Photo

Xbox one will not require internet acces. and will alow used games.

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Hmmmm interesting.

But after spending all that time & money on developing the system & cloud & server-farms, how can this all be reversed so quickly ?

#22 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Now make a 100$ price drop.

PLEASE!!!!!!

If MS wants to survive, DROP THE PRICE!!! Sell the Kinect ONE separately if that means bringing it down to $399 or lower!!!

And I knew they were gonna get rid of these restrictions eventually, though I was expecting after launch from the consumer backlash. I didn't think this would happen so quickly
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#23 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

Great news for gamers, now loose Kinnect and reduce the price to be inline with PS4. I really like the look of Ryse but it won't sell me the system(hope it comes out on pc).

This does not spell good times for WiiU.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#24 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

Foe those who want Kinect sold separately, it won't happen. It's too integrated into the OS for it to be optional. Don't get me wrong; I hate the freaking thing, but it's too deeply rooted into the system.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#25 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

A win for consumers everywhere.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#26 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

I am sure there is fine print somewhere " MS reserves right to change policies at any time " or something.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#27 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:06 PM

I wonder what Ninendo will do to get out of this ditch.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#28 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

MS was FORCED to say this.

No one wanted their piece of junk.

They exposed themselves for who they really are and what they want to do to gamers and the industry.

the only reason they are backtracking is because Nintendo and Sony both laughed at their greed and abuse.

Then sony publicly stuck it to them.

And gamers thought "hey, I don't HAVE to get abused just to play next gen games! YAY!"

and everyone not ordering Wii U ordered PS4 instead.

Xbox preorders were very very very slow.

But you can be sure there is more hidden in their dark dungeon of prospective consumer abuse.

They didn't create this plan and pay software developers (and likely hardware ROM chips) to implement this feature without doing something with it.

Besides, why would anyone want an Xbox One? Serious question.

It's the most expensive, not the most powerful, has a company building it that wants to invade your privacy and control what you do with your own entertainment.

Yuck.  forget that crap.

Get the wii U for pure fun with next gen graphics and gameplay.

And if you want, get the PS4 for the most powerful and likely the most impressive graphics. 

No one is going to want Xbox when you can get the better version of the same game on PS4.

I am also thinking major developers like Kojima expressed concern directly to MS after E3. And rather than having a third party exodus due to low preorders, MS reverse there policies.  for now.

This is just damage control people.

They'll likely update the fine print very soon or even more like them, they'll update the fine print that you only see once you agree to a licensing screen the first time you boot up your console...

#29 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

Hmmmm interesting.

But after spending all that time & money on developing the system & cloud & server-farms, how can this all be reversed so quickly ?

Smoke and Mirrors, just like Seinfeld and Roy.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#30 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

People were spamming the Xbox's facebook for days with Wii you fingers.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#31 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

Microsft got pwned.

they HAD to do something.

All those smug douchey people talking on stage... just no.  

#32 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

Sure, MS can remove policies..... but they can't add back a freaking start button to Windows 8..  :laugh:

#33 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

Still getting a PS4 instead mostly just down to personal preference, I do thank Microsoft for listening as they could have just carried on and done it anyway, although I do belive they have only done this so the thing at least sells, it does prove one thing though, we gamers do matter and if we stand up for things they will change.

#34 Luca

Luca

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

Yay finally, now I can get an Xbox One :) 

Really not a fan of Sony...

The Kinect being mandatory really isn't a problem, as long as it doesn't do things like charge according to the amount of people in the room :P and I don't mind paying an extra $100 for it, I'm going to get Just Dance 2014 on it anyways, so it's good that it comes with it in the first place for me.

#35 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

Well that was quick.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#36 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

Well they finally cracked. Sadly for them I'm already dumping my money into Sony first. Perhaps next year.

EDIT:On second thought I will consider them.

Edited by Rose Red, 19 June 2013 - 03:18 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#37 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

Wow and after all that shizz they were talking about there already being 360 for those people who can't handle the requirements for the Xbone.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#38 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

Yup 

I really hate Kinect

Wii knock-off same as PS move...

This. IDGAF about Kinect, don't make it mandatory.

They are not telling us something. I'm feeling it.

... they will probably ditch controllers completely in the Xbox two/ Xbox 180 and just make us use the kinect 3.0 completely omg XD

PLEASE!!!!!!

If MS wants to survive, DROP THE PRICE!!! Sell the Kinect ONE separately if that means bringing it down to $399 or lower!!!

And I knew they were gonna get rid of these restrictions eventually, though I was expecting after launch from the consumer backlash. I didn't think this would happen so quickly

Microsoft doesn't wanna be like the Wii U... :/

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#39 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:23 PM

Too late Microsoft, the damage has already been done. They're not doing this for the fans, they're doing this in response to Sony's attack at them. $499 is still too much for a console especially one that's weaker than a PS4. And you still need online to even set up the Xbox One. Oh yeah, and they still deconfirmed mandatory Kinect accessory.   -_-

EDIT: Let me rephrase that. They're doing this because the PS4 preorders is murdering the Xbox 1 preorders. 

Edited by magiciandude, 19 June 2013 - 05:41 PM.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#40 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

M$ fegured out drm is costing them more money than making them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!