• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

I always hate when IGN gives the minimum score for wii U.. for example the sony troll with the glasses, says.. wii U is not next gen...

but its not current gen either!!  he forgets to say that. I also dont get it, wii U supports dx11, the new comments in NEOGAF also state that.. what makes wii U last gen?   http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=6735

And they also rant the wii U version of watchdogs...

look what they say  "its horrible on wii U" 

http://uk.ign.com/vi...mentary-e3-2013

they say it in the beggining of the video..  They do their best to ditch wii U and sell other consoles.

Edited by Plutonas, 21 June 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#22 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

I was watching the video last night and I heard brian make that comment and it made me chuckle, he wasnt saying it because he's a jerk, he isnt a serious person, he's a jokester and one of the very few staff members at IGN that are tolerable to listen to

....Now if Colin Moriarty said it, that bias piece of trash would have been serious, I wish it wouldve been that d bag that left and not Audrey, her bias reviews helped even the playing field with all the disgusting amount of sony fanboys on that site 

• Xef likes this

#23 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

And immediately after he says if you don't buy a Wii U you're missing out on great Nintendo games.

#24 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

Then his comment isn't offensive in its stance towards Nintendo but in its stance on video games as being some kind of crack.  I've seen the same sentiment expressed on this site - people saying they have to have multiple consoles so they don't "miss out" on "experiences."  In fact, folks, you can still have a very fun and productive life if you never play this generation's PS3 exclusives!  I promise! 

Gaming is a hobby and there are diffrent levels like most stuff  example card games. Usually something like this :

[Loyal]

Has a starter deck and collects one main type of card. Example Pokemon fire types.  This is the ones who buy just 1 console.  They get one stystem they like the most and buy games they like. Be it Wiiu + Zeldas or XBone + FPS.  They enjoy their one console and don't "need" another.

[Mixed]

These people buy starter deck + multiple types that like or think they should own. These people in console terms will buy a ps4+wiiu for example and get games from driffrent people , diffrent types ect.. as to them they feel they need to buy more and enjoy most of the big ones.

[die hard]

Needs to collect every card in existance. In console terms they'll get all 3 big ones.  They need to get everything that's big or as much as they can anyway.

There is nothing wrong with any of theses but as opinion is based on you as an individual. Everyone makes these claims not just him. I've said before now "Oh god reality tv. Talk about worthless, bottom of the barrel shows!" or "Anyone who thinks twlight is good is an iddiot" we all do this. They only reason his comment is seen as worse here is a) Some view it as insulting Nintendo which wasn't , B) some dont want more than one console.  Plus that show while opinions is also entertainment. When ever you film stuff like this you feel you can be more vulgar or a little more "to the point" as it entertains. I've done the same thing when I record group stuff.

All that should matter to people is the following "Are you happy with your purchase?" if you bought Mario and loved it, great, if you bought halo and love it great , if you bought GTA and like it , great. As long as YOU like what you buy then who cares what some guy you'll never meet said on a video of opinions? He is entilted to his opinion as much as we are. If you buy something you hate to please or impress others then THAT is the only time you should regret your purchase.

#25 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

Gaming is a hobby and there are diffrent levels like most stuff  example card games. Usually something like this :

[Loyal]

Has a starter deck and collects one main type of card. Example Pokemon fire types.  This is the ones who buy just 1 console.  They get one stystem they like the most and buy games they like. Be it Wiiu + Zeldas or XBone + FPS.  They enjoy their one console and don't "need" another.

[Mixed]

These people buy starter deck + multiple types that like or think they should own. These people in console terms will buy a ps4+wiiu for example and get games from driffrent people , diffrent types ect.. as to them they feel they need to buy more and enjoy most of the big ones.

[die hard]

Needs to collect every card in existance. In console terms they'll get all 3 big ones.  They need to get everything that's big or as much as they can anyway.

There is nothing wrong with any of theses but as opinion is based on you as an individual. Everyone makes these claims not just him. I've said before now "Oh god reality tv. Talk about worthless, bottom of the barrel shows!" or "Anyone who thinks twlight is good is an iddiot" we all do this. They only reason his comment is seen as worse here is a) Some view it as insulting Nintendo which wasn't , B) some dont want more than one console.  Plus that show while opinions is also entertainment. When ever you film stuff like this you feel you can be more vulgar or a little more "to the point" as it entertains. I've done the same thing when I record group stuff.

All that should matter to people is the following "Are you happy with your purchase?" if you bought Mario and loved it, great, if you bought halo and love it great , if you bought GTA and like it , great. As long as YOU like what you buy then who cares what some guy you'll never meet said on a video of opinions? He is entilted to his opinion as much as we are. If you buy something you hate to please or impress others then THAT is the only time you should regret your purchase.

Nope, it is objectively true that you are not an softshell lizard if you only have one console, and it is objectively true that you shouldn't treat video games like crack, and it is objectively true that you will be just fine if you don't "experience" every awesome exclusive of the generation.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#26 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

Nope, it is objectively true that you are not an softshell lizard if you only have one console, and it is objectively true that you shouldn't treat video games like crack, and it is objectively true that you will be just fine if you don't "experience" every awesome exclusive of the generation.

Depends on your love. I share great experiences with videogames with friends. So to me as an individual. Games are what I spent most of my money on. Just like if you enjoyed cars your money would go on your cars, if you like reading then books. It's not treating it as "crack" it's just loving it that much. Example the day street fighter IV came oout a bunch of friends came around and we had big Street fighter party / tourniment. Had not got it day one i would have missed out on that experience which was fun.

You complaining over him "looking down on people for not just having one console" is the EACT same thing as you looking down your nose on that want more.

#27 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

Depends on your love. I share great experiences with videogames with friends. So to me as an individual. Games are what I spent most of my money on. Just like if you enjoyed cars your money would go on your cars, if you like reading then books. It's not treating it as "crack" it's just loving it that much. Example the day street fighter IV came oout a bunch of friends came around and we had big Street fighter party / tourniment. Had not got it day one i would have missed out on that experience which was fun.

You complaining over him "looking down on people for not just having one console" is the EACT same thing as you looking down your nose on that want more.

Not true.  The difference is that it's objectively good for me to look down on him for looking down on people who don't have more than one console.  It's objectively bad for him to look down on people who have more than one console.  

I'm fine to agree to disagree on these points, by the way.  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#28 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

Okay finally got a chance to watch the video. I was laughing when he said that. I can see where he is coming from, but to just say it like that is a bit strange. He should have just that if you buy only a WiiU then you are going to miss out on lots of third party content from the other consoles. He did say that though, but the other comment was not necessary.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#29 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 02:15 AM.

#30 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

I'm fine with being a a-hole then. I'm osrry but not a lot of these games catch my interest, i'll probably only regret: Little Big Planet, Knack, Kingdom Hearts 3, The Crew, off the top of my head. "shame" I don't see the appeal in these 'goty games'

Stupid Snowmads!

#31 XxNightfallxX

XxNightfallxX

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Blind Guardian, Elder Scrolls

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

according to IGN apparently I'm an a**hole, wow am I supposed to have IGN's approval to be a decent human being?

#32 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

This made me quite angry when I saw it, I will buy whatever damn console I want.

#33 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

I doubt that I have a need to buy another console- unless Nintendo goes belly up....Even then, I think there will be enough titles to keep me busy for a long, long time....I might buy a PS4 like five years from now if that happened.

#34 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

The only games I wish I could play are LittleBigPlanet and Fat Princess. Not really enough to justify a PlayStation though.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#35 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

according to IGN apparently I'm an a**hole, wow am I supposed to have IGN's approval to be a decent human being?

Yes, obviously 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#36 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

He made a decent point, though.

If you do only purchase a Wii U you're going to miss out on a ton of really good games that are coming to PS4 and/or XBox One. 

To name a few: Kingdom Hearts 3, Titanfall, Destiny, InFAMOUS: Second Son, you get where I'm going.

But he also said that if you only buy a PS4 or XBox, you're missing out on a lot of Nintendo's good games.

The "a-haul" part was unnecessary and harsh, but his point stands.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#37 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

90 percent of the games you buy on PS4 will be on the Xbone. I don't understand people who get both, unless they are rich. 

You will miss out on a lot of games if you don't have any other systems is what his point is, but you'll miss out on a lot if you don't have the Wii U as well.

EDIT: Post above said everything... heh...

Edited by Goose, 22 June 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#38 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:51 AM

Looks like they will just employ anyone these days to work in the games industry. I can see that he doesn't mean to offend nintendo fans but some of these presenters are so sloppy and biased it's a wonder there still in the job. I might get a PS4 but it was hard enough to convince my parents to buy a WiiU (as parents do) so i probably won't be seeing that anytime soon.

If IGN and the many other gaming websites were to include the WiiU in their console war discussion you would only see an army of trolls and half minded fanboys complain about the WiiU been carp and how it can't even be considered to be competition against it's rivals. I also want to say my point on the X1, at this current time it may sound unappealing despite removing the DRM and used game issue, that doesn't mean that it's fate is already decided. If first impressions was all that mattered than the PS3 would not have made it to where it is now. Slowly but surely the X1 and WiiU will find their place and rest themselves comfortably in the game market. Sony is just like any other gaming company and like all companies, are bound to make mistakes. People are expecting the PS4 to be absolutely perfect, it could well be but down hold your breath that it will be as good as we all think it will be. Anyway thats just my opinion

Posted Image

This is where it ends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!