention the whole used game issues (which Sony pwnt Microsoft in a ad and on stage), it was just a bad experience. Will the Xbox One be worth owning? Perhaps in the future, Killer Instinct caught my eye, but the shady P2P in a fighting game killed any interest for me.  Microsoft's conference was definitely on par with Sony's 2006 conference and Nintendo's 2008 conference, just pure trash. 

I'll be going PSU and PC this gen. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

Sony gets a 9.5/10: It was near perfect

Nintendo gets a 8.5/10: Not much new games but some cool updates and confirmations.

Microsoft gets an 8/10:Some cool games but some disappointing news.

Ubisoft gets a 9/10: Amazing games. The division,Watch Dogs,and the Crew are amazing.

EA gets a 6.5/10:Other than Mirrors Edge 2 it was disappointing and bland.

Edited by Rose Red, 13 June 2013 - 03:32 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#5 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

Sony gets a 9.5/10: It was near perfect

Nintendo gets a 8.5/10: Not much new games but some cool updates and confirmations.

Microsoft gets an 8/10:Some cool games but some disappointing news.

Ubisoft gets a 9/10: Amazing games. The division,Watch Dogs,and the Crew are amazing.

EA gets a 6.5/10:Other than Mirrors Edge 2 it was disappointing and bland.

EA Battlefront?

#6 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

EA Battlefront?

I played the PSP one. I thought it was okay. I will have to rent BF when I get a PS4.

Signature_DK.png

#7 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

I think Sony's conference was the most boring out of all, tbh. Yes, we did get 3 great game reveal and announcements however, 3 was good. But when 2 of those games only appeal to a certain audience and the other game (The Order), imo did look VERY good. Probably one of my favorites from the entire show and definitely a buy for me. Sony's was just too long. Destiny gameplay was too long, spent too long on TV stuff when that stuff could had just been released on their website.

Microsoft's conference was a bit all over the place, seemed they didn't know what to do with all these game reveals. Dead Rising 3 was good, I'm not a fan but was a good reveal. Sunset Overdrive was probably their more interesting reveal. Don't care for Titanfall. Halo? Meh. 

Nintendo: Mario reveal was a bit disappointing. It wasn't what I wanted and felt as if they were playing it too safe. Mario Kart 8 was one of my favorite games from the entire show. Bayonetta 2 looked beautiful, day one buy for me! Smash Bros. looked good and never played Xenoblade but this new game "X" looks great so I'm definitely going to check it out. Retro's game was obviously a disappointment, but the more I watch the game and look at it. The more I do get excited for it. But at the end of the day, it still wasn't the game fans wanted or expected. Hopefully next time they will show us Metroid, in 3 years. (Ugh) 

2lvmghw.png

#8 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

I was so excited when I saw DKC tropical freeze! The game looks amazing! Other than that I agree with most of what you said :) I don't understand all the hate for DKCTF here! People seem to think that If it is a sidescroller, it is less of a game?!? Sidescrollers can be just as fun and time consuming as a 3D game! Just because you don't like sidescrollers doesn't mean they are less of a game than lets say, Metroid. I never could get into metroid, but Donkey kong, that made me believe in Retro!

Edited by BanjoKazooie, 13 June 2013 - 04:46 PM.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#9 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 02:24 AM.

#10 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

EA: Didn't watch. But Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare looks cool, I'll be getting it as long as it doesn't stay on 360/XBO. Peggle 2 has my interest, despite the hilariously bad reveal. No Wii U support, as usual  -_-.  

Ubisoft: Solid conference, I enjoyed the Rayman trailers the most. The knight treasure Facebook game's trailer got a good chuckle out of me, along with South Park. Everything else looked good, especially Watch Dogs and The Division. Sad to see no Wii U support at the conference though. Aisha Tyler wasn't that bad of a host,  but even still I'm confused about what "#girlwood" even means. The Rabbids TV show looks okay, might give it a view or two. The "interactive TV" is mostly pointless as it seems to be only for the XBO. I do hope that if the show has a soundtrack, it'll reuse some tracks from Rabbids Go Home.

Microsoft: Meh, I couldn't pay too much attention since I knew I wasn't buying an XBO. The exclusives aren't my thing. But Killer Instinct (3?) seemed great, until they said it was a digital FTP game. $50 says the 3rd party "exclusives" end up being on PS4/PC/Wii U. The 2 free games a month for 360 XBLA Gold Members seems pointless. No discounts, or anything on the level of PS Plus. Not to mention I've heard that Halo 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 aren't worth that much, so you wouldn't be saving much money. I did like the Little Big Planet like game, but it seems to require Smartglass, which is a shame.

Sony: They won E3, even though I wasn't interested in most of the games they were showing. Kingdom Hearts 3 announcement peaked my interest for the series, big indie support is awesome (I'm interested in Octodad and the 2D shooter that has the 16 bit like style from Scott Pilgrim). PS4 console looks sleek, and the end of the conference was the best part, the shots were fired at Microsoft. Though the talk of Netflix and other services near the beginning was a bore. Continued PS3 support is a good sign, but I hope Vita support ramps up.

Nintendo: My 2nd favorite E3 showing. Pokemon X/Y's new Fairy type is neat, so is the "Pokemon Amie/Aime" pet simulator like mini game. It'll be fun to tinker around with just for the novelty. Mario 3D World is a slight disappointment, I think a lot of us were expecting the 64/Sunshine/Galaxy formula of gigantic levels with multiple stars within them. Nevertheless I'm still excited for 3D World. Mario Kart 8 looks (and plays) gorgeous, and the anti gravity gameplay looks neat from a visual standpoint. Wii Fit U and Wii Party U are hopefully hooks for the casual audience. Art Academy was nice, but wasn't necessary for the conference, they could have spent that time on something else/more of something. Wind Waker is stunning, and the Miiverse integration is neat. Wonderful 101 I wasn't able to see that much (I was scrambling to find another stream at the time), and Bayonetta 2 looks very distinct, despite my lack of interest for the game itself. I wasn't all that disappointed with Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. I wasn't hoping for another Metroid/Star Fox/F-Zero due to not being an extreme fan of those games (plus, it's always possible Retro is working on another game besides DK). Tropical Freeze looks great, and the fact that David Wise is doing the soundtrack..... sheer greatness. The 3rd party lineup is sadly bare for Wii U, even though there are a few games that weren't showed in the slideshow of 3rd party games. Though I was surprised by the Oddworld New 'n' Tasty for the eShop, which I thought would be a PS4 exclusive. Smash Bros looks amazing, the stages, characters, everything is stellar. The Mega Man announcement was a big surprise, a great one at that. Animal Crossing Villager and Wii Fit Trainer were humorous additions, with both currently at meme status. The 3DS games at the show floor look great as well.

In summary, this was a great E3. This year had a lot of surprises, like KH3, Killer Instinct (sadly done wrong) Mega Man for Smash, and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze . But I hope that next year will be even better, especially since the focus for all of the big three will be games. Considering that the XBO and PS4 will be out way before E3 2014. I'm really hoping for E3 2014 to be a lot like E3 2010 (namely Nintendo's conference from 2010), with a ton of surprises, my favorite part of E3.

Ranking the conferences, I won't give them scores or grades, but just who I thought was the best.

1. Sony

2. Nintendo.

3. Ubisoft

4. EA 

5. Microsoft

or for the big 3

1. Sony

2. Nintendo

3. Microsoft.

#11 CrimsonDivine

CrimsonDivine

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Tera

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

Microsoft= Meh?
More like...
Microsoft=XBoner.

kisame.png

#12 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

For me, Nintendo made E3. Smash Bros looks awesome with the more cartoonish look to it instead of the realistic design they tried with Brawl. I like Mario 3D World for the fact that I can play as Peach in a Mario platformer again. DKC Tropical Freeze looks like it'll definitely be fun, especially since I can choose to play as Diddy or Dixie in single player instead of just Donkey.

X looks awesome, and since I enjoyed Xenoblade, I'll definitely get X when it comes out. Bayonetta 2 looks like it'll be a very fun ride too, I just hope there's something like a seperate mode that teaches you how to play the game so those who those who never played Bayonetta can get used to how the gameplay will be, and people who played the first game can skip it altogether.

Mario Kart 8 looks awesome and very fun, I just hope Nintendo tones down on the AI using the blue shell so often. There were times in MK7 where I'd get hit by 3 blue shells in a single 50cc race and it got a little annoying whenever it happened. 

Sony definitely made me interested in getting the PS4, though I won't be getting it for KH3 or FFXV, I'll be getting it for the next Twisted Metal and main Tekken game that will probably come out for it.

Microsoft...I said before that I wasn't interested in it's consoles before, and I'm not interested in getting the Xbox One now. I played Killer Instinct 64, and it turned my interest away from the franchise. I'm not a fan of the Dead Rising games, so 3 isn't in my list of must haves.

Nintendo - 8/10

Sony - 7/10

Microsoft - 2/10

I think Nintendo and Sony did pretty good this year.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#13 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

PS4-A
X1-B
Wiiu-B+

#14 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Microsofts conference was better than EA's.

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

Sorry Julio, I can't add anything of my own cos' you took the words out of my mouth, that was exactly how I feel, if I had to rate though:

Sony 8.2/10

Nintendo 7.6/10

Microsoft 6/10

#16 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

Nintendo 5/10. (Nintendo Direct was absolutely rubbish, worst direct I seen)

Sony 8/10

MS 3/10

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 14 June 2013 - 05:48 AM.

#17 Lunity

Lunity

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

Sonys was boring to be fair they hadnt really showed me anything that really wowed me and I didnt know already im also still think they are being a little vague with some of their policies too 7/10

Nintendo well I was really disappointed but they def had some fun looking games and suprisesnothing really appealed to me but I could see what they were trying to do I love my wii u for its unique games so im happy to wait for a game to come along that peaks my interest soo they got 8/10

Microsoft where to begin if it was a little more organised it would of run away with E3 I was really impressed with the games especially dead rising 3 and unlike some peipl

#18 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

Sony 10/10 just because they crushed Microsoft and that made headlines so it's kind of a big deal. I really have no complaints at all about Sony or the PS4 so I thought they did a perfect job at E3. You know you did a great job when literally nobody has any complaints or concerns about your console.

Nintendo 8.5/10 because they revealed a lot of games that are going to be great games but choosing DK side-scroller platformer over a brand new next-gen Metroid was a terrible and lazy choice. Sorry, but I could really use a brand new FPS on the Wii U or a Starfox in development would have been good news. The fact that the new Super Mario 3D Land actually has a lot of 2D side-scrolling gameplay unlike complete 3D like Sunshine or Mario 64 is a bit sad. However, they will be good games at least but they could have been so much better.

#19 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

sony 9/10

microsoft 7/10

nintendo 6/10

#20 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

I get the feeling that if ONE more game was shown, the Nintendo E3 Direct would have felt totally complete and would have been the best showing.

That one game would have been next gen Metroid or next gen Zelda.

If that would have happened, then people would have soiled themselves over how amazing the Wii U games lineup looks.

Seriously, Mario looked beautiful and the geometry is staggering.  Mario Kart likewise.  Nearly Pixar quality.  Donkey Kong looks like a blast and also has some sick character models with fur that looks better than the CGI Nintendo used to use.  

but DK wasn't what people wanted.  What they wanted was validation that Nintendo Wii U was a next gen rompin stompin ultimate destructor games factory.  And Nintendo nearly delivered with the Direct.  But it lacked ONE game that would have seen it "complete." 

I liken the E3 Direct to eating a Subway Sandwhich combo meal but forgetting to order a chocolate chip cookie.

You have eaten and it was a good meal, but something is missing... 

In this case the cookie would have been the next Metroid or Zelda.

If they did that, people would be beside themselves.

As it is, I find it funny that so many media outlets are trying to pretend they didn't just see an X demo that looks like  PS4 game ore that Mario did'nt just blow their minds with true next gen graphics. although IGN seems o finally be getting a hint...

Nintendo did an amazing job.

But I still want that cookie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!