Photo

Have you ever experienced a natural disaster?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

Meaning have you ever experienced earthquakes, flood, hurricanes, heavy thunder storms, avalanches, volcano eruptions, tsunamis in real life.

I remember feeling my first earthquake, it was Summer 2008 when I called my friend over to play the new PS3 I bought which he first showed me his and soon after I got mine, so I waited and rested on my couch in like 11 in the morning, I was about to go to sleep, then I heard a loud noise while my window shades were shaking like if there was a riot and people were knocking at my windows and doors, I jumped out of my resting position hearing and seeing something I never experienced, I quickly went to my mom's room and while I got there she was already out the door telling me to warn my brother and get him out of bed, we went to the closest door which was the kitchen and once we were out it stopped, my mom laughed and said I looked pale white, scared sh**less, I was really scared that I actually felt an earthquake for the first time, I think it was a 7.0 I'm not sure but it really startled me, then after that happened the recent years I always feel mini earthquakes and always stay frozen and not moving anything until it responds. Then I kept wondering for some funny reason in an online match, a dude with a mic just starts having a conversation or trash talking then all of a sudden an earthquake happens and then starts panicking and changing his attitude because of an earthquake.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 XxNightfallxX

XxNightfallxX

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Blind Guardian, Elder Scrolls

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

I experienced two earthquakes in my life, once when I was in middle school which was around 2001 and the other when I was a lot younger.

#3 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

When I was in Hawaii, apparently there was an earthquake while I was on a tour bus. I think someone said it was a magnitude 5. I slept through it though. So I didn't get to experience it. ;-;

#4 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

Yea a lot of minor earthquakes the most was 4.4

#5 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

Hurricane Sandy.

#6 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

Losing all my Digimon World 2003 data to water damage.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#7 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

Small tornado ripped through my neighborhood in late March 2011. The damage was minor, some fences got demolished and a stop sign was crooked. I'm pretty sure someone's grill was in their pool. Tropical Storm Debby in June 2012, no damage, just an hour long power outage. Most recently was Tropical Storm Andrea from a few weeks back, did absolutely nothing in my area.

#8 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

i experienced a 2.0 earthquake that i didnt notice til 5 hours after i was told it happened, but thats it

wa3Nq7j.png

#9 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

Does a real lock down count? Two dudes had BB guns... yeah... no one died... XD

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#10 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

Small earthquake a few years ago, as well as getting a s#it ton of rain from tropical storms that end up near Maryland. It got so bad one day that I got locked in from school due to a flood.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#11 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

I live in NY so I've experienced Sandy technically, although it was nothing more than a strong storm in my area. Also a minor earthquake a few years back iirc. Nothing too serious.

Posted Image

#12 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

I've seen a volcano eruption but it was very weak

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

That awkward moment when several people in the shopping centre where I work ask at the same time if I felt the earth shake while im spinning a near full jug of hot cappuccino milk, and with my scalded right hand im like "nope".

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

I went through three hurricanes in Florida during the 2004 hurricane season. H. Charlie knocked out the power for one whole week and Florida is a pretty hot place, so you can imagine how I felt through with one week without power. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#15 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

I experienced Hurricane Katrina after it had moved into the midwest. In June 2008, a tornado got within a few miles of my house. It went on to destroy nearby valleys, houses and buildings.

Posted Image

#16 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

I experienced a hurricane once, I don't remember the name cause I was like 4, but I do remember asking my mom if I could go play in the "jumbo waves" and she said no so I threw a little hissy fit. I was a little B***h.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#17 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

I had a hurricane on my birthday last year, so there's that. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#18 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

Hurricane Sandy in New York City. If it can be considered a disater, of course.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#19 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

I suppose I'm lucky, I live in the UK we are an incredibly boring country, but wait! That's a good thing, the two that stick out the most for me was a mini Tornado in Birmingham about 4 years ago that managed to topple 3 houses and a very, very small earthquake that measured less than 1 on the ricter scale, that was about 5 years ago, I live right next to Birmingham in Solihull, my heart does go out to all those who are unlucky enough to live in certain deadly areas, honestly, I probably couldn't live there myself, I don't think I would ever be able to comfortably settle down.

#20 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:43 AM

I was at my grandparents house in japan. It was summer and an earthquake at 7.4 started. Kinda cool experience.

28gxdv8.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!