#1 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:08 AM

Hey! Haven't posted any topics lately, I'm sorry -- Anyway, as you probably know, I'm a big fan of Super Smash, and, as we kept talking about the game on the community, I noticed few things that I think might be interesting to share with you.

(I know there are many SSB topics on every boards, but I'm this one deserves a topic of his own.)

1. Design

Notice how many characters got an upgrade visually or a revamp? And I'm not talking about HD...

• Link's design is not like anything we've seen (although somewhat close to SS' one, but that's arguable).

This has been posting by our friend Falconberg on the E3 board on this topic: http://thewiiu.com/t...n-ssb4-trailer/

• Animal Crossing's Villager was introduced to the series with his old design, which has been revamped in New Leaf. Could this suggest that New Leaf's design is only provisional and not definitive? I don't think so. That makes me question that weird decision. One other possibility is that they chose this design because it's more representative of the series as a whole.

animal-crossing-new-leaf-outside-house-c

New Leaf

ssb4villager_8118.png

SSB's ACV.

• Notice how Fox's design is near Command's one. It might suggest that future SF's might take that design as the definitive one, whuch I disapprove, but that's just me.

character-fox.pngzicon_fox_narrowweb__300x574,0.jpg

• Samus' design is way cooler, but no need to go further into detail for that.

2. Stages

• Boxing Ring from Little Mac. I would be suprised to see him in the game as a playable character though.
  • Skyloft from "The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword". Really similar to Delfino Plaza in SSBB.
  • Train from Spirit Tracks. (I called this one more than a year ago on the forum. Exactly as they showed it, I'm so happy lol).

3. Sakurai's decision

He removed tripping. I know we're all really happy about that, but it shows something really important: Sakurai is listening to his fans. That's the main reason for the inclusion of Megaman in the roster. This might as well suggest that Skull Kid might be included (believe it or not, it's a very popular character).

4. Physics

It's too early to say, but as you might know, Melee's physics were different from Brawl. Melee's was faster, and gravity was more infuent. Brawl's were more aerial, allowing mid-air fights really easily. Brawl's physics were as much hated as loved, so I'd say it might be between both styles, time will tell.

Posted Image

#2 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

Thank you for spending your time writing this post:

Though I must add that when Mega man throws his metal blade at mario, he loses coins... what's that about? 

PIC: 

Spoiler

Mario wants to be the new Sonic? 

Edited by Pikmin Pie, 16 June 2013 - 10:05 AM.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#3 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

Though I must add that when Mega man throws his metal blade at mario, he loses coins... what's that about? 

PIC: 

Spoiler

That's just CGI. I don't think he actually loses coins during gameplay.

#4 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

That's just CGI. I don't think he actually loses coins during gameplay.

You know what, ignore what I said I just realized that there is Coin battle mode in melee and brawl.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#5 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

PIC: 

Spoiler

Thanks man!

Oh and for Mario, it might just be a teaser for coin battle, or simply that we're associating coins to Mario. I wouldn't overthink that, but who knows?

Posted Image

#6 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

Yes! I agree 200% with Fox's design. I despised his Brawl design with a passion.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#7 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

This game will most likely be faster paced than Brawl.

#8 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

Yes! I agree 200% with Fox's design. I despised his Brawl design with a passion.

Really? Melee's was even worse IMO. lol I've simply been hoping for a StarFox Adventure design or skin...

This game will most likely be faster paced than Brawl.

Why? You mean, knowing the fact that Sakurai is listening to his fanbase?

Posted Image

#9 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

Really? Melee's was even worse IMO. lol I've simply been hoping for a StarFox Adventure design or skin...

I find anything better looking than his Brawl design. His SFA design would be nice to see though. A young looking Fox would be a cool addition to Smash Bros.

Personally if I could see any one of Fox's designs brought to Smash Bros. I would love to see his Assault design make it. That's by far my favorite.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#10 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

I find anything better looking than his Brawl design. His SFA design would be nice to see though. A young looking Fox would be a cool addition to Smash Bros.

Personally if I could see any one of Fox's designs brought to Smash Bros. I would love to see his Assault design make it. That's by far my favorite.

Assault. Please. I loved Assault

#11 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:32 AM

Sakurai said that the next Smash Bros will be slower than Melee but fafaster than Brawl.

http://nintendo3dsbl...rawl-and-melee/

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 17 June 2013 - 05:33 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

I strongly dislike sfa, but i will admit any day of the week its easily the strongest fox design right up with melee fox.

But guh, anything but this command design they keep using.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

But guh, anything but this command design they keep using.

I know. And then all the other "additions" they made to him in Brawl made it even worse. (I prefer not say what it is...) (I bet you might know...)

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#14 Kirby

Kirby

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft Nintendo

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

I know what you are trying to say and I comepletely agree to you Villager. I also don't want to say why.

I strongly agree to you Villager.

kirby_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

#15 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

I don't know what you're trying to say... Is it just that he was a lot worse in Brawl than in Melee? I didn't really use him much, so I don't know the details of using him

#16 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

Sakurai said that the next Smash Bros will be slower than Melee but fafaster than Brawl.

All right, as long as they reintroduce gravity to the game...

#17 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

Thanks for providing the link. It's interesting. I think it's a good thing. I mean, the main reason why I lose fights in Brawl is by miscalculating a jump, or stuff like that.

I know what you are trying to say and I comepletely agree to you Villager. I also don't want to say why.

I strongly agree to you Villager.

But but but what is it about? I feel noob.
Posted Image

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

I toss all logic out of the window for this game because regardless it will be amazing........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!