#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

POPULAR

Theres no bias in the gaming media.

By the way, dont click on the link, nor go to the site to post angry remarks.

Thats what they want, it makes them money.

Its why they keep posting these not good statements. Angry people with common sense post to argue about their travesties against logical thinking, brainwashed fanboys post to gloat, angry fanboys post to complain.

They all post back and forth arguing.

IGN makes money for every click.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:28 AM

Seriously no need in that. I owned a PS3 and the only game that appealed to me was Little Big Planet, (and right now, the last of us) but sold it for a Wii and owned 20 or so games for it, now i own a wii u.

His logic is, if the sony or microsoft consoles/games don't appeal to people but nintendo consoles do and you buy one, You are a softshell lizard. no questions asked...

IGN makes money for every click.

1 click = £0.00040, so they aren't gaining much from this community.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

Seriously no need in that. I owned a PS3 and the only game that appealed to me was Little Big Planet, (and right now, the last of us) but sold it for a Wii and owned 20 or so games for it, now i own a wii u.
His logic is, if the sony or microsoft consoles/games don't appeal to people but nintendo consoles do and you buy one, You are a softshell lizard. no questions asked...

1 click = £0.00040, so they aren't gaining much from this community.

Oh no dude. Ign makes way WAAAAAAYYYY more than that. Different business model. See, ign is covered in adds, they get paid MILLIONS for selling that add space, the more traffic they can generate, the more they can charge advertisors for even shorter exposure. Its by far their main source of income.

Starting fanboy riots is money in the bank for them.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

Sorry we can't all afford to buy 2 or 3 £300+ gaming devices. 

#6 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

I wish I could delete comments.

Edited by Trite, 22 June 2013 - 10:49 PM.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#7 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:12 AM

POPULAR

You can't spell ignorant withou.... well..... you get it.
Posted Image

#8 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:21 AM

eh, they're entitled to their opinion, and it didn't seem to be a "official ign stance on the wii U". It was just one guy and his opinion. Would you rather everything they said be perfectly politically correct towards everything? God, that would be boring.

#9 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

Of you enjoy fun lighthearted games that are innovative and fun over constant rehashed FPS titles, than you are obviously a low human being.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#10 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:49 AM

Sorry we can't all afford to buy 2 or 3 £300+ gaming devices. 

It's funny because they were discussing a guy who only has enough to buy one console.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#11 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:01 AM

I have a Wii, Wii U, and a 3DS, am I an a**?

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#12 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

eh, they're entitled to their opinion, and it didn't seem to be a "official ign stance on the wii U". It was just one guy and his opinion. Would you rather everything they said be perfectly politically correct towards everything? God, that would be boring.

But none of them disagreed with him, they just accepted it.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#13 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:17 AM

To be fair his comment was "your an A**hole , your missing out on alot of great games" then right after it "It's the same thing if you dont own a nintendo as your missing out on great games"  So I think he was just saying as wiiu has little third party support buy 2 e.g i'll get ps4 too. That way you can say you do experience the best games.

I see no problem with it as he said it's the same if DONT own one.

#14 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

To be fair his comment was "your an A**hole , your missing out on alot of great games" then right after it "It's the same thing if you dont own a nintendo as your missing out on great games"  So I think he was just saying as wiiu has little third party support buy 2 e.g i'll get ps4 too. That way you can say you do experience the best games.

I see no problem with it as he said it's the same if DONT own one.

Then his comment isn't offensive in its stance towards Nintendo but in its stance on video games as being some kind of crack.  I've seen the same sentiment expressed on this site - people saying they have to have multiple consoles so they don't "miss out" on "experiences."  In fact, folks, you can still have a very fun and productive life if you never play this generation's PS3 exclusives!  I promise! 

Edited by kokirii, 21 June 2013 - 06:32 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#15 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

Of you enjoy fun lighthearted games that are innovative and fun over constant rehashed FPS titles, than you are obviously a low human being.

This.

I mean the footage they showed in that video (which I had never seen before) looks so generic. I like some FPS, but not when they just look like every other FPS that's out there at the moment.

You're right that would be boring, but I prefer my journalism to be unbiased. The fact that Wii U wasn't even considered in a discussion of "which next-gen console should i buy" and they kept referring to "the two consoles" (with one moron actually admitting that he doesn't think Wii U is "next-gen") shows how unbelievably biased the gaming media is. 

Then his comment isn't offensive in its stance towards Nintendo but in its stance on video games as being some kind of cracked.  I've seen the same sentiment expressed on this site - people saying they have to have multiple consoles so they don't "miss out" on "experiences."  In fact, folks, you can still have a very fun and productive life if you never play this generation's PS3 exclusives!  I promise! 

I agree, it's not fair for people to say that you won't have fun with just one console. 

#16 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

Well that's very rude, they should've atleast said something like "Buying a Wii U only is ridiculous" or something like that. Cause it is you cannot play GCN games

The thing is, I cannot play Mario on PS4 and one so **** dat. I mean there aren't enough titles on PS4 and Xbox one that makes me go wow (one or even none)

But everyones entitled to their own opinion. 

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#17 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

You must haven't been to IGN in the last few years. This anti-Nintendo bias has existed for quite awhile.      

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#18 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

I see i'm an softshell lizard for not spending £300+ for cod and fifa + other fps.

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

That's just Ryan altano or whatever his name is.

And he explained why directly after saying it.

If you buy a Wii U only, you're an softshell lizard for missing out on third party games.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

Brian Altano is known for being like this, he obviously loves Nintendo and loves the games they make, he bought a Wii U, plays tons of their games, etc.. And what he is saying here, in the most un-delicate way possible, is that if you only get the Wii U, you are truly missing out on a ton of great third party games. Of course, on the flip side. I could say the same thing about anyone who only has a PS4 or an Xbox One. I honestly don't know what he thinks he was getting across with that comment.

I still like this guy, I still like this site, and the way this thread was posted was clearly to sensationalize IGN and Brian Altano.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!