#1 dustinb12

dustinb12

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    CM Punk, Zelda, Mario, Batman, ECW

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:18 AM

i use a sony receiver dh510 with 5.1 channels and i finished TP and play wwe 13 all the time on my wii u. i used the pro logic movie setting on my receiver and it sounded great for TP and of course Nintendoland and Mario wii u. i personally prefer to use the automatic setting AFD Auto (while watching movies and playing games) and have recently tried it with wwe 13. i find the two speaker lpcm sounds fantastic, although i miss the virtual surround sound. my question is are all the wii u games going to be in lpcm? i ask because now im looking into some good bookshelf/ possibly floor standing sony front speakers. suggestions are more than welcome

Save the Deku trees!

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

Actually, yes, Nintendo chose lcpm as its standard for wii u.... And its the only way youll get surround out of it.

http://www.gamefaqs....-wii-u/64891724

So either make sure your new setup supports it, or look for a converter.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Wolf

Wolf

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lego games, all of them.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

My ONKYO amp can deal with LPCM so I'm ok. I've yet to try it through my amp though as I've only just set it up via HDMI pass through. Any idea what games use surround sound?

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

My ONKYO amp can deal with LPCM so I'm ok. I've yet to try it through my amp though as I've only just set it up via HDMI pass through. Any idea what games use surround sound?

All wii u games should.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Wolf

Wolf

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lego games, all of them.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

Just tried it and Super Mario plays as PCM multichannel stereo. Little bit different to my PS3 which plays as PCM multichannel surround. Hmm. Maybe there's some setting I can change on the Wii U like I can on the PS3

#6 dustinb12

dustinb12

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    CM Punk, Zelda, Mario, Batman, ECW

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

on my receiver there are quite a few different settings, all this time i've been using pro logic music, but multi station would work as well as the preset sony cinema sounds which did not sound good. twilight princess, nintendoland and mario wii u sounded great with pro logic music or movie setting. out the blue the other day i set the receiver to AFD auto which plays whatever you're doing/watching in the format it came with. so even with the wii u set to surround, it came through as lpcm through the two front speakers and sub only. and sounded fantastic. im plenty fine with not having dolby, it was pointless on the gc and wii  if it wasn't the digital anyway. my mission is to upgrade my front speakers to maybe some floor standing sony's to match my receiver. i have what came in the box and its time to upgrade after hearing the wrestling come smashing through the living room. Lookout super luigi u!

Save the Deku trees!

#7 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

All wii u games should.

New Super Mario Bros. U doesn't.

Unfortunately the Wii U games packaging doesn't indicate on the back what sort of audio output they support.

#8 Wolf

Wolf

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lego games, all of them.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

New Super Mario Bros. U doesn't.

Unfortunately the Wii U games packaging doesn't indicate on the back what sort of audio output they support.

That's a shame really because yet again it falls behind in the race. I use my Amp all the time for that added sense of a good sound.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lpcm, speakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!