• 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

If the wii U can do this:

monolith-soft-x-wii-u_6.jpg

And the wii U can do this

mario-kart-8.jpg

I'm pretty sure the wii U could do this.

ncKH3PS4_10.jpg

When did they say the Wii U can't run it? They just said it doesn't support DirectX 11 (which is silly) so they can't put it on there.

#42 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

When did they say the Wii U can't run it? They just said it doesn't support DirectX 11 (which is silly) so they can't put it on there.

Its extremely silly.

The ps4 cant support dx anything.... But where was it announced?

Oh well, good thing i dont care for kh in the slightest. Otherwise id be bummed.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#43 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

I've never played these games, but I know people who have! They say it is amazing, so this is dissapointing, although not surprising.

Edited by BanjoKazooie, 19 June 2013 - 04:33 PM.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#44 ifrit05

ifrit05

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

I agree; the Wii U/PS4 all support OpenGL4 (or at the very minimum 3), which is basically the equivalent to DX11.1 API (and then some). There should be no reason why it isn't possible for KHIII to run on the Wii U.

And yeah, "It doesn't support DX11." is bs since DX is strictly a proprietary M$ API so why would it be on the PS4 then? SMH...

ifrit05s.png

Nintendo Network ID: ifrit05

Wii U Deluxe

#45 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

guys relax, this info came up from a speculation and from a journalist..

I saw the interview by square enix live at youtube that day... He said, ff15 will come in all platforms they support dx11 equivalent.. but ff15 is not coming for the pc either!! So pc is not supporting dx 11?

he didnt spoke about wii U or pc... he said only the thing I have in bold.

Edited by Plutonas, 19 June 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#46 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

This is simply getting ridiculous now, it's like developers are too lazy to try or don't want to try. The Wii U is more than capable of doing what the XBone/PS4 does to a slightly lesser degree, developers need to get their priorities in order. The Xbox One and PS4 won't be selling millions of units every month and they won't automatically have an established library. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#47 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

I'm laughing at the fact that they are making an Xbox One version, a console that is not popular in Japan or if anybody in the world wants it besides casuals that do not know the flaws behind it, and the series never once made it into a Microsoft System.

I agree that it's insane for S.E. to put any RPG on Xbox: the domain of EA sports tiles, overpriced online that should be free in the first place, and bro-dude FPS fanatics too stupid for PCs since 2001; with the same Japanese support as Taco Bell. I heard Microsoft actually paid for a ton of once PS4 exclusives to come to their XB1, so that could be a factor. 

#48 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

"Now, though, we're developing on DirectX 11, not based on the PS4 or the Xbox One. This lets us develop full-spec without worrying about individual platforms, then port it to each console in the most appropriate way. As a result, the original Final Fantasy XV runs on a pretty high-spec PC, and how close a console gets to this original depends on its specs." - Tetsuya Nomura

http://www.ign.com/a...inal-fantasy-xv

SE is so full of it! Meh the people that made them good have all already left to make Monolith Soft and Mistwalker.

#49 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

When X and Mario Kart end up looking better at release than KH3 people are going to balk at it, especially considering the people who spend the extra money on those consoles are doing it based on the hardware specs and put visuals over gameplay.

Because people buying those consoles totally aren't buying it for the great games/exclusives that they're going to have.

150002brp2.jpg 150017brp2.jpg 150004brp2.jpg

Well, you found me out. I'm not even buying the PS4 to play games. I'm buying it to spend hours upon hours gazing at grass textures and lighting effects. Don't even care about the games.

Nope. Don't care.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#50 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

More proof the Wii U should have been more powerful.

Never going to get 3rd party support if this keeps happening every gen, build another GameCube Nintendo.

#51 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

POPULAR

Never going to get 3rd party support if this keeps happening every gen, build another GameCube Nintendo.

3qwdbc.jpg

794144.png?13383682

#52 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

the only games I am interested to see is, dying light (something like that), the order and second son. I would never buy a console to play an mmo.. lol

Edited by Plutonas, 19 June 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#53 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

3qwdbc.jpg

It sure is.

#54 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:52 AM

More proof the Wii U should have been more powerful.

Gamecube lost more 3rd party support than any system in nintendo history, except the n64, the most powerful system of its generation.

But yeah, sure powers why nintendo has consistantly had horrible 3rd party support post snes.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#55 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:29 AM

Even if Nintendo can raise the install base this holiday, i believe third-party devs still won't support the Wii U.

#56 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:08 AM

Ok, can someone tell me what DX11 is and what it exactly does? All I know is that it is owned by Microsoft and it does something to graphics to make it better. Can someone show me a screenshot comparison of a gane with the exact same settings, but with DX11 on and off?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#57 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

Ok, can someone tell me what DX11 is and what it exactly does? All I know is that it is owned by Microsoft and it does something to graphics to make it better. Can someone show me a screenshot comparison of a gane with the exact same settings, but with DX11 on and off?

It doesnt do anything to graphics to make them better. Quite opposite really, its all about convenience at the expense of quality. What a system has a system has and no version of dx can change that.

DX is just a microsoft made graphics application programming interface, or api. Its basically a library that contains a bunch of graphical effects so that you dont have to make them yourself, but merely call on them. Direct3D/X frees the game programmer from accommodating the graphics hardware.

Obviously, microsoft is only going to make 1 version at a time, and not make a bunch of different versions to suit the individual needs of different architectures. Which is why open gl used to make direct x look like a joke. A bad joke.

Microsoft tackled the open gl problem with money. Lots and lots and lots of money. The end result is now most hardware is designed to accomodate dx. A very backwards and stupid notion.

However, we now have several generations of programmers who only know how to use dx, and dont actually know how to create proprietary graphics from scratch. The fruit of microsofts labours throughout the 90's.

Hence the statements at hand.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#58 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

Because people buying those consoles totally aren't buying it for the great games/exclusives that they're going to have.

150002brp2.jpg 150017brp2.jpg 150004brp2.jpg

Well, you found me out. I'm not even buying the PS4 to play games. I'm buying it to spend hours upon hours gazing at grass textures and lighting effects. Don't even care about the games.

Nope. Don't care.

Considering that most people claimed that Sony won e3 without really showing any games I think you are in the minority.  Out of those three games (well two, one is a multiplat) one is being panned already from e3 as being boring and monotonous, the other is a decent deviation in gameplay from its previous entrants.  You got me, one game that has a decent gameplay mechanic that is exclusive.  

When another, cheaper console can do the very same things with regard to gameplay and more, and can even compete visually, what motivates a person to choose one over the other?  Sony isn't making a play to their fanbase with their best exclusive franchises, and one of their most popular and wanted has been officially put on hiatus.  They made a play to consumers using a performance figure taken out of context (same thing they did with PS3), as well as taking advantage of Microsoft's mistakes.  Sony is literally going to sell you the hardware based on the hardware, not with new or even refreshed experiences.

I don't have a problem with it, I simply said that most of the people who buy a PS4 this holiday will be buying it based on the hardware and advertised maximum performance rather than what games they can play, because the games they will play exactly the same way as before.  I commend the tactic, actually.  They know there won't be a difference in gameplay or even a huge difference in visuals, but they can still attract customers by talking about whats in the box.

#59 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

3Dude, on 20 Jun 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:Gamecube lost more 3rd party support than any system in nintendo history, except the n64, the most powerful system of its generation.

But yeah, sure powers why nintendo has consistantly had horrible 3rd party support post snes.

They lost 3rd party support because devs did not want to deal with the gamecube small discs. I'm not saying the Wii U is not powerful enough for KH3 but Nintendo will never get 3rd partys if they don't make it convient to program for.

#60 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

3Dude, on 20 Jun 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:Gamecube lost more 3rd party support than any system in nintendo history, except the n64, the most powerful system of its generation.

They lost 3rd party support because devs did not want to deal with the gamecube small discs. I'm not saying the Wii U is not powerful enough for KH3 but Nintendo will never get 3rd partys if they don't make it convient to program for.

Ubisoft, Warner Bros, and Activision have all said that porting games to WiiU was "a small investment".  It didn't cost much to do, it didn't take much time once developers had tools, and still didn't use much of what the GPU has on offer feature wise. 

NFSMWU took two months to port, they didn't rewrite the engine, they just tweaked it to improve the lighting, and added in higher res textures.  All evidence points to Wii U being rather easy to develop for at least for last gen ports, because the CPU can handle everything they are throwing at it.

For next gen titles, they have to actually start using the GPU, which is a much more complicated matter, and apparently Nintendo themselves still don't have the firmest of grasps on it, at least in games they have to show thus far.  So it is easy to develop for, but complicated to optimize currently.  I agree they need to make it more convenient, but it seems they are doing just that, considering that pretty much every developer that ships a title claims Nintendo was very active in supporting them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!