Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

Go Nintendo

Coming from an IGN interview with Shigeru Miyamoto.

"[We've] been working on what we can do to increase our internal staff in a way that will allow us to have more projects going at the same time."

- This increase in size will allow Nintendo to not only create new games but watch over older IPs
- Miyamoto has been working with Yoshiaki Koizumi "on what we can do to allow the Tokyo studio to create more games."
- Nintendo had already started to "gradually" increase that studio's team over time

"We're doing this not by going out of house to different companies and having them develop games for us, but instead by working with partner companies and subsidiaries in a way that allows the Tokyo studio to run more projects."

Miyamoto on Retro's talents

"Certainly we do feel that we want to leverage the capabilities of Retro Studios further, because as we've seen from the Metroid games, they're a very capable studio."

Miyamoto on why Nintendo has been shifting its thinking and leaning more on its own teams.

"In the past, we had what we called the collaboration projects, which were sort of like an outside company almost doing a cover of our games with their own studios. The determination that we’ve come to more recently is that we prefer to have an internal Nintendo producer who’s there to oversee any outside development work that’s happening, to make sure that it’s in line with what we expect out of our games. I guess in one sense, some of those outside companies that we worked with, they also have a tendency to continue to work on the same projects over time. They tend to look more like internal companies or internal partners than they really actually are. The development style that we have with those companies (Retro, Next Level) is much closer to our own internal development style. It allows us to expand our resources."

IGN

#2 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...ame-development

This is good news. I've been saying Nintendo needs to expand and make more games. ^_^
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#3 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

This is really good news. I hope this means retro will get a new team! Maybe I'm just wishful thinking though :(

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

Post on the wii u games board beat you by a minute!

Or was it the other way around? Oh well. MERGE!!!!

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

Great news, though I wish they jumped on this sooner.
Posted Image

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

Allelujia

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#7 Dr Wario

Dr Wario

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

I just hope the quality doesn't suffer.  Managing larger teams is a tough job, and I'm not sure how thinly their managerial talent is spread as it is.  I do know that Miyamoto's schedule is pretty tight.

undOZ4c.png

#8 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

This is great news.

Edited by Zinix, 21 June 2013 - 05:39 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#9 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

I think Platinum games is an example of this since they are making The Wonderful 101

#10 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

Gee maybe they'll finally get those 1st party titles since they ain't gonna get any 3rd party support. Take action Nintendo and this is a good thing.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

So are we going to see a Paper mario U and a Kirby U?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#12 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

Well this is awesome news, I think it's about time Nintendo went back to some of it's old stuff :)

#13 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

I want to see them increase staff in a way where they will be able to provide for third parties better. Like I literally want Nintendo to send a small team to ubi, ea, activision, and their developer's studios to help them port third party games to the Wii u. That way we get all those game and they are done well.

If this move means fire emblem U is coming sooner though, sign me up!

#14 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

Post on the wii u games board beat you by a minute!

Or was it the other way around? Oh well. MERGE!!!!

I know right? I couldn't find my post until now lol

I want to see them increase staff in a way where they will be able to provide for third parties better. Like I literally want Nintendo to send a small team to ubi, ea, activision, and their developer's studios to help them port third party games to the Wii u. That way we get all those game and they are done well.

If this move means fire emblem U is coming sooner though, sign me up!

That's a horrible idea. Nintendo should not spend resources to help port games. They should, however, do what you said but instead of helping making ports they should help them make exclusives for Wii U. That would help Nintendo more.

#15 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

That's a horrible idea. Nintendo should not spend resources to help port games. They should, however, do what you said but instead of helping making ports they should help them make exclusives for Wii U. That would help Nintendo more.

I wouldn't mind if they used the staff to port all of their Gamecube games to the virtual console, and worked with third-parties to license and port their NGC games...

#16 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

I wouldn't mind if they used the staff to port all of their Gamecube games to the virtual console, and worked with third-parties to license and port their NGC games...

I just think Nintendo needs to make a reason to buy a Wii U. Ports aren't reasons. Ports are good for current owners, sure. But why should U buy a Wii U to play my old GCN games, when I own a GCN, or a Wii? And I'd have to buy the games again.

Same goes with ports from other systems. If I have a 360, and the type of games I like are COD, why buy Wii U for COD when you have that with 360?

There is no reason. But if Nintendo can provide exclusive games that make hardcore gamers want the Wii U, them they have reasons to buy the Wii U versions of multiplats.

#17 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

I sold my gamecube and lost a lot of my favourite games. I've only gotten back a handful.

And many people problably never had a gamecube.

#18 Kyle1503

Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

GREAT NEWS!!

#19 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

I'm eager to see Monster, Next Level, and Treasure's Wii U titles. 

#20 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

I sold my gamecube and lost a lot of my favourite games. I've only gotten back a handful.

And many people problably never had a gamecube.

Yes, but you can buy a GCN, and the games, cheaper than buying a Wii U and then download the games. My point is Nintendo needs more exclusive games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!