Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

MNN

Despite EA publicly stating that it’s not developing games for Wii U, Nintendo says its relationship with the publisher is great. In an interview with Shacknews, Nintendo of America senior director of corporate communications Charlie Scibetta said, “The relationship is great between Nintendo and Electronic Arts.” When asked about what makes the two video game companies’ relationship great, Scibetta replied, “You’ll have to ask EA when it comes to any future announcements or future product plans. I don’t want to speak for them.”

According to Scibetta, Nintendo understands it’s their responsibility to reach out to third-party developers and convince them to bring games to Nintendo platforms.

“We feel that’s our job to help drive that install base, and we haven’t had the software so far in 2013 that’s going to do that,” said Scibetta. “But we’re confident between now and the holiday and again in 2014, we do have the software that’s going to grow that install base. And when that happens, we think that Wii U will be a far more attractive platform for third parties to want to publish on. The same thing happened on Nintendo 3DS that we think will happen on Wii U, which started off slow, but when the software came around, the hardware sales came. We’re looking for the same dynamic for Wii U.”

Edited by VGCrasher, 13 June 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#2 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

Despite EA publicly stating that it’s not developing games for Wii U, Nintendo says its relationship with the publisher is great

Well then Nintendo must feel its relationship with every other 3rd party developer is great as well because they arent developing games either :P

#3 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:02 AM

Despite EA publicly stating that it’s not developing games for Wii U, Nintendo says its relationship with the publisher is great

Well then Nintendo must feel its relationship with every other 3rd party developer is great as well because they arent developing games either :P

Your relationship can be great without working together. For instance, some of our partners at my firm are idle until needed, and interestingly enough, some people at each office can't stand people at the other (like the guy at DICE and the Wii U comments). So, I think the attitude is not that EA is completely against Nintendo or vice versa, just that, well, the ROI opportunity is not there right now. It will be even less with all of the first party games out, and the third party games like Batman and COD hitting later. 

#4 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

Basically Nintendo needs to sell more consoles and EA will start developing again. Nintendo clearly needs as much support as possible so they were hardly going to say anything different.

Besides what they announce in public is not the same as what they actually feel, that is the politics of commerce.

I bet you if we could be a fly on the wall at nintendo (and could understand japanese) we would have heard some rather negative EA comments.

#5 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:17 AM

ahahhahahahhahahaa.....wait they aren't joking?

Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#6 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

POPULAR

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Signature_DK.png

#7 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:30 AM

Wow, this is the most surprising thing out Of Nintendos mouth all week ;)

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Have Nintendo discovered news on the internet yet? ;)

#9 CrimsonDivine

CrimsonDivine

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Tera

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

If Nintendo thinks its relashionship with EA is great, they're probably using Internet Explorer.

kisame.png

#10 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

Let's see. No Fifa, No Madden, No NHL, No Tiger Woods, No NBA, No NCAA, No Battlefield, No Mirrors Edge, and No Battlefront, No Need for Speed?
Great relationship.

#11 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

...No Need for Speed?

Scratch that! Need for Speed Most Wanted U is, of course, on the Wii U. It is amazing! Yes, a port. This port is far superior to any other console version, especially where graphics are concerned. If you have not purchased a copy, and you are a NFS fan, then you need to buy this game. Now.

Edited by Phanto, 14 June 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#12 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

Scratch that! Need for Speed Most Wanted U is, of course, on the Wii U. It is amazing! Yes, a port. This port is far superior to any other console version, especially where graphics are concerned. If you have not purchased a copy, and you are a NFS fan, then you need to buy this game. Now.

I have it.
But we aren't getting the next one.

#13 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

I have it.
But we aren't getting the next one.

Even so, you can't say there is *no* Need for Speed on Wii U.

#14 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

Even so, you can't say there is *no* Need for Speed on Wii U.

That's not what I ment. Notice I put Fifa and Madden. When we have last year's games. All of the games on that list are the next games and none of them are coming to the Wii U.

Edited by Soul, 14 June 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#15 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

Maybe EA is secretly trolling us; at PAX Prime, the CEO of EA will come out wearing a Princess Peach dress and say that Battlefield 4, the new Need for Speed, and Star Wars Battlefront will be Wii U Exclusive, and that Bioware is making Mass Effect Trilogy Metroid Edition, where you get Super Metroid remade on Mass Effect's engine.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#16 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

Have Nintendo discovered news on the internet yet? ;)

Has Nintendo discovered the internet? Lol sorry I couldn't help myself.

And this doesn't really mean anything.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

Ea doesn't make games for a console that has 4 million users.

But it makes games for two consoles that have zero users each.

Great logic...

They know their games drive install base, not merely latch on to it.

There's a political reason for this and EA isn't going to talk. But feelings have to go pretty deep in order for the outlandish crap to have been said by ea staff in public.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 14 June 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#18 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

Ea doesn't make games for a console that has 4 million users.

But it makes games for two consoles that have zero users each.

Great logic...

It doesn't take a genius analyst to know that more PS4's will be sold by the end of the holiday season than Wii U's throughout the seven months of its existence.  

Edited by kokirii, 14 June 2013 - 07:54 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#19 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:34 PM

It doesn't take a genius analyst to know that more PS4's will be sold by the end of the holiday season than Wii U's throughout the seven months of its existence.

Wii was the most sold console last gen. By the same logic, EA should have had tons of games in development for its successor before it was ever launched. Ea helped architect low wii u sales with its non-support (bad port of lastp gen mass effect and one old racing game) and disparaging comments.

Second, the Xbox one is the most hated console I've ever heard of. And it has the most ea support.

So anyway...

It's politics.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 14 June 2013 - 11:36 PM.

#20 XxNightfallxX

XxNightfallxX

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Blind Guardian, Elder Scrolls

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

i didn't think anyone would have a good relationship with Electronic Arts :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!