thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

They remade them, or emulated them?

What does that mean in your opinion?

Exactly!

It means that they just played it safe and announced predictable games. Super Mario 3D World looks good but it should have been a Galaxy sequel, Rare working on another Donkey Kong was disappointing, Smash Bros and Mario Kart coming out in 2014. Basically they barely announced any game changers that will make people buy a Wii U.

#22 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Retro working on another Donkey Kong was disappointing,

Fixed.

Edited by VGCrasher, 15 June 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#23 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

those playformers are constantly Among the best selling games note do makes. Take donkey kong for example, yeah, most of you would have preferred metroid, but DK will probably sell 10x as much as a metroid game would! Platformers is EXACTLY what Nintendo needs, they sell systems and they also sell massive amounts!

I hope you are right.

#24 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

So, it's clear Nintendo likes to have at least three games for Q1 - Q2, then lay low until E3, then try to ramp up for the holidays. Well, assuming Nintendo has the games, they should hold three major directs. One in Jan 2014, announcing the launch date of SSB4 and 3DS in summer. Another glimpse at Mario Kart 8, and show us some NEW games coming either from 3rd Parties or themselves.

Then, at E3 2014, have more Best Buy location's but with bigger booths. Make it big and bright. Put these things in Malls across the country. Even host - before Super Smash Bros comes out - a huge tournament in New York City. (just guessing but isn't there a Nintendo store there?) This will generate buzz. Big thing though - DON'T FREAKING HAVE A PRE E3 DIRECT REVEALING GAMES - okay, Nintendo? Imagine having SONIC being the big surprise. Why would you do that Nintendo? And don't do that next year when you have ANOTHER big surprise for us.

And start hiring more developers this year. Buy some Indies. You need more talent.

What so you guys think?

And what would be great is if this best buy thing would be a yearly event and that we would get these demos on the eShop, oh and more than one unit at the best buys so it isn't a big mess.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#25 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

It means that they just played it safe and announced predictable games. Super Mario 3D World looks good but it should have been a Galaxy sequel, Rare working on another Donkey Kong was disappointing, Smash Bros and Mario Kart coming out in 2014. Basically they barely announced any game changers that will make people buy a Wii U.

I have a problem with the last statement. They didn't announce any surprise at E3, but they did announce a game changer with An Exclusive Partnership with Sega. Which means three exclusive Sonic games. Two of those games are known, and the last Mario and Sonic games sold many units, which those fans will obviously want the new one and to do that ... They need a Wii U.

The last exclusive Sonic game sold on Wii over one million, and same on DS. Which, again, assuming at least the Wii owners will want the new Sonic World, that will move Wii U's. And that's not including old Gen PS3 or 360 owners who are looking for Wii U because of Xbox One fiasco.

Donkey Kong on Wii sold more than any other Retro title. It moved over five million units. That was also a surprise, because very few people guess Donkey Kong as the next Retro title. Now you tell me, is a game selling barely 2 million (any Prime game) a better choice then a game that sold over five million? Yes, it's playing it safe. But that is because Nintendo needs to sell units.

Mario 3D Land sold better than Galaxy 2, and almost better than Galaxy 1. At the 13th month mark, it actually did surpass Galaxy. And you know what the biggest feature people wanted from that game? Multiplayer. Guess what the sequel has? Multiplayer. 3DS owners who loved that game will now want to buy a Wii U. And, being a bigger better game with better HD graphics, people like myself will buy this game too. Which means more Wii U's that will have to be sold.

I also believe Pikman 3 will be a big system seller. Enough people wanted it at launch. Same with Wonderful 101.

Playing it safe? Yes. Which means Nintendo is making games they know will sell Wii U's. That's their job, which will get publishers interested to make more games for us.

I'm not saying they didn't play it safe. But they are making games that will sell units and make them money.

Note: Might I also say I wasn't sold on Mario 3D World until I saw the developer interview. And I think my kids will like it too.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#26 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

Metroid and more third party stuff.

#27 XxNightfallxX

XxNightfallxX

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Blind Guardian, Elder Scrolls

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

at this point it seems that nintendo needs to say a prayer or two for some colossal miracle seeing how things are going for them as of late.

#28 GreenPenInk

GreenPenInk

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

This year into next the dominos are Pikmin, 101, Windwaker, Tropical Freeze, Super Mario, Mario Kart, SSB, X...

Imagine next year being Zelda, Metroid, 1 creative new IP, 1 mega hit multiplatform (e.g. if we got KH3 this year), announcement of Starfox in development as headliners among a slew of other releases... very hopeful but not out of the realm of possibility.

I think Starfox utilizing the gamepad as the control for your ship would be incredibly fun.  Being able to divert power into weapons, defense, engines etc. on the fly, rotating weapons, leaving smoke trails, rear view mode so you can simultaneously see what's in front of and behind you and so on. Multiplayer Starfox where instead of the usual cast the camera puts your face into the avatars. Flying with your squadron of friends in HD. Got damn. For the love of cooters give us a new Starfox already.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is next year Nintendo should give us Starfox.

zeldasig.jpg

#29 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:17 AM

What I'd like from E3 nintendo next year :

First Party - Just show the games they have annonuced for 2014 release and maybe a mario party

Exlusives - ZombieU 2 announced in a big way to entice those wanting more "mature games" , Lego City Undercover 2

Third party - ALOT of third party game support shown and highlighted

#30 Distractionwolf

Distractionwolf

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

Stop making platformers and release some real 3D games. As much as I like platformers they aren't what Nintendo needs to sell the Wii U. For every platformer a better game could have been made.

But Nintendo is practically the only one making them anymore! Its one of the few places where that genre can shine. We can either go after a 1/3rd of the FPS market share or we can click with a different customer base and bypass them entirely, yes? Maybe even do a bit of both?

Or do you only mean 2D platformers? If so I think I partly agree wit hyou there. Don't stop doing 2d platformers but certainly start making 3d ones a priority. They did say they were expanding the development teams.

Edited by Distractionwolf, 24 June 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#31 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

Good post- I think that they came out with at least enough titles to make the system more compelling.  There might be a limited library, but there are/will be at least 20 titles (including those already out) that I will want between now and next spring.

I have a problem with the last statement. They didn't announce any surprise at E3, but they did announce a game changer with An Exclusive Partnership with Sega. Which means three exclusive Sonic games. Two of those games are known, and the last Mario and Sonic games sold many units, which those fans will obviously want the new one and to do that ... They need a Wii U.

The last exclusive Sonic game sold on Wii over one million, and same on DS. Which, again, assuming at least the Wii owners will want the new Sonic World, that will move Wii U's. And that's not including old Gen PS3 or 360 owners who are looking for Wii U because of Xbox One fiasco.

Donkey Kong on Wii sold more than any other Retro title. It moved over five million units. That was also a surprise, because very few people guess Donkey Kong as the next Retro title. Now you tell me, is a game selling barely 2 million (any Prime game) a better choice then a game that sold over five million? Yes, it's playing it safe. But that is because Nintendo needs to sell units.

Mario 3D Land sold better than Galaxy 2, and almost better than Galaxy 1. At the 13th month mark, it actually did surpass Galaxy. And you know what the biggest feature people wanted from that game? Multiplayer. Guess what the sequel has? Multiplayer. 3DS owners who loved that game will now want to buy a Wii U. And, being a bigger better game with better HD graphics, people like myself will buy this game too. Which means more Wii U's that will have to be sold.

I also believe Pikman 3 will be a big system seller. Enough people wanted it at launch. Same with Wonderful 101.

Playing it safe? Yes. Which means Nintendo is making games they know will sell Wii U's. That's their job, which will get publishers interested to make more games for us.

I'm not saying they didn't play it safe. But they are making games that will sell units and make them money.

Note: Might I also say I wasn't sold on Mario 3D World until I saw the developer interview. And I think my kids will like it too.

Edited by Rockodoodle, 24 June 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#32 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

But Nintendo is practically the only one making them anymore! Its one of the few places where that genre can shine. We can either go after a 1/3rd of the FPS market share or we can click with a different customer base and bypass them entirely, yes? Maybe even do a bit of both?

Or do you only mean 2D platformers? If so I think I partly agree wit hyou there. Don't stop doing 2d platformers but certainly start making 3d ones a priority. They did say they were expanding the development teams.

I don't think that a 3D game is necessarily better than a platformer but when I heard that we could have had a Metroid instead of a Donkey Kong platformer I was very disappointed but that's just my personal opinion. Everyone believes that Donkey Kong will sell better than Metroid would, but I certainly won't be running out to buy it until a price cut. 

#33 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:53 AM

I don't think that a 3D game is necessarily better than a platformer but when I heard that we could have had a Metroid instead of a Donkey Kong platformer I was very disappointed but that's just my personal opinion. Everyone believes that Donkey Kong will sell better than Metroid would, but I certainly won't be running out to buy it until a price cut.

It's looking at the past. If Metroid was such a system seller, then it would have sold 5 million or more. But it didn't even sell 2 million. DK sold over five million copies. Usually, that's a sign of good things for the sequel of that game. It doesn't apply if the game sucked but from what I'm told it did not suck. So people bought it, people enjoyed it, and your trying to say those ppl won't want an HD DK game?

#34 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:12 AM

By next year the install base of the Wii U should be larger, by then Nintendo should drop all their hardware secrets to developers.

A large install base + the knowledge on how to utilized the Wii U's full power should be enough to make third-party devs give the Wii U a second thought.

#35 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

It's looking at the past. If Metroid was such a system seller, then it would have sold 5 million or more. But it didn't even sell 2 million. DK sold over five million copies. Usually, that's a sign of good things for the sequel of that game. It doesn't apply if the game sucked but from what I'm told it did not suck. So people bought it, people enjoyed it, and your trying to say those ppl won't want an HD DK game?

I personally won't be someone running out to buy a platformer for $60. 

#36 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

I personally won't be someone running out to buy a platformer for $60.

And that's fine. I will be buying that game when it comes out, and if Nintendo and I are correct, so will 5+ million more people.

#37 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

MarioKart and Olympics for sure.... Probably will for Donkey Kong and then maybe one of Bayonetta or X.....

Will probably then wait for the rest to come down.

And that's fine. I will be buying that game when it comes out, and if Nintendo and I are correct, so will 5+ million more people.

#38 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

I hope so. 

Whatever gets more consoles to sell benefits me in the long run. 

#39 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

Oh yeah, I want those too. And every game pretty much shown. Lol I'm going to be broke.

MarioKart and Olympics for sure.... Probably will for Donkey Kong and then maybe one of Bayonetta or X.....

Will probably then wait for the rest to come down.

#40 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

Let Nintendo release the "safe" titles in the opinions of some... this way the Wii U base can grow larger, then Nintendo can risk time and resources having a dev do a Metroid or a new IP, which may or may not do well in the next year or two.

Edited by Sorceror12, 27 June 2013 - 05:26 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!