Photo

The Wii U should have been as powerful as the Xbox one.

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#1 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

* Flame shield activated* Bring on the hate.

Now that all three systems have been reviled it's really sad to see how the Wii U stacks up to the Ps4. The Ps4 ram and GPU pretty much BLOWS the Wii u's out of the water. We are seeing some nice looking games coming out now sure 'X by monilthsoft' but how long will that last? The Ps4 specs are rather amazing, I can see this console having a very long life with the 7GB of GDD5 ram and.. Wii U only has 1 of GDDR3 :(

The Xbox one though I despise it, has a good build and is middle of the road between the Wii U and Ps4. I really think the Wii U will suffer in the later years.

bring on the flames.

I really wish the Wii U had at least 4 Gbs of dd3 ram. The GPU in the xbox alone is TWICE as powerful as the Wii U's.

#2 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

I actually agree it should have been more powerful, and with a regular controller. But as long as we get our our favorite first party exclusives, who really cares?

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

Now that all three systems have been reviled 

They certainly are reviled.

They were revealed too though, no matter how many people hate on them they're out and the companies have made their bets.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:10 AM

POPULAR

The Wii U should have been as powerful as the Xbox one.

Why?

Should the 3DS of been as powerful as the Vita?

As Reggie said "it's all about the games" A solid library will ensure a strong generation for the console. RAM or GPU doesn't ensure that. Innovation, unique game play, and fun experiences do.

I made this point before on these forums, and I will do it again.

Think of the Wii U as the 3DS compared to the Vita. Yes, there is a power gap, but heck there are some great looking games on the 3DS but when it comes down to it, it isn't all about how great things look, it's about how GREAT the GAME PLAYS.

The 3DS will surprise you just as the Wii U will surprise you with what it can do, being the smallest and most efficient console this gen.

Edited by Sorceror12, 14 June 2013 - 05:17 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:29 AM

POPULAR

Lol @this thread.

Wii u games looked awesome. Mario and Mario Katy characters looked like something from a Pixar movie.

Smash is very early and already on its way to achieving picaresque character models.

X and bayonetta were insane.

Basically the wii u looks nearly as powerful as x1 right now.

Ps4 trumps both in the power department and that was evident.

But wii u is right up there despot being cheaper and a year older.

The x1 graphics concerned me actually. Metal gear was a lot less impressive than I hoped. Titanfsll looks ok.

Ryse looked really good.

But nothing looked like the Division or anything.

I don't see how anyone can possibly come away anything but excited about how wii u games look when built specifically for wii u.

The games look gorgeous and truly next gen.

Great job Nintendo.

Now the third parties can take notice.

#6 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:37 AM

Yeah the games look amazing now but what if they're already pushing it too it's limit? It's a scary thought that those awesome looking ps4 games are just launch games!

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:44 AM

Lol @this thread.

Wii u games looked awesome. Mario and Mario Katy characters looked like something from a Pixar movie.

Smash is very early and already on its way to achieving picaresque character models.

X and bayonetta were insane.

Basically the wii u looks nearly as powerful as x1 right now.

Ps4 trumps both in the power department and that was evident.

But wii u is right up there despot being cheaper and a year older.

The x1 graphics concerned me actually. Metal gear was a lot less impressive than I hoped. Titanfsll looks ok.

Ryse looked really good.

But nothing looked like the Division or anything.

I don't see how anyone can possibly come away anything but excited about how wii u games look when built specifically for wii u.

The games look gorgeous and truly next gen.

Great job Nintendo.

Now the third parties can take notice.

All of the Metal Gear footage we've seen thus far was designed for 7th gen consoles in mind according to an interview with Kojima, so when we see footage coming from a PS4/Xbox 1/high end PC it will look even better.

http://www.gamespot....railer-6410187/

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 14 June 2013 - 05:45 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#8 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

Now that all three systems have been reviled it's really sad to see how the Wii U stacks up to the Ps4. The Ps4 ram and GPU pretty much BLOWS the Wii u's out of the water. We are seeing some nice looking games coming out now sure 'X by monilthsoft' but how long will that last? The Ps4 specs are rather amazing, I can see this console having a very long life with the 7GB of GDD5 ram and.. Wii U only has 1 of GDDR3 :(

The Xbox one though I despise it, has a good build and is middle of the road between the Wii U and Ps4. I really think the Wii U will suffer in the later years.

bring on the flames.

I really wish the Wii U had at least 4 Gbs of dd3 ram. The GPU in the xbox alone is TWICE as powerful as the Wii U's.

If that was the case the Wii and the 3DS would have flopped. Try again.

Signature_DK.png

#9 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

I actually stated this on another thread, Wiiu games looked great visually but in a year or 2 it will be dehydrated but like most people who bought/want a Wiiu I think it was always intended to be a secondary system. Also this isn't to say the Wiiu will fail or suck in fact I think the system will have enough great games to justify my purchase, but it will not be my primary system.

#10 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

Yeah the games look amazing now but what if they're already pushing it too it's limit? It's a scary thought that those awesome looking ps4 games are just launch games!

Not possible. But a great engine, artstyle and power go a LONG way which is what we will see from nintendo.

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

The Wii U is new too. Your point doesn't make the most sense.

Signature_DK.png

#12 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

sorry but the op is right, the wii u at the moment is horse scat, I mean its just sat there doing nowt, I have to wait ages for anything decent to come out FFS, windwaker till October ffs, that's 4 friggin months away, might as well pack it away, least it wont gather about a centimetre of dust!

I also think, that if you all thought the wii u was brilliant, you would not be in here bored reading posts like this, you would be playing the damn thing lol

Edited by Skywalkman-GB, 14 June 2013 - 06:39 AM.

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#13 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

sorry but the op is right, the wii u at the moment is horse scat, I mean its just sat there doing nowt, I have to wait ages for anything decent to come out FFS, windwaker till October ffs, that's 4 friggin months away, might as well pack it away, least it wont gather about a centimetre of dust!

Your comment makes no sense. On one hand agreeing with OP, then saying you have no good games to play. OP's point was regarding his thoughts of the Wii U's power compared to Xbox One. Not having games to play has nothing to do with this thread.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#14 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

Why?

Because there are enough people Jizzing their pants over X. We no nothing about the gameplay, we have just seen it's graphics and open world. Now Imagine that times four.

Edited by Leon1989, 14 June 2013 - 06:42 AM.

#15 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

Because there are enough people Jizzing their pants over X. We no nothing about the gameplay, we have just seen it's graphics and open world. Now Imagine that times four.

Still don't see the point you are trying to make. Many acknowledge (including me) that PS4/Xbone (especially PS4) will certainly show their power even more as the generation unfolds.

The reason many are excited about X is because the Wii U has not had many titles showcasing it's capabilities in the type of open world game the "Untitled Game" is. Wii U owners have been constantly barraged by ignorant people claiming Wii U is worse then PS360 in terms of power, that it's CPU clocked at 1.24 Ghz is a joke and that it can't even handle games like Assasins Creed 3, Batman Arkham City, BLOPS 2 etc without performance issues.

Again, my question to you is why should the Wii U be as powerful as the Xbox 1? It doesn't have to be, doesn't need to be. 

#16 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

Your comment makes no sense. On one hand agreeing with OP, then saying you have no good games to play. OP's point was regarding his thoughts of the Wii U's power compared to Xbox One. Not having games to play has nothing to do with this thread.

It is releated!, because if the wii u had decent power, then other devs would make games for it, even port  multiplatform games, porting games easily and quickly without spending a few years learning  how to gain all the consoles power requires the destination console to be more powerful, much like when 360 games get ported to PC, the wii u is not underpowered compared to the 360, but is when you need to do direct ports quickly, devs had a few years to get to know the ps3 and 360 so they have no issues, The Wii does not have the luxury of time now, especially now the 2 powerhouses xbox one and ps4 are coming, the wii u is left behind! I am so disappointed and feel ROBBED!!!!

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

POPULAR

It is releated!, because if the wii u had decent power, then other devs would make games for it, even port  multiplatform games, porting games easily and quickly without spending a few years learning  how to gain all the consoles power requires the destination console to be more powerful, much like when 360 games get ported to PC, the wii u is not underpowered compared to the 360, but is when you need to do direct ports quickly, devs had a few years to get to know the ps3 and 360 so they have no issues, The Wii does not have the luxury of time now, especially now the 2 powerhouses xbox one and ps4 are coming, the wii u is left behind! I am so disappointed and feel ROBBED!!!!

Gamecube was a lot more powerful than ps2, and it didnt get a fraction of the multiplats ps2 and xbox shared.

Its not about system power between nintendo and 3rd parties, and it never has been.

Id be more worried about xbone. It was supposed to be a powerhouse, and it failed to deliver on that end. Hard. And now its public enemy #1 in a variety of ways.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:59 AM

Wii U's power has nothing to do with thirds parties not releasing games on the system. Wii U is getting some strong 3rd party games, from Ubi and Activision. Third party problems are that of budgets, publishing/licensing/exclusivity deals, marketing/PR, dev resources etc.

Devs no longer need to spend as much time learning the system since Nintendo has released it's final dev kits. Example: Criterion: NFSMW U, the team only spent a few months doing the port and making it the best version of the game on any console to date while incorporating Miiverse and gamepad innovation.

You feel robbed? Call the cops!

#19 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

Again, my question to you is why should the Wii U be as powerful as the Xbox 1? It doesn't have to be, doesn't need to be. 

Because I would have gladly forked out an extra $100 on a system that can produce more visually impressive games. It also would have made things much easier in the systems life 3/4 years down the track when we are trying to get 3rd party ports over.

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

POPULAR

We know pretty much everything about its gameplay. You dont know anything.... Probably because you didnt play its predecessor.

Visual prowess doesnt scale linearly with the increase of the systems power, unfortunately, its quite the opposite.

Welcome to the law of diminishing returns.

Law-of-Diminishing-Returns.png

0bbYeO9.jpg

Edited by 3Dude, 14 June 2013 - 07:08 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!