Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

POPULAR

Hi!

I spent my childhood and most of my formative years playing Nintendo, I outright rejected the PS and Xbox and never had either in my home until the PS3 which my brother bought. I skipped the Nintendo Wii but I just bought a Wii U and have absolutely no idea why.  Not to say I regret the purchase.  I just have no idea why or how a wave of nostalgia so big so suddenly hit me and convinced me to spend $1000+ on a Wii U, games, accessories and a new TV.  I didn't see an advertisement or a friend who suggested it.  A random urge, some googling and about a week later and my room is completely revamped to incorporate the Wii U and Samsung as the centerpieces.

The first games I bought along with the system were New Super Mario Bros U and Resident Evil.   Mario was fun and brought back a lot of memories but it had me thinking I was just too old to really love this anymore.  Resident Evil (first time playing one, I've never been as into the Zombie thing as a lot of people are) I bought specifically hoping it would scare me and allowed myself to only play at night after reading messed up stuff about messed up stuff on the internet and getting myself creeped out to begin with. The conehead zombies didn't scare me but my character's shadow literally made me jump in my seat several times, I lost most of that nervous fear when I saw the whole game wasn't set on that ship hahah.  Noob.

At that point I decided I needed to go to a classic.  My bread and butter Zelda.  I bought Skyward Sword and god damn I'm in love again.  I went in thinking the motion controlled swordplay would be awesome, was annoyed at how painful it seemed to be for my wrists after getting a taste and went back to being fan after refining my motions. I'm so stoked for Pikmin 3, Wind Waker, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart and Donkey Kong. I'm a completionist so the games I have currently plus I'll probably end up getting Darksiders 2 and Assassin's Creed should tide me over until Pikmin and beyond when the rest of these games start coming out.

I can absolutely see how avid supporters of Nintendo who spent major time with the Wii could be disillusioned with how things are currently but I am utterly optimistic that I'm going to have so much fun with this system.  Hopefully, with friends I make here because I don't know a single person who owns the Wii U.  Again, that speaks to some of the trouble Nintendo is/or seems to be having but I'm 100% on team "they'll figure it out."

Edit: Seems team Green is invading these boards.  :ph34r:

Edited by GreenPenInk, 20 June 2013 - 08:50 PM.

zeldasig.jpg

#2 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Welcome back! 

#3 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

Welcome aboard! =)

#4 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

Hello and welcome to our forums, I hope you enjoy your stay :D

#5 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

this is how I felt when a bought my 3DS and Wii U. Just something about turning on a Wii U feels so different and great.

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#6 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:28 AM

The Prodigal Son hath returned :D

Welcome! Come embrace us all in a Nintendo group hug :3

#7 ccccombo

ccccombo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

That's got to be the most well-written introductory post ever! Nice to hear another optimist is coming on board. One thing though: you can never be too old to enjoy Mario games!!

#8 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

Welcome back - so to speak!

Yeah, great games are coming soon enough. Enjoy your Wii U.

#9 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

Welcome to the forums!!! Have fun and stay active! I hope you enjoy your wii u

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#10 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

Welcome back! I don't recall remembering you but welcome any ways! :D I'm YoshiWiiUGamer9! :D

Edited by YoshiWiiUGamer9, 21 June 2013 - 06:05 AM.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

Welcome! 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#12 Dr Wario

Dr Wario

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

+1 for liking Skyward Sword

undOZ4c.png

#13 GreenPenInk

GreenPenInk

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome all. :)

zeldasig.jpg

#14 ugguy

ugguy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • NNID:uglyguy

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:28 AM

Hi, welcome to the forums, I can't see how old you are but you can never be too old to love mario games, there is so much nostalgia value to the series, I'm 35 and my love for the Mario franchise still burns the same as it did when I first played the first Super Mario Bros in the early 90s.

Edited by ugguy, 24 June 2013 - 05:28 AM.

#15 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

Oh. A rival optimist, eh?

Well then. Welcome to the forums, fellow buddy friendo pal!

I seriously hope you enjoy the next gen nintendo as much as everyone else here does!

86c.gif

#16 GreenPenInk

GreenPenInk

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

So far I'm enjoying it quite a bit.  Two non-Nintendo related issues are my biggest gripe. One being no Amazon Instant Video in Canada without workarounds.

zeldasig.jpg

#17 elvisbeck

elvisbeck

Blooper

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • NNID:elvisdavebeck
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

Welcome back! You can never get too old for Mario!
Hi, I'm Dave. If you wish to add me to your Wii U Friend List, my NNID is elvisdavebeck. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/user/elvisbeck., where I play Nintendo games and more.

#18 Ecorsbie

Ecorsbie

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

Welome back, I also spent a lot of time as a kid playing Nintendo......all the way back to even before nintendo I had a the Famicom.  I bought every console nintendo had......NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, and now the Wii  U.  THere was a period after the Gamecube where I stopped playing console video games and started playing World of Warcraft, I am happy to say I am back on the nintendo gig....and have my Wii U.  Welcoem back to Nintendo!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!