Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

Nowgamer

Not every character who has appeared in previous Smash Bros titles will be appearing in Super Smash Bros - because there isn't enough time to recreate them all.

Designer Masahiro Sakurai explained the reason when NowGamer asked if all the previous characters will return.

“I can answer that: no. We don’t have the time to fully recreate every single character who’s been in Smash Bros at this point. Adding new characters is not a simple addition – it’s really multiplication. The amount of work, adding a character is multiplied and becomes bigger and bigger as you go. We can’t because of the amount of work it takes. However, I do believe I understand that each character has its own set of fans out there who really like that character. So we’re not going to cut characters out of the way, we’re going to put in as many characters as we can, we really want to do that, because it’s good for the fans and good for all of us. But in the event that we do have to cut some characters, I’d like to apologise in advance to those fans.”

#2 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:46 AM

Aw... they better keep Kirby & Pikachu!  lol 

#3 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:48 AM

I will be really dissapointed of Snake gets the axe, but he is most likely to go. At least he doesn't want to cut out anyone.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#4 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

Sadly I have a feeling Ganondorf isnt gonna make it :(

Oh how I will miss you my sweet sweet king of evil

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

DLC.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

Aw... they better keep Kirby & Pikachu!  lol 

Kirby is in smash bros no matter what. And they already announced some of the characters and both Kirby and Pikachu are in it.

DLC.

Sadly I don't think they are going to have DLC. http://www.ign.com/a...ripping-removed

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#7 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:49 AM

Kirby is in smash bros no matter what. And they already announced some of the characters and both Kirby and Pikachu are in it.

Sadly I don't think they are going to have DLC. http://www.ign.com/a...ripping-removed

I think there's a mention of no DLC yet, which I like. Wait for 2015 and the'll have a DLC pack of fighters and stuff for Smash Bros I guarantee it

#8 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

yayz! XD

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

I think there's a mention of no DLC yet, which I like. Wait for 2015 and the'll have a DLC pack of fighters and stuff for Smash Bros I guarantee it

Exactly, you should never announce you are going to have DLC before you even finish and release the game. That would be a slap in the face to your customers/gamers. Once the project is finished, on shelves and in eshops for 6 months, I bet we get a DLC pack.

Edited by Sorceror12, 19 June 2013 - 08:53 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#10 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

yayz! XD

#11 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:08 AM

I think we will see more new characters this time around and some of the less popular ones will get the axe.

#12 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

I'm hoping Ike and Pokemon Trainer make the cut and will be in SSB4.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#13 Luca

Luca

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

Oh noes this is bad news! I want all the characters back :( I hope Ice Climbers are back, because they're saying that they are having trouble with them. Hopefully they don't cut them altogether. 

And why don't they have enough time...? I'll wait if it means more characters :P

#14 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

DLC.

this.

#15 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

http://kotaku.com/do...e-nex-513203533

And what about returning characters? I knew Sakurai wouldn't want to get too specific—Nintendo likes to announce characters for their big mascot fighting series with a dripfeed of news on the Smash Bros. Dojo website—but should fans expect all of their favorites from Melee and Brawl?

"The reality of the situation unfortunately is that there are certain limitations on the 3DS," Sakurai said. The 3DS and Wii U versions of the next Smash Bros will have the same library of characters.

Looks like the limits of the 3DS are hindering the number of the character roster.

#16 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

I suspect at least a roster of 48 at the most.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#17 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

Sadly I have a feeling Ganondorf isnt gonna make it :(

Oh how I will miss you my sweet sweet king of evil

I hope you are wrong. Ganondorf is too iconic to leave out.

I think it is more likely for Sheik or Toon Link to be kicked out before Ganondorf.

#18 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

I think it is more likely for Sheik or Toon Link to be kicked out before Ganondorf.

Sheik can't leave: she's too essential for Zelda's moveset. Toon Link will probably be replaced for Girahim or something.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 19 June 2013 - 11:19 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#19 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

I hope Im wrong too, hes my favorite guy :P

Hopefully instead of giving him the axe they just change the move sets between Ganondorf and Capt. Falcon, instead of them being reskinned clones 

#20 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

My predictions : Ike, Lucario, Snake, R.O.B., Pokemon Trainer, Toon Link, and Lucas won't make the cut.

I really hope Jigglypuff doesn't make it, she's just taking up space at this point in my opinion. She's not very relevant in the Pokemon seires anymore. 

I also may be in denial about Wolf. He probably has a decent chance of being cut, but I love him too much :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!