Photo

Where the hell are their NFC and dual gamepad games?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

They don't though, they come with their own bases.

Here's the thing.  Nintendo obviously held back on a lot of things at e3, because their mission going in, along with alternate plans based on what Sony and MS were doing, was to show gameplay.  Not bullshots, not pure CG reels, not conceptual stuff.  Just gameplay.  That is what they did.  They showed us every game that they have that they were comfortable showing a lot of gameplay, and games that they were comfortable with being played on the showfloor.  The only game that wasn't on the show floor was X.

There was no Yarn Yoshi, no SMTxFE, no talk of updates, no talk of hardware, no talk of gamepad, none of that.  They said it was all about the games, and they told the truth 100%.

Well yeah, but we're just wondering if any games use the NFC feature. 

#22 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that yes, they put NFC in the controller for a reason and will eventually use it. They either don't have a game yet that does or we're not ready to announce one if they do.

Infinity and Giants both use NFC but come with their own bases even in the WiiU versions.

#23 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

I could see NFC being used more, if the 3DS had NFC (pairing, communications between pokemon for Wii U and for 3DS). As it stands I can't see much of a use that wouldn't require the nfc source to be fixed to the gamepad (for example, Skylanders has to be constantly on the base so you can't just send the monster in then hand the statue to a friend so he can deploy the monster on his console at the same time).

It could be used to communicate with a device that contains a token (like a pokemon or something) that is received from one console or device then transmitted to the other console.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#24 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that yes, they put NFC in the controller for a reason and will eventually use it. They either don't have a game yet that does or we're not ready to announce one if they do.

Infinity and Giants both use NFC but come with their own bases even in the WiiU versions.

Yeah. I guess it'll only be for first party games. 

I was thinking about Infinity and Skylanders using it, but they probably make more money selling their own.

#25 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

http://www.polygon.c...-small-payments

aside from games,

"We are also exploring the possibility of using Wii U's NFC functionality to provide a method for settling small payments in addition to creating new gameplay experiences," said Iwata in an investor briefing today.

Nintendo is considering using Suica, an RFID smart card used for train fare in Japan, for NFC payments on Wii U. Iwata noted that if the Nintendo went through with it, the Wii U would be the first video game console to offer payments with an e-money card connected to the web. The company believes that such functionality would help to "expand the potential of Wii U's digital business."

"We can make it dramatically easier for consumers to make payments, particularly small payments," said Iwata, adding that "Nintendo can expand its business opportunities that take advantage of small payments that were difficult to monetize in the past."

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!