#1 rosemary654321

rosemary654321

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Star Fox, Mario, Zelda

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:37 AM

This is why they should make Super Mario Sunshine 2.
Super Mario Sunshine was one of the best Super Mario games ever for three reasons.
1. The upbeat tropical setting and music makes you want to play it over and over again.
2. An imersive style of gameplay, there's somthing satisfying about cleaning up dangerous paint or hovering with water from a talking robot strapped to your back.
3. So many secrets scattered all over Delfino Plazaand the many areas of Delfino Island but whose to say the next one has to be in that area.

Oh and its Mario.

Edited by Feld0, 01 September 2011 - 01:59 PM.

#2 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

I'm all for a Super Mario Sunshine 2, whether it'd be on the 3DS or the Wii U. I've never played the original, but a lot of people have said that it was a very good game, so I'd like a new Sunshine game. Failing that, the original game on the Wii U's Virtual Console would also be very nice.

#3 rosemary654321

rosemary654321

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:50 AM

I'm all for a Super Mario Sunshine 2, whether it'd be on the 3DS or the Wii U. I've never played the original, but a lot of people have said that it was a very good game, so I'd like a new Sunshine game. Failing that, the original game on the Wii U's Virtual Console would also be very nice.

Yes a Wii U or 3DS version would be very nice or maybe both and have some kind of conectivity between the two. It would be expensive but its an idea.

#4 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

I believe a sequel will be great since I never played the original and this will also allow the developers to improve on things that some people didn't like in the original.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#5 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

I think the director of Super Mario 3D Land has said that he wants to remake Sunshine on the 3DS so maybe that could spark interest in a sequel.

#6 Makar

Makar

Grand Curator of Random Facts

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pikmin, Tales of..

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

I think the director of Super Mario 3D Land has said that he wants to remake Sunshine on the 3DS so maybe that could spark interest in a sequel.

I was just about to reply with that when I seen you posted it first.

I think a Sunshine 2 would probably work best on a 3DS but then again we haven't seen much of the Wii U yet.
Posted Image

#7 Anomandaris

Anomandaris

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:52 PM

I already have sunshine but it would be awesome to put on wii u vc. It is so fun, and delfino island is so awesome.:)
Posted Image

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

I wouldn't mind if FLUDD came with this:
http://en.wikipedia....ater_jet_cutter

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

I wish!

Super Mario Sunshine is my favorite 3D Mario platformer. I don't know if they'd ever actually do a sequel to it, but I would be happy if they did because I'd love to see the return to the less linear Mario platformers. Sunshine was actually a nice balance, you had the regular levels which were all open-ended, but then you had the Secrets which were more linear. As much as I enjoyed the Super Mario Galaxy series, I'd much prefer to have open-ended levels.

If they were to make a sequel, I definitely want it on the Wii U. It'd be a really pretty theme to introduce Mario to HD.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

I don't know if I want a Super Mario Sunshine sequel per se, but something along the lines thereof wouldn't hurt anyone. I mean, it doesn't necessarily have to be Delfino Island, or to have FLUDD, but the open levels were nice.

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

I wish!

Super Mario Sunshine is my favorite 3D Mario platformer. I don't know if they'd ever actually do a sequel to it, but I would be happy if they did because I'd love to see the return to the less linear Mario platformers. Sunshine was actually a nice balance, you had the regular levels which were all open-ended, but then you had the Secrets which were more linear. As much as I enjoyed the Super Mario Galaxy series, I'd much prefer to have open-ended levels.

If they were to make a sequel, I definitely want it on the Wii U. It'd be a really pretty theme to introduce Mario to HD.

If I'm correct, Sunshine was a tad bit linear in some parts, such as the specific missions where events only happened in that one mission. Plus, I find the Galaxy games not to be as linear as what everyone thinks. While you do have to solve that one star on the missions it's under, you still have multiple ways of getting to the final boss, Similar to Sunshine. If anything, Sunshine was more linear, forcing you to play up to mission 7 in each world before you could make it to the final boss.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#12 rosemary654321

rosemary654321

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

What if you were on Delfino Island for the most part but you could also travel to other places from previous Mario games and even have some classic side- scrolling levels. Wouldn't be cool to see FLUDD in side-scrolling action.

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:17 PM

What if you were on Delfino Island for the most part but you could also travel to other places from previous Mario games and even have some classic side- scrolling levels. Wouldn't be cool to see FLUDD in side-scrolling action.

You mean Sonic Generations? OKAY!

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

The WiiU's power could bring in an enormos mario game, Huge plaza, dozens if not hundreds of levels, thousands of secrets & eastereggs. It could be the biggest mario game to date, but nintendo wants mario to appeal to everyone and a huge game may repel some. oh well, i can dream.
Posted Image

#15 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:45 AM

I wouldn't mind if FLUDD came with this:
http://en.wikipedia....ater_jet_cutter

~Points it at a Goomba~ SAY HELLO TO MA LITTLE FRIEND.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#16 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

I'd love to see a sequel but I think they should make a oringanl Super Mario first but then Make a New Super Mario Bros. With Little Big Planet with a good normal mode then I'd like to see SMS2 IMO.
Posted Image

#17 bloop2424

bloop2424

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:14 PM

No reason for there not to be one...
Some new things I want to see are a propeller for FLUDD to swim faster, FLUDD being able to use ice as well as water (maybe even fire, like in LM2), and of course: Yoshi!
Posted Image
Click my license if you would like some shiny nickles.

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:23 PM

and of course: Yoshi!

You know what? Let's just take out Mario from the equation.

That's right. Super Yoshi Sunshine!

AuzzieWingman.png

#19 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:02 AM

I would like either a SM64 2 or SMS 2, make it with maxed out graphics and a loooooooong gameplay.

#20 Metroid

Metroid

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:23 AM

First Super Mario 64 2, then Super Mario Sunshine 2.

I WANT SM64 2 NAO! D=
I like Super Mario 64...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mario, Super Mario Sunshine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!