• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

Looks really good IMO! I love the Noises it makes when you click stuff as well!

#2 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

Looks so much better than the XMB if you ask me.

794144.png?13383682

#3 ifrit05

ifrit05

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

I gotta be the only one who actually loves the XMB... IDK I'm kinda sad to see it go. But yeah, the new GUI is really nice too. It's... IDK... Fresh??? lol.

And the faces the guy makes are priceless. Lmao.

ifrit05s.png

Nintendo Network ID: ifrit05

Wii U Deluxe

#4 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

I gotta be the only one who actually loves the XMB... IDK I'm kinda sad to see it go. But yeah, the new GUI is really nice too. It's... IDK... Fresh??? lol.

And the faces the guy makes are priceless. Lmao.

I quite liked the XMB, but - as you've said - this design also looks pretty nice too.

#5 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

Wow.... That is great! love it!

#6 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:05 AM

Miiverse done perfectly.

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:44 AM

This is so cheesy! Love it!

If i do get the money i would probably get the Ps4

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:53 AM

Honestly i didn't think a lot of it but im sure it will be a great UI.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#9 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:18 AM

Looks ok, i still don't like how it is like twitter with real names and all, hope we can turn that off

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:41 AM

Looks like the xbox ui.
lol, sony can't be original.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:44 AM

Looks cool.

Kinda like the new ps3 store. I'm not that big into the facebook twitter build n stuff. But ahh if I had friends that talk n stuff it might be cool.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#12 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:32 AM

I think I still prefer my XBOX 360 interface. Sony's interfaces are just too busy for me, but I'm still getting a PS4 over an XBONE.

2lvmghw.png

#13 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

Looks almost like the Xbox 360 UI. :o Looks like Sony has been taking pointers.

Edited by Gaymer, 20 June 2013 - 06:15 AM.

#14 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

Why couldn't the Wii U have cool interfaces?...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#15 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

Looks ok, i still don't like how it is like twitter with real names and all, hope we can turn that off

Pretty sure if it asks for your real name you could just put in your user. Not like sony wouldn't let me have my real name as "AdmiralClassy" my parents might just have been odd.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#16 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

The magic of marketing.  Suddenly 25-50GB games download in 35 seconds, and the system can guess what you are going to type based on the first three letters.  Seems legit.

#17 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

The magic of marketing.  Suddenly 25-50GB games download in 35 seconds, and the system can guess what you are going to type based on the first three letters.  Seems legit.

You realize Sony already touched on the download piece, they've optimized their system to download core pieces first and download the rest in the background so you can start playing quicker. 

"For starters, it will now be possible to play games on PS4 even if the downloading is not yet completed by using the effective streaming technology used in the next generation gaming console"

http://www.cloudtwea...ilities-in-ps4/

Posted Image

#18 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

You realize Sony already touched on the download piece, they've optimized their system to download core pieces first and download the rest in the background so you can start playing quicker. 

"For starters, it will now be possible to play games on PS4 even if the downloading is not yet completed by using the effective streaming technology used in the next generation gaming console"

http://www.cloudtwea...ilities-in-ps4/

that's not what I was pointing out.  The download bar went from 0 to 50% in three seconds.  Then he got a prompt 30 seconds later that it was installed.  I don't care what streaming technology they use, it will never be that fast, unless you happen to be connected to Sony's LAN.

But, the statement you quoted is another marketing thing, so you can choose to accept it at face value and be disappointed when it doesn't work as fast as advertised, or look at how networks in real life work versus how they work in lab environments.

#19 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

that's not what I was pointing out.  The download bar went from 0 to 50% in three seconds.  Then he got a prompt 30 seconds later that it was installed.  I don't care what streaming technology they use, it will never be that fast, unless you happen to be connected to Sony's LAN.

Sure, but it's a video, did you want to watch 10 minutes of progress bar? Anyway, checking the video again, he downloaded the multiplayer portion first so it would have been a lot faster than download the whole game / campaign and all. I have Verizon FiOS 85Mbps so it would take me about an hour and fifteen minutes to download a 40GB game. 

Posted Image

#20 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

Sure, but it's a video, did you want to watch 10 minutes of progress bar? Anyway, checking the video again, he downloaded the multiplayer portion first so it would have been a lot faster than download the whole game / campaign and all. I have Verizon FiOS 85Mbps so it would take me about an hour and fifteen minutes to download a 40GB game. 

The multiplayer still shares the same assets, models, textures, physics engine, and other arbitrary game code with the campaign.  There is still a lot to download to start the multiplayer portion.

FiOS doesn't have an 85MB/s level, they have a 75MB/s level, which costs $90/month on its own.  You also assume you have great throughput to Sony, which is funny, shows how little some people understand what theoretical maximum throughput means.  The PS4 will still be limited to a certain number of concurrent connections, not enough to even scratch the surface of the pipe you have.  You will get things at around the same pace as someone with much lower bandwidth, as the connection limit will undoubtedly be optimized for the most popular broadband connection level, 15Mbps.

With a larger pipe you can do more at any given time, but it doesn't ensure that you will have a connection to a given server that is any faster (wider) than anyone else.  If they are able to increase the number of allowed concurrent connections dynamically it would be faster, but that usually makes the experience worse for those with slower connections, because you are chewing up a big portion of Sony's bandwidth.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ps4, playstation, interface, preview

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!