#1 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

http://mynintendonew...with-new-zelda/

I'm really hoping for a shake up in the Zelda formula, looks promising top hear this. So long as at its core it's a Zelda game 

#2 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:43 AM

Interesting find... I'd like to see how this works out! If you can't tell, I'm a big fan of Skyrim.

Posted Image

#3 Viridi

Viridi

Goddess of Nature

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

As long as they implement what made Skyrim good and build upon that, I'm fine with it.

5pjF3yM.png?1?7338

"Nice shot if I do say so myself! Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off without you!"

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

I think they just meant the open worldness of those type of games. I think they Zelda Wii U is gonna be a massive scale open world adventure. Imagaine Zelda ina world like X(I mean the openness of it). Its going to be jaw dropping.

#5 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

Sandbox games are the hip new thing. I would love to see Zelda open world.

Signature_DK.png

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

Sandbox games are the hip new thing. I would love to see Zelda open world.

Zelda used to be open world. Aunoma made a much much more important statement where he realized what went wrong with Zelda, they were too polished, too careful to make sure every aspect was correct, and in place, and the player had to do precicely what the player was supposed to do.... And that made the games more robotic and less enjoyable.... It blew my mind, this was the very thing I have been complaining about for years, and its not just zelda, its whats been happening to metroid as well.

Ill try and find it. Anyways, at no point at all during this did I get the impression That Aunoma was going to make Zelda more like skyrim.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

Zelda used to be open world. Aunoma made a much much more important statement where he realized what went wrong with Zelda, they were too polished, too careful to make sure every aspect was correct, and in place, and the player had to do precicely what the player was supposed to do.... And that made the games more robotic and less enjoyable.... It blew my mind, this was the very thing I have been complaining about for years, and its not just zelda, its whats been happening to metroid as well.

Ill try and find it. Anyways, at no point at all during this did I get the impression That Aunoma was going to make Zelda more like skyrim.

I noticed that also. Nothing beats exploring and doing stuff in the order you prefer.

Signature_DK.png

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:12 AM

I noticed that also. Nothing beats exploring and doing stuff in the order you prefer.

Yeah, but I suspect maybe it wasnt just that.There was always an order the dungeons were meant to be done in, since the very first game,  Its not that we wanted to do the dungeons in the order we preferred, but that we would come across them in different orders than the director intended just by naturally exploring and playing the game. We used to have to FIND the dungeons. That doesnt really happen anymore. Now we are hand guided on a strict path that culminates, every single time, in being led directly to the dungeon the game wants us to do next.

The sense of freedom and exploration is gone. That FEELING Aunoma is talking about, is gone in Modern zelda.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

Being a massive elder scrolls fan, This news brings me great happiness. Imagine the open worldness of skyrim and the perfect combat system and dungeons of zelda, mixed together to create the ultimate video game!! Now that would sell systems, and go down in history!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#10 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

Zelda U needs to be like the first Zelda for NES: big and diverse world and being able to explore (with limits of course) dungeons without following a specific order.

Being able the find the dungeons instead of them just being there would be great!

#11 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

Can't wait to see what's going to happen. I only played skyrim a tiny bit. I don't get into rpgs like that to much.

#12 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

Oh my god. A gigantic open world legend of zelda is definitely something i would buy. 

86c.gif

#13 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

Also sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but there will be a unique artstyle, not realistic: http://mynintendonew...ique-art-style/

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Also sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but there will be a unique artstyle, not realistic: http://mynintendonew...ique-art-style/

Awesome.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

Awesome.

I'm reeealy hoping for a Steampunk Zelda with people, creatures and things made from leather, copper and brass! :D

Figures_AS27_Bronze_Brass_Copper_Metal_F

Edited by Penguin101, 15 June 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#16 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

The one at E3 2011. plz

#17 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

The one at E3 2011. plz

He's already said it wont be like that. It will be a new art style not seen before in the Zelda series. E3 2011 was an HD version of TP

- Unique art style that shows off HD, I don't mind not having a more realistic art style, but it really has to showcase the Wii U's 1080p 60 frames visuals, I'm already liking the details on Link in SSB, so any art style that can contains lot of nice details and textures. Whether it be like a Pixar/Dreamworks animated feature in art-style, a more detailed Skyward Sword (like Bioshock Infinite) or something really unique like my brass, copper and leather world with a Steampunk setting, or hell even the yarn world will do.

- Large open world with the only areas that need loading are the dungeons

- Link is not alone....

fig1) play and switch between three other unique characters, or get a friend to grab a controller and play the game online or local co-op.

fig2) Play different versions of Link from alternate timelines and alternate art-styles, with either character switching or local/online co-op (see figure 1)

- Dungeons can be completed in different ways, in different orders

- Side-questing is sandbox and varied, other friends on Miiverse can create challenges and side-quests for you to complete via Miiverrse

Edited by Penguin101, 15 June 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#18 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

A more open world Zelda would be nice.  So long as the large open world has stuff to do in it.  It was always fun to walk into the Forest Temple of OoT with all three tunics, the iron boots, the biggoron sword, and 3 extra heart containers cause I screwed around outside.

#19 Wolf

Wolf

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lego games, all of them.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

Great thread. I can't imagine anyone complaining at an en world style Zelda game. If they could capture half of the feeli g that Skyrim gave me when I first played it then this game will be a fine one.

Could be the game of the decade.

#20 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

The one at E3 2011. plz

It looks like that's what it's gonna look like.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!