Photo

The Wii U should have been as powerful as the Xbox one.

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#21 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

Gamecube was a lot more powerful than ps2, and it didnt get a fraction of the multiplats ps2 and xbox shared.

Its not about system power between nintendo and 3rd parties, and it never has been.

Id be more worried about xbone. It was supposed to be a powerhouse, and it failed to deliver on that end. Hard. And now its public enemy #1 in a variety of ways.ps2 wasn't

The gamecube wasn't that much more powerful, just a little, and some of the reasons for the lack of ports if I remember because Nintendo choose to use the small discs, and there was not enough pressing factories for 3rd party devs or summet, Man seems like Nintendo cant get to grip with the times

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#22 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

We know pretty much everything about its gameplay.

Jackie-Chan-WTF-meme-face-70958233396.jp

Edited by Leon1989, 14 June 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#23 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:09 AM

anyways, Im not getting a xbox one, nor a ps4, im going to get me a second hand 360 to tide me over till the zelda's and Mario's release, even call of duty is pointless playing, the only mode populated is team deathmatch

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#24 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

anyways, Im not getting a xbox one, nor a ps4, im going to get me a second hand 360 to tide me over till the zelda's and Mario's release, even call of duty is pointless playing, the only mode populated is team deathmatch

MS did say there are well over or around 100 new titles coming to 360 yet, that system has a shelf life for a few more years easily. Quite amazing. Heck, new games are coming to the DS and Wii yet too... shows you that it isn't about graphics, it's about the games. 

We know pretty much everything about its gameplay. You dont know anything.... Probably because you didnt play its predecessor.

Visual prowess doesnt scale linearly with the increase of the systems power, unfortunately, its quite the opposite.

Welcome to the law of diminishing returns.

Law-of-Diminishing-Returns.png

0bbYeO9.jpg

Got to love science.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#25 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

Jackie-Chan-WTF-meme-face-70958233396.jp

Once youve selected a creature an engaged the battle system, or the creatures ai has detected you and decided to attack, enaging the battle system, a fight starts.

Normal attacks are performed automatically according to your characters speed and other stats. as long as the character is in range of equipped weapon.

Each character has special moves they can upgrade and custom place in a hotbar and activate at any time, once used the move has a cool down time before it can be used again. Each character has a special move that can be activated by doing/takung enough damage and filling the meter.

Mechs use the same special moves as their human counterpart, but mech powered or with different status effects (example, fei's inner healing restores hitpoints, when used in his gear, weltall inner healing restores gear defense).

Oh, were going to kill god too.

Its a tetsuya takahashi game. Maybe you should try playing some sometime.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#26 CrimsonDivine

CrimsonDivine

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Tera

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

Developers have not even BEGUN to tap into the raw power of the Wii U. Leave Nintendo alone you little banana brains. This is a Wii U forum. Not a Wii U HATE forum. 

kisame.png

#27 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

for me, Ram just means they can add more shadows, if 500MB was enough to run The Last Of Us on the PS3, then 1GB ram for the Wii U is more than enough. 7GB For the PS4 i honestly don't see ANY DEVELOPER maxing out all 7 GB (besides the people that have trouble making games). Then the CPU i can see how the PS4 wins, but all developers need to do is tone down some graphics slightly and Ta-Da! It can run on the Wii U. You might be able to see a difference but it won't effect the game in the slightest.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#28 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

I saw the same msg at IGN.. is it the same poster?

#29 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

I don't want to sound like I hate you or something:

Nintendo did want to change things up with the Wii U like they do with every new consoles since the DS. Imagine a console with PS4 architecture AND with the Gamepad. That would cost a fortune! I think Nintendo should release another console in around 4 years time, maybe just a new Wii U with updated architecture when hopefully the Gamepad tech will be cheaper. 

I do agree, I wish the Wii U was more powerful though.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#30 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

Wrong. The ps4 has 8 gigs of GDDR5 and the Wii U has 2gigs of DDR3

#31 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

Wrong. The ps4 has 8 gigs of GDDR5 and the Wii U has 2gigs of DDR3

Only 1 GB is used for games WII U and 7 for PS4.

#32 Wolf

Wolf

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lego games, all of them.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

Well if you're really that bothered about the RAM and Processor why not just go and buy a PS4? Problem solved. No need to thank me :-)

#33 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

It would have been nice to have more RAM but I suppose it's not how much RAM you have it's how you use it ;)

#34 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

Regardless of whether or not the Wii U was more powerful than the Xbone and PS4 or has a large install base, third-partys would still give Nintendo the short end of the stick?

#35 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

Wii U will just be a bit more taxing on its disk drive.  Wii U games will be streaming in data far more often than the PS4 or X1.  Luckily Wii U has a pretty good disk drive, and can steam data at about 22MB/s.  So where the PS4/X1 will be loading the entire levels right into the ram, the WIi U will be steaming in the data as you progress through the level.  Honestly X has proved to me that the memory is not really an issue with Wii U.  I suppose if the Wii U was using a GPU and CPU that were a lot more powerful then maybe there would be some significant benefits to having more memory, but so far it seems like its in balance with what the processing tech can really make use of, and the only real benefit would be less loadind from the disk. 

#36 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

As others have stated I'm not concern with Wii U at all. From what at E3 its good enough. All 3 systems will bring us jaw dropping games this gen... It all comes down to what you like. Iim Wii U only this gen and proud of it.

Edited by GAMER1984, 14 June 2013 - 09:45 AM.

#37 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

It has enough power to run the PS4 and Xbone games. It just needs sales, so we can get games. Good games early=sales.We need more 3rd party games because the Wii U compared to what they are getting is a damn shame.

#38 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

* Flame shield activated* Bring on the hate.

Now that all three systems have been reviled it's really sad to see how the Wii U stacks up to the Ps4. The Ps4 ram and GPU pretty much BLOWS the Wii u's out of the water. We are seeing some nice looking games coming out now sure 'X by monilthsoft' but how long will that last? The Ps4 specs are rather amazing, I can see this console having a very long life with the 7GB of GDD5 ram and.. Wii U only has 1 of GDDR3 :(

The Xbox one though I despise it, has a good build and is middle of the road between the Wii U and Ps4. I really think the Wii U will suffer in the later years.

bring on the flames.
I really wish the Wii U had at least 4 Gbs of dd3 ram. The GPU in the xbox alone is TWICE as powerful as the Wii U's.

There are some things that I can agree with you, and some I will very much disagree.

I can agree on the necessity for more RAM, I believe 4 GB should be the minimum, with 3 GB allocated to games.

How will I disagree now? Nintendo created an optimal balance of Power and cost considering they have a GamePad to think about. If they want to create a cost effiecient machine that people will buy, then they did what they did Wii U, but if they wanted to create an uberly powerful console including the GamePad, then have fun paying $499...not to mention tax :P

I think it's current Power is pretty decent next gen wise, and the gamePad just creates another innovation
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#39 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

* Flame shield activated* Bring on the hate.

Now that all three systems have been reviled it's really sad to see how the Wii U stacks up to the Ps4. The Ps4 ram and GPU pretty much BLOWS the Wii u's out of the water. We are seeing some nice looking games coming out now sure 'X by monilthsoft' but how long will that last? The Ps4 specs are rather amazing, I can see this console having a very long life with the 7GB of GDD5 ram and.. Wii U only has 1 of GDDR3 :(

The Xbox one though I despise it, has a good build and is middle of the road between the Wii U and Ps4. I really think the Wii U will suffer in the later years.

bring on the flames.

I really wish the Wii U had at least 4 Gbs of dd3 ram. The GPU in the xbox alone is TWICE as powerful as the Wii U's.

The Wii U will suffer in a few years?! Micheal Pachter, is that you?

In all seriousness the Wii was just about as powerful as a PS2 and Xbox original :P

but it sold CRAZY! So don't be quick to judge :P

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#40 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

The wii u is at a prefect point, the xbox one is overdoing it

Signature_Fox.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic